Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Thank you for everyone who reviewed and left feedback -- this was one of the hardest stories I've written so everything helped! Hope you enjoyed the end, and I'd love to hear your thoughts on it!

S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
If this was her subtle way of informing she’d figured out that he’d turned Gaston into a rose for her, he would let it pass him by unremarked; he knew how to pick his battles.
Was that actually stated on the show or something clever you came up with? Either way, I love it.

I just wanted to know if maybe there were others. Others like me. If you’re from another world--”
How touching.

You’re not an outsider, Clark. I didn’t notice that you were different because that’s not what defines you
Aw. You do such a nice job with both couples. Rumple especially is such a complex character. Sometimes it's hard to like him but there is a kernel of goodness in there.

Nice job!

Joan

T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Wow.

I have never watched Once Upon A Time, but this story makes me want to catch up on it. I agree with the other posters, you've done a marvelous job capturing not only Clark and Lois, but Rumple and Belle and the other characters. If you were to revisit this crossover world, I would gladly read it.

Excellent job, A-K. A real joy from start to finish. It's unusual to have so much conflict in a story where there really are no bad guys, just heroes in their own corners of the universe who happen to be at cross purposes with each other. The tension was real, the showdown between Clark and Rumple kept me wondering how either of them would react and how far either of them would go, and the resolution rang true even with my limited knowledge of the Storybrooke and its denizens. My figurative hat is doffed to you, and I'm certain a Kerth nomination is in your future.

The part I liked best was how both Rumple and Clark grew, character-wise. Both men have a much better handle on why their respective ladies want to be a part of their lives, and both men have learned something positive about themselves. I applaud your skill in showing us this growth without beating us over the head with it. And the way you let both Clark and Rumple accept parts of themselves which they had not thought to be all that positive was both smooth and natural. Wonderful, wonderful tale.

More! More! So where's the next story?

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
And they lived happily ever after. smile

A
Columnist
Columnist
A
This was such a great story. I'm so impressed at how you wrote this crossover. You were dead on for both shows, which is no small feat.

I love seeing new stuff from you, and I'm hoping there's more where this came from!

Amber smile

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I have no words to describe how incredibly well this fic has been conceived, written and then executed. That saying something, especially since I have not a clue what is going in Storybrooke.

Rumble is an enemy more dangerous than any Clark has previously gone up against. Yet at the same time he is to be pitied more than any of them.

Imagine making a deal only to save a teacup? Somewhere that guy has a real heart.

Poor Lois and Clark, sitting on the story of the century! Talk about frustrating.

We all know how Lois and Clark turned out, but Rumble and Belle's story is still pretty much up in the air. Perhaps it will be resolved soon enough.

Thanks for letting us tag along with our favorite reporters as they entered a realm quite alien to their own.

Please don't stop writing LnC stories!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Thanks, scifiJoan! The bit about Rumplestiltskin turning Gaston into a rose is in the show, actually -- the Dark One is powerful enough that there's no epic battle for them, just a snap of Rumplestiltskin's fingers and a rose to give to his maid -- but it IS funny. Rumplestiltskin IS a complex character, which is why I love him, and yeah, I think you either love him or hate him because he makes a lot of bad decisions! smile

Thanks, Terry! Your comment really made me smile -- the problem with not having a true 'bad guy' of a story is that the tension has to be convincingly delivered, and I admit that I really struggled with that in the planning and writing stages, so it was so great to hear that it turned out well! I'm kind of fascinated by the similarities/differences of Rumplestiltskin and Clark, so it was fun for me to get to explore that a bit -- they both feel like they're unworthy of being loved, but both for very different reasons and each of them makes a different decision about how to handle that. Lois and Belle have just as many similarities/differences, but they're each there for their true love, which pleases me on multiple levels. smile I would definitely encourage you to check out OUaT -- it's incredibly enjoyable with lots of themes and subtext in the fairy tale settings.

Thanks for sticking with me through the whole story despite the delays, Iolanthe!

Glad you enjoyed, amberlea! Crossovers are harder than I expected, so I am impressed with anyone who's ever written one now!

Rumplestiltskin is incredibly dangerous -- but he definitely does have a heart, Morgana! I'm glad you were able to follow along even without having watching OUaT!

Thanks, everyone, for following this story from beginning to end!!!

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
this world’s equivalent of a sorcerer
clap

He understood it this time no better than he had the last.
Awwww!

he’d turned Gaston into a rose for her
Another little detail I loved about their story.

“I think you like Clark,” Belle said archly.
clap

“Please. I have no doubt he and Prince Charming would get along famously--they’re cast in the same mold.”
Maybe, Rumple, but you and Clark are more alike than you think.

“Or maybe he reminds you of someone else.”
See?

He really didn’t deserve this--deserve *her*--but Rumplestiltskin didn’t let that stop him from holding her close and leaning his brow against hers.
How often has Clark thought the same about Lois? smile

He was so afraid that one day that would change, and he was so relieved every day when it didn’t.
Aww! <hugs Rumple>

Belle wrapped her arms more tightly around him and whispered, “Will you stay with me tonight?”
Awww!

the particles into one of her favorite books from the Dark Castle.
He's such a sweetie! (Yes, I said that about the Dark One...I know...)

he felt *loved* and that was such an unfamiliar feeling that he didn’t think he’d ever stop marveling at it.
Awww!

as if seeking to pry away his layers, his armor
Love this.

would have been severely disappointed in them if they *hadn’t* been wary of him
clap

“Okay,” he said, curving his arms around her waist and floating upward into the daylight sky, careful to go quickly enough that the normal human eye wouldn’t spot them unless specifically looking.
Flying in your civvies, Clark?! eek

letting her see the hybrid he was.
Oooh!

but that’s because the *truth* is that they’re not from here and this world isn’t theirs. But you’re not like them, Clark.
Awww! Clark, she *likes* you.

And you’re not an outsider, because you belong with me, and when I’m with you, *I* don’t feel like so much of an outsider.
Awww! (Yes, I've thrown a lot of those around...but I mean them!)

Wow! I really enjoyed this story. Nicely woven together and I commend you on making the crossover work. As we've discussed in emails, I've been wanting to see a L&C/OUAT crossover, especially one that has Clark and Rumple interacting/making deals. Well done!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Kerth
Kerth
I finally got the time to finish reading this story, and I'm so glad I did.

I'm not familiar with the OUAT characters, but that didn't detract from the story. I sensed a sort of parallelism going on - Rumple/Belle & Lois/Clark - which helped tie everything together.

I loved the line about Lois being the anchor that tied Clark to the earth.

Great job, Anti-K.

Corrina.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard