Next Thread
Print Thread
T
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
T
devil Bad author! Bad author!

Looks like Lois doesn't need a shovel. She's digging herself in deeper by the moment.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Kerth
Kerth
Hehehehehehehehehehe... evil

I like it so far. Funny how she got Robertson with roofies. (Time for a Castle quote!)

BECKETT
Why would a bridesmaid need roofies?

CASTLE
You want to take advantage of a guy, knocking him unconscious kind of defeats the purpose. Best way? Just ask.
BECKETT
Alright, Mike. Walk me through what happened with you and Sophie last night.

MIKE WEITZ
She came on to me is what happened. Acted all flirty, brought me a drink.

CASTLE
A drink spiked with roofies.

MIKE WEITZ
Yeah. Nuts, right? I mean, who roofies a guy? All a girl has to do is ask.
So... rotflol Funny new use for the drug. (Sorry, my mind takes me to random places... ) blush

And YAY for Clark picking a fight with Nigel and figuring out some stuff about Luthor (not that he didn't already have his assumptions, I presume). I can't wait for the next chapter already!

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Well, Luthor is starting to feel the heat!! rotflol

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
M
Columnist
Columnist
M
I love Clark punching Nigel. That was awesome.

"It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him." -Batman (in Superman/Batman #3 by Jeph Loeb)
BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
devil

I'm in love with this story. Your characterizations are so fun, Terry, especially the secondary and tertiary characters. Favorite line(s): Lois Lane, fugitive from justice. Now Mason has even more reason to dislike Lois!

Nigel is a bad boy for cluing Clark in to their fear. But wasn't that the point of Luthor's attempts to seduce Lois, to keep her close and clueless? He knew what having Lois on his trail would mean.

More soon!
B

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
So does this make Nigel "death" since Clark punched him in the mouth? wink

It's not good that shooting people is coming easier for Lois. frown I am doubtful is the psychologist is the last link before "The Boss". I'm pretty sure Nigel is, and being that Nigel already hates Lois, I doubt that that confrontation will just be a friendly chat.

I'm glad that Lois is already familiar with Dr. Friskin. It will make their relationship in the future easier. Also, would that she's already visited a psychologist allow her to work towards a insanity or temporarily insane plea? Hmmmm.

I was kind of surprised her model angle worked. Robinson seemed suspicious of it as well. I thought Roofies merely knocked out the person, not worked as a true serum. That's scary. eek But I guess he needed to be somewhat walkable for her to be able to move him around.

Let's tally up Lois's crimes, thus far, (please let me know if I'm missing any):

- Stealing 2 cars.
- Kidnapping.
- Shooting 3 people / Assault with a deadly weapon (thrice).
- Robbery (of the gun), or is it only counted as theft since she was stealing the gun with the gun?
- Extortion. (Gathering of information by force. I'm not sure if that counts as Extortion or not.) huh

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
S
Columnist
Columnist
S
Originally posted by VirginiaR:

- Robbery (of the gun), or is it only counted as theft since she was stealing the gun with the gun?
Not sure about robbery. Lois paid $250 for the gun and ammo and then used it to get information out of Walt.

Lois Lane, fugitive from Justice, is probably down for breaking and entering, though. She'd be too easy to trace if she had paid to use the warehouse.

There's a soft spot in my heart for Mayson Drake, done well. This is her to a tee.

I like the image but a little more description of Nigel going ass-over-teakettle would've made my day! It must have been hard for Clark to deal with Nigel and make it look non-super. After all. it wouldn't do for Nigel to start thinking that Clark shouldn't have been able to do what he did.

Shallowford
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Shallowford:
Originally posted by VirginiaR:
[b]
Not sure about robbery. Lois paid $250 for the gun and ammo and then used it to get information out of Walt. [/b]
Oh, I didn't remember that part. I thought she paid like Tempus in Tempus Fugitive. wink

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I have wanted either Nigel or Lex to get a pop in the mouth for ages! So glad to see it has finally happened.

Nigel is an old man. He may know all kinds of tricks, but Clark - super or not - might have the upper hand in that contest. So glad Perry stood up to Lex... that took courage!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
You need to update your TOC page to include this newest part. Hope you don't mind, but I've included a link from my A-Plot challenge page to your story, as it seems to fit the bit quite well. laugh

VirginiaR.
---
T
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
T
Thank you, Virginia. I hadn't even considered this in regard to your A-plot challenge, so I'm glad you thought highly enough about my story to include it.

I'll have individual responses later today and the next chapter up soon after that. Thanks for reading, everyone!

T
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
T
Mouserocks, I know that using roofies on a guy is not standard procedure, but the drug works on guys just like it does on gals. It makes a person very happy, very compliant, and usually very memory-impaired - but not always. Nigel definitely wants a rematch with Clark, but he obviously doesn't know what he's letting himself in for.

Ken, don't forget that Luthor is a past master at interpreting events his way. We'll see that in the next chapter.

mrsMxyzptlk, I always wanted to see Clark take a poke at Nigel in the show and he never did. Thank goodness for fanfic!

BJ, thanks for the compliment on the lesser characters. I read a book once where the bad guy had associates who were two-dimensional - literally - and never spoke, never made any choices, never did anything except what the bad guy told them to do. It was awful. They might as well have just thrown themselves into the Well of Lost Plots.

Virginia, I doubt that Clark hit Nigel hard enough to actually hurt him. I'm sure it was more of a push than a punch or Nigel would have been carried out on a gurney.

You were tallying up Lois' crimes. Let's see, we have three counts of assault with a deadly weapon (the shootings), two counts of grand theft auto, discharging a firearm in a public place (when she shot Walt), felony injury, kidnapping (Robertson), felony restraint (using force to keep someone at a place against his/her will), and there are more to come.

Shallowford, she'd probably be charged with trespassing for entering the warehouse, assuming anyone bothers with a misdemeanor with that list of felonies above. Don't worry about Clark revealing too much. As we shall see, Nigel didn't pick up on it.

Morgana, glad you liked Clark and Perry standing up to Nigel and Lex, respectively. I think Luthor is a lot less intimidating when he doesn't have the upper hand.

Next chapter up in moments!

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard