OP Offline
Kerth
Thanks for your patience with this fic.

Corrina.

#95707 06/05/13 02:39 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Ooh, hey, go Matty!

Maybe this Lois Moko thing will work out for giving Kent time. Lois is stubborn, and will want everyone to understand that she's fine alone, and she wants Kent because she wants him, not because she doesn't want to be Lois Moko.

#95708 06/05/13 10:05 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Clark's not going to think that there's less pressure now that Lois is labeled as "alone" but more, even if that's not Lois's intent. He hears the whispers of the villagers, and sees the sadness in Diddi's expression. Will the others in the village treat her differently as Matty suggested they might, or is life with the Bangala really be paradise found?

Lois's analytical mind is starting to work again. clap I'm almost amazed that it took her a week to figure out there's more to Clark than being an orphan and Lana mistreatment. What does it mean that these reporters initially took each other's back stories at face value when they were clearly full of holes?

Romaric and Lois share a secret. Romaric found Lois outside of Bangala land. Sounds like the secret is about the circumstances surrounding how she was found. Romaric will protect Lois's secret, because he loves her and she asked him too. We already know from the first part that Tempus dropped Lois in section of the Congo, so her story about gun-runners and the truck, as I've mentioned above, has some holes in it. Lois doesn't want the secret revealed to the Bangala for some reason (out of fear that they will reject her? Perhaps initially out of fear that they will banish her if they knew there was someone out there trying to kill her, which might lead bad men to Bangala country. Now, that they've accepted her into the tribe, I'm guessing that they wouldn't reject her. She doesn't want the secret revealed now, because she doesn't want Matty to know that she lied to him. Or suspect Kent as being one of the bad men after her.)

Lois is right. There's no way that Lana would know for sure that Kent isn't the father of her child, unless Lana knew she was pregnant before resuming marital intimacy with Clark. (Because I believe he mentioned -- in his thoughts -- something about them no longer trying after a while). Otherwise, Lana could be lying to Clark and THAT would be bad for the future. If Lana lied to Clark about the baby, I really am worried about that child's future... between Lana and Tempus. Even if she didn't lie, and didn't know for sure, Clark would never agree to DNA testing. Duh! And Lana knows that. Lana could also easily revoke the lie latter on, saying that Clark abandoned her and the child (despite accusing him of spousal abuse), allowing him to lose custody if he could determine the child to be his own (even if he didn't really "abandon" them). If Clark ever becomes "Superman" and returns to his old civilization, Lana could always out him (should she wish to ruin his new life), or she always could claim that they were never legally divorced so that he wasn't legally married to Lois (even if they were in accordance to Bangala culture). True, Clark could always pledge to never return to his former civilization, but is that really a promise he can keep? Should Lois become pregnant (and put doubts into Clark's mind whether or not Lana's child was also his), or got sick, and he had regained his powers, he would return to find her modern medicines.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#95709 06/05/13 11:30 AM
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Lois seems to have figured out a lot about Kent. True, she does not really know why he thinks he cannot father a child, but she does understand his thoughts on the matter.

whinging that Clark still thinks he should not pursue Lois.

Lois being single will make things even harder for Clark.

On one level I guess there was lots of progress this section, with Lois becoming single, but it still felt like Lois and Kent were not making much progress at all.

I am glad Lois loves him no matter what, but I think she will have a hard time telling him that.

John Pack Lambert
#95710 06/05/13 11:33 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Or my evil thought - something thinks Lana is lying about the baby being someone else's and takes care of that minor issue by taking out Lana. dance

Big Apricot Superman Movieverse
The World of Lois & Clark
Richard White to Lois Lane: Lois, Superman is afraid of you. What chance has Clark Kent got? - After the Storm
#95711 06/05/13 04:47 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Sure, Kent will feel more pressure now. But it's an obvious pressure that Lois will be on the lookout for, and I suspect she'll talk to him about it right away.

Unless someone slips them both gingko.

#95712 06/09/13 07:17 PM
A
Columnist
Columnist
A
This is an interesting turn of events. Clark's excuses are being eliminated, one by one. Eventually, all that he and Lois will be left with is the truth, and I'm as eager to see Lois tell Clark the truth as I am for Clark to tell Lois the truth.

I'm wondering when the superpowers will make a return appearance...that should shake things up a little! smile

I really love this story and am looking forward to more (as patiently as I can)!

Amber smile

#95713 07/03/13 02:49 PM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Amy.

Post 1 - good point.

Post 2 - another good point. I like that you have some faith in Lois. And LOL about the gingko. Maybe Sylva might decide to make them both tea? wink

Virginia
Romaric and Lois share a secret. Romaric found Lois outside of Bangala land. Sounds like the secret is about the circumstances surrounding how she was found.
All true.

Romaric will protect Lois's secret, because he loves her and she asked him too. We already know from the first part that Tempus dropped Lois in section of the Congo, so her story about gun-runners and the truck, as I've mentioned above, has some holes in it.
A gentle reminder from Part 1 (it was a long time ago) ...

"Goodbye, Mr Kent." Mr Tempus's voice echoed through the capsule. "After all we've meant to each other, I feel an obligation to give you a fitting burial. And because I'm a man who can appreciate irony, your body will rot near hers."
Nothing here says that Tempus dropped Lois in the Congo. Nor does it disprove her gun-runner story.

Now, that they've accepted her into the tribe, I'm guessing that they wouldn't reject her. She doesn't want the secret revealed now, because she doesn't want Matty to know that she lied to him. Or suspect Kent as being one of the bad men after her.)
Your last point is something I've tried to hint at throughout the story, although I think I've erred on the side of subtleness. Lois's initial fear was exactly that - that the unconscious man had been sent to find her. As she got to know Kent, she dismissed that possibility.

(Because I believe he mentioned -- in his thoughts -- something about them no longer trying after a while).
Clark's thoughts were that sex had stopped other than around the times of Lana's ovulation - ie it had deteriorated to merely baby-making.

Thanks for your indepth comments.

John

On one level I guess there was lots of progress this section, with Lois becoming single, but it still felt like Lois and Kent were not making much progress at all.
When a man like alt-Clark - full of insecurities - loses everything (including his will to live) the road back isn't going to be easy or quick. As the writer, I'm constantly striving for balance. If it moves too quickly, it seems unrealistic and the character of Clark loses touch with Clark as we know him. If it moves too slowly, readers get frustrated and lose interest. As with many stories, I think this will be a more satisfying read as a whole, rather than in parts.

Dandello Oooh, evil. Lana has done deals with Tempus. Her death wouldn't be a surprise.

Thanks to everyone for the comments and continuing to read.

Corrina.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard