Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Feedback is Love. smile

~•~
#97266 09/11/13 04:38 PM
Kerth
Kerth
I take it the end of S1 went very differently in that universe. Clark killed Luthor to save Lois?

Whatever the back-story, that's a very effective story, I think it works very well.

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
#97267 09/11/13 04:54 PM
S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
Nice. You get us thinking that we're looking at Clark when we're really not. Very effective.

Joan

#97268 09/11/13 05:50 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I'm guessing that Superman was charged with the death of Luthor after the accident in the old subway lair in the middle of the Argh arc, but Clark was still free to continue with his life with Lois. Well, that's the most positive spin I could put on things. (Wrongly accused / convicted in the death of Luthor).

I love how you kept it up in the air until the last whether or not this was Clark and Jonathan or Clark and his son. clap Terrific!

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#97269 09/11/13 07:36 PM
Kerth
Kerth
Here you go! Lots of love coming your way!!

clap I loved this! Very sad but beautiful. The reveal was quite a shocker. I thought for sure the whole time that it was Clark and Jonathan. Then I realized there was no Martha and I was wondering what happened to her and if it had anything to do with why Clark couldn't be a hero... Boy, was I wrong!

Wonderful and sad and sweet (in my own perverse little way) and beautiful twist. smile Glad you shared!

P.S. After reading the other comments, I'd like to also wager a guess... Clark and Lois are married, have a baby, then Lex comes back (again) and kills Lois and in a rage Clark kills Lex before disappearing off the map, knowing his sins and that he needed to go take care of his son (if you want a darker concept, of course). laugh

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
#97270 09/11/13 11:44 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Your one-shots pack a powerful punch! Couldn't you expand on it a tiny bit to give us poor readers a backstory? thumbsup

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
#97271 09/13/13 03:23 PM
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
I almost didn't read this story because of the WHAM warning; I'm glad I decided to do so.

You had me fooled right up to the very last sentence. My first thought when the protagonist's father set down was that it had been Jor-El, since I was still trying to turn the protagonist into Clark.

Brava!

Joy,
Lynn

#97272 09/13/13 04:52 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Very well written! As others say, I want a backstory. But the way you have written it makes me think, "What could have happened?" The fact that I'll be ruminating about this all night long is a tribute to your storytelling genius.

#97273 09/16/13 09:57 AM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Thanks, you guys! smile

~•~
#97274 09/29/13 04:24 AM
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
WHAM Warning
Oh dear!

He huffed and shoved his hands into his pockets. “But Dad, I can't just ignore people who need help; not when I can do something about it!”
Clark and Son?

It was unfair. His father was being completely stubborn and unreasonable, and the man had no right to tell him what to do.
Teenager, all right.

Costumes. Disguises. At once, the answer came to him. With a grin, he stepped into a nearby craft store.
Black cowl and a cape?

Would it work? It had to work. What would he call himself if people asked his name?
Capeman?

He was quite unprepared for the police chief's first question.

“Did you honestly think that would work?”
Huh.

“Son, do you remember the story I used to tell you when you were little? About the knight, the wizard, and the beautiful princess?”
Uuuu-oh.

“It was true,” his father said, softly. “The princess was your mother.” His dad brushed at a bit of condensation that had somehow formed under his mask, then pulled him in for a final hug and whispered, “Make us both proud, Lane.”
[Linked Image]

That’s an unfortunate turn of events, Mary! Clark really should have taken more care in cleaning up Lex’s remains.

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard