Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#94966 05/03/13 10:55 AM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Comments if you please! This story had me smiling writing it, so I hope we do get to see a lot more WAFF this month. I could definitely go for some! love

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Awwwwww! hyper

It seemed so much like Perry to set this "dinner party" up and then not show at the last minute. Sneaky editor...er... mayor.

I like how much like S1 Lois your alt-Lois is, but without the anger. Hesitant, shy, cautious, babbling brookish (in the talking before thinking way).

And Clark's just in 7th heaven. Patient. Very nice.

I was surprised to see Cat with Jimmy, but I guess him being rich and owner of the DP made up for him being much, much younger.

I wish I could write patience like you wrote Clark's, but since I don't have any (unless you count procrastination on housework), my characters usually don't either. laugh

Thanks for breaking out of your evil shell and showing us your soft underbelly! I was afraid I wouldn't be getting any more takers and everyone would go evil on me. (We've got enough Evil in RL at the moment, I'll take comedy and WAFF in my stories where I can get it). I hope your dinner party ended with a nice kiss too. [Linked Image]

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Hi Mouserocks,

What is this world coming to? You're writing WAFF and I'm writing EVIL! Maybe May is really topsy-turvy (Or, as my favourite bard wrote, 'tapsalteerie' -- love that term) month.

In any event, you do write WAFF quite well. thumbsup

Joy,
Lynn

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi Mouse,

A woderfully WAFFy story.

Go girl!

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
S
Columnist
Columnist
S
Thanks for a great story. I always thought it was a shame that they couldn't explore alt-Clark's world more in the series. Are there more alt-L&C stories hoping to come out and play?

Shallowford
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Mouse!

See, writing WAFFY is not that hard, you do it so well. Excellent story. Alt-Clark is happy even comfortable being a public figure although he is a private person.

The interaction between Cat and James is a hoot! This is the one and only time I have ever seen them together, despite the fact that they are 'cousins'. Really neat idea.

Lois is the Lois who should have been had Claude not shown up.

Brilliantly written. Please, let's see more WAFFY from your pen, you have a gentle gift for it.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I really enjoyed it. The slow growth of romance, culminating in the kiss.... well done.

However, I mis-read the title of the story as "The Donner Party". That would have been a downer. laugh

K
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
K
Great story Mouse. smile1

KateB
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Originally posted by IolantheAlias:
I really enjoyed it. The slow growth of romance, culminating in the kiss.... well done.

However, I mis-read the title of the story as "The Donner Party". That would have been a downer. laugh
rotflol That would have been quite the twist, now wouldn't it? wink Sometimes I wouldn't put it past me.

--Mark Twain
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Originally posted by Morgana:
Mouse!

See, writing WAFFY is not that hard, you do it so well. Excellent story. Alt-Clark is happy even comfortable being a public figure although he is a private person.

The interaction between Cat and James is a hoot! This is the one and only time I have ever seen them together, despite the fact that they are 'cousins'. Really neat idea.

Lois is the Lois who should have been had Claude not shown up.

Brilliantly written. Please, let's see more WAFFY from your pen, you have a gentle gift for it.
Glad you enjoyed it! I kind of wanted this Lois to be less angry and more subdued but otherwise like S1 Lois. Didn't think about whether or not Claude was involved, but being caught in the Congo for a year and a half kind of broke her spirit a little bit. Didn't want to get too much into that in a WAFFy story, but I'm glad it came across that her experiences/lack thereof shaped her.

--Mark Twain
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Originally posted by Shallowford:
Thanks for a great story. I always thought it was a shame that they couldn't explore alt-Clark's world more in the series. Are there more alt-L&C stories hoping to come out and play?
Dunno. Maybe. Glad you liked it. smile

--Mark Twain
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Originally posted by KenJ:
Hi Mouse,

A woderfully WAFFy story.

Go girl!
Thanks! Oddly enough, I was drinking a Go Girl energy drink when I was writing this/doing homework... spider Where are you...

--Mark Twain
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Originally posted by Lynn S. M.:
Hi Mouserocks,

What is this world coming to? You're writing WAFF and I'm writing EVIL! Maybe May is really topsy-turvy (Or, as my favourite bard wrote, 'tapsalteerie' -- love that term) month.

Thanks! It is kind of bizarro, isn't it? Don't worry, I'll be switching back onto the evil track soon enough, and hopefully things will be righted. laugh Of course, I still might post more WAFF for the month...

--Mark Twain
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Originally posted by VirginiaR:
Awwwwww! How sweet! You know how I love a good alt-Clark story.
Glad you liked it! i figured if anyone deserved some WAFF, it was him.
I like how much like S1 Lois your alt-Lois is, but without the anger. Hesitant, shy, cautious, babbling brookish (in the talking before thinking way).

And Clark's just in 7th heaven. Patient. Very nice.
Glad that came across all right. I was worried I was just gonna end up making them too weak or something.

I was surprised to see Cat with Jimmy, but I guess him being rich and owner of the DP made up for him being much, much younger.
laugh Hey, even Cat can't change that much. And I'm sure Jimmy doesn't have a problem with it...

I wish I could write patience like you wrote Clark's, but since I don't have any (unless you count procrastination on housework), my characters usually don't either.
blush blush Thanks blush blush

I hope your dinner party ended with a nice kiss too.
I don't kiss and tell... wink But nah. We're still kind of dancing around each other.

Glad you liked!

--Mark Twain
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Originally posted by Mouserocks:
Originally posted by Lynn S. M.:
[b] Hi Mouserocks,

Thanks! It is kind of bizarro, isn't it? Don't worry, I'll be switching back onto the evil track soon enough, and hopefully things will be righted. laugh Of course, I still might post more WAFF for the month... [/b]
And to add to the Bizarro nature of this month, Female Hawk wrote a story that was both short and evil.

Please do post more WAFF. smile

Joy,
Lynn

M
Columnist
Columnist
M
I enjoyed the story. It's nice to see a happy ending for alt-Clark. clap

When Clark mentioned that Perry and Alice weren't going to make it, I thought that Jimmy and his date were going to cancel, too, leaving Lois feeling incredibly awkward. I like that she had Cat there as a friend that she already knew. I can't imagine their relationship before Lois's disappearance was overly friendly, but I'm sure they were happy to see each other, and any previous animosity could easily be overlooked under the circumstances. Their interactions were well done.

"It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him." -Batman (in Superman/Batman #3 by Jeph Loeb)
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Mouse!
Can you keep a secret? It's important, I've got to tell you... It's May!
[Linked Image]

Lois stood outside his front door, bottom lip caught between her teeth in apprehension. Sure, she knew him just fine-- he had rescued her-- and they worked together now, but still... Going to his place? For a dinner-- with no other pretense of a story or anything? It was a little frightening.
Aww, S1 Lois after Clark rescued her from Mr. Makeup?

hey were the ones who set it all up. Mr. Olsen would be coming too,
[Linked Image] [Linked Image]

Alt Universe fluffiness.
[Linked Image] I didn’t remember this line on first reading.

The fact that she was a hopeless cook and would likely be facing another night of takeout food may have helped sway her decision. His charming smile might have had another part in it.
laugh

Clark Kent stood before her, smiling warmly and setting off those strange little flutters in her stomach. His smile widened upon seeing her and her stomach really flipped, like she was being dropped from some really high place.
help

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Well, when put that way, Lois supposed she could forgive it. He didn't know any better. That was fine. She'd just have to teach him a little bit about the world of junk food.
help

Clark grinned. "I assume that's James." He rinsed his hands and dried them before handing Lois the spoon. "You mind stirring this for a minute?"

Clark obviously must of missed the look of sheer terror that passed across Lois' face as he handed her the utensil.
hyper

Tomorrow seemed like a fantastic place.
Awwwww

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard