Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Comments go here!

Corrina.

#95400 05/19/13 03:10 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Ooh, Kent *wants* to make a rocket for Diddi! Progress!

#95401 05/19/13 06:05 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I find it interesting that there's a Bangala word for Space Ship, and Diddi knows what a rocket and a plane are, but he's never heard of a truck. With all the English words that Diddi knows about space, it sounds like he's not the only one in the family who likes looking into the night's sky.

Glad to hear that Lois's curiosity didn't disappear with her trip into the Congo.

I can't wait to hear Lois's story. [Linked Image] I'm guessing with Lois's pent up frustration, it's going to be a good one. I wonder if Clark's hearing will suddenly reappear while Lois is reading her "story" to the girls. clap I hope so. evil

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#95402 05/20/13 09:15 AM
M
Columnist
Columnist
M
I'm also hoping we get to hear some of Lois's story.

I hope Lois has learned some patience. I can't see Clark feeling free to pursue a relationship with her any time soon. I doubt that he would consider his marriage null and void just because he's not around anymore.

I'm anticipating that Clark will get his powers back at some point, and he will fly back to the States and either divorce Lana formally, find that she has divorced him in his absence, or find that she's dead. I wouldn't put it past Tempus to kill her just for kicks. On the other hand, I half expect that he's the baby daddy, and he might just keep her around just for kicks.

"It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him." -Batman (in Superman/Batman #3 by Jeph Loeb)
#95403 05/21/13 07:40 PM
S
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
S
lovely part - especially the end. I love the tenderness , sweetness, and the gentle prodding of Sylva to Lois about pretty boy Clark. did that make any sense? love staying up late to check for a new part and finding it!

#95404 06/02/13 01:05 PM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Amy Good point, having interest in doing anything is always a step forward. And a rocket, well, that has particular relevance for Clark.

Virginia Diddi has a particular interest in space. As he asked questions about the huge expanse above him, Lois would have answered in her own language, teaching him words such as rocket. However, he can't see his mother's original home, and even if she's told him about it (which would be very little, given her aversion to her former society) he wouldn't be able to imagine such a modern world, brimming with cars, trucks, trains, etc.

Mrs M Interesting thoughts about Tempus. wink

Sarah Great to hear from you! Sylva's prodding will make more sense in a couple of chapters.

Thanks to everyone for the comments.

Corrina.

#95405 06/02/13 01:23 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Female Hawk:
[b]Virginia Diddi has a particular interest in space. As he asked questions about the huge expanse above him, Lois would have answered in her own language, teaching him words such as rocket. However, he can't see his mother's original home, and even if she's told him about it (which would be very little, given her aversion to her former society) he wouldn't be able to imagine such a modern world, brimming with cars, trucks, trains, etc. [/b]
Just out of curiosity and from what you said above, I'm assuming Diddi hasn't received Lois's official version of the "truth" regarding her scars (including the part about being pushed out of the truck). Will we eventually learn what she told him about her injuries?

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#95406 07/03/13 02:22 PM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Originally posted by VirginiaR:
Just out of curiosity and from what you said above, I'm assuming Diddi hasn't received Lois's official version of the "truth" regarding her scars (including the part about being pushed out of the truck). Will we eventually learn what she told him about her injuries?
Diddi is only five. I imagine that Lois has given him a vague explanation for her scars, but concentrated far more on Romaric's heroic rescue than what the bad guys did to her. Remember back in the early parts (a LONG time ago, now), I wrote that Diddi hadn't learned to fear people? If Lois had laboured the point about her being hurt, that couldn't have been true and Diddi would have been far more apprehensive about Kent's arrival.

Lois came from the alt-world where guns were plentiful. I don't think she'd mention their existence to her son.

In answer to your question, it probably won't be explicit, more deduction as per the above explanation.

Thanks for the question,

Corrina.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard