Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Wendymr Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
This is absolutely wonderful, Chris! You have such a talent for vivid description, making me feel that I really am in a croft in the Shetlands.

Winnie's terrific. wink A great character, and extremely shrewd. I really like the way she is sceptical of Clark, to the point of not even telling him he's welcome. He's clearly hiding things, and she lets him away with very little.

Can't wait for part 2!! wildguy

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Chris, I *love* this... it's always extra charming to see Clark through fresh eyes, so to speak. And you do such a marvelous job of giving us full-fleshed new personalities with just a few paragraphs!

I especially enjoyed Clark's expression when Winnie scoffed that he might as well have flown, and the cape-like towel that foreshadowed what might be the next time she sees him...? smile

Wonderful writing. Looking forward to MORE!

Hazel

Lois: You know the deal.
Clark: Superman gets the guys in capes, Lois and Clark get the guys in suits.

-- Action Comics 827
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Fascinating. And yes, wonderful writing! Gimme more <g>

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Top Banana
Top Banana
This was absolutely beautiful. I want to go on and on about how much I loved this... the details, the imagery, the mood and flavor and feel of this story are just wonderful. This was a delight to read!

And, I love the premise. Anxiously awaiting Part 2...

- Vicki

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Great story, Chris. Very atmospheric. I feel as if I've finally made it to Scotland. You draw characters well. Mrs. Byrne is new to us, yet she is fully drawn and believable.

Looking for Part 2.

LaurieD clap

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Wow this is so original! And just fascinating so far. I love your descriptions, especially of Winnie's childhood and the recollection of the old legends. The bit about having eyes like a selkie is just brilliant!
hyper
more soon!

Merriwether
Merriwether
I've loved the selkie mythos since I read McCaffrey's Powers That Be books. So for that alone I would have loved this.

But as it turns out, that's the least of what I adored about it!

The mood, setting, and tone are so wonderful. Wendy's assessment of Winnie (say THAT five times fast goofy ) is right on! I like what I've seen of Jessi, and I want to see more.

And I really want to visit Winnie!

What made me laugh the most (and lots of details made me giggle) was the dog's name. laugh Poor thing!

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun
Kerth
Kerth
Nice story smile

Jose smile1

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
Top Banana
Top Banana
This is gorgeous writing, rich and atmospheric.

And so original, too.

Wonderful, can't wait for more,

CC

You mean we're supposed to have lives?

Oh crap!

~Tank
Top Banana
Top Banana
Chris - how very wonderful. And what a fabulous idea. I so much agree with you that somewhere along the line, Clark had to have made some friends. It is so sweet to think that one of them might have been this interesting woman.

I especially like the disparity in their ages - so much more interesting than if Clark interacted with a peer. I like her perspective coming from her vast years of experience.

You've done an excellent job describing what I can just imagine to be this wind-swept, sea-salted atmosphere. Makes me want to visit the Shetlands.

Great job,
Lynn

You know that boy'd walk on water for you? Or he'd drown tryin'. -Perry White to Lois in Just Say Noah
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Cute story. thumbsup

MAF clap

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
I like the story; the whole scene is so vivid that I can picture it clearly in my mind. So, is Winnie going to recognize him when he makes his debut as Superman, or do you have something else in mind?

When is the next part due?

Nan

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Thank you all for your kind words. I wasn't sure how people would react to Winnie, so I'm delighted that you like her. As for the Shetlands, themselves, I'm delighted that you seem to like my description. They are beautiful; I only hope I've done them justice.

As for Nan's question:
So, is Winnie going to recognize him when he makes his debut as Superman, or do you have something else in mind?
I have something else in mind.

Chris (who hopes part two will not disappoint)

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard