Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
She loved Max.

She knew she did.
help

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Carol!!!! You're evil!!

Okay, backtracking a bit... this was a *great* section. Lois is finally using her brain, and like Labby, I loved Jonathan's matter of fact response to her wide-eyed reaction.

There were some funny lines, too... loved the one about moving to France wink

But.

Just when everything was coming together, you had her slip and fall???? You're evil. I never use this gremlin, but I think you've earned it: wildguy

PJ
who will nonetheless hold out hope that this will not turn out to be a setback... for Carol's sake... wink

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
EVIL!

She's finally starting to remember things, and now she hits her head again!

wildguy wildguy wildguy wildguy

I can't wait to find out what happens next. laugh
Good job.

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Wow! Great part. drool Want more, please.

MAF drool

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Features Writer
Features Writer
I'm loving this story! It's great!

Now, about this:

Her last conscious thought before she struck her head was that it was happening again.
eek

I agree with everybody else. Get back here right now and post the next part! evil , Carol!

malu

Features Writer
Features Writer
Carol, I loved everything about this section. Well, almost everything...

I loved how Lois questions why her body responded to Clark even though her mind only wanted Max. Jonathan's quiet support during their entire conversation was, of course, wonderful, and totally in character. Everything about that conversation was wonderful. How Lois started questioning, and remembering, and then realizing what slime Deter is (yeah!!), but then...

evil oh no! Things were getting fixed! She knew Deter was scum, she knew the truth about Clark, she was remembering... now what?

Kathy

"Our thoughts form the universe. They always matter." - Babylon 5
Features Writer
Features Writer
Good segment Carol
ditto others
more soon please
merry

Y
Top Banana
Top Banana
Y
Carol,

She fell and hit her head? Oh no! I loved the subtle switch in Lois's mind going from Max to Deter. And I also like how Lois started to remember things as she paced smile .

- Alicia smile

Laura "The Yellow Dart" U. (Alicia U. on the archive)

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." -- Christopher Reeve
Merriwether
Merriwether
What they said! Loved it -- and then you pulled the rug out from under our collective feet! EVIL!

But we'll forgive you if you post the next part soon... wink

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Yeah! Max...the jig is up! thumbsup

Merriwether
Merriwether
Many people have mentioned in this thread that Carol is evil. But is she Evil? If you think so, come talk about it here.

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
carol, i was all set to come and post some nice FDK here... loved the line about "why was she suddenly feeling like she wanted to move to paris?" that just had me rotflol

loved jonathan's response to clark's flying off.

and she started remembering and figuring stuff out. that was cool. i was really liking this part.

and then i came and checked the FDK folder and saw something about her hitting her head. went back and looked closer at those last two lines... mad that's just evil.

well, we'll see what happens in part 5. maybe clark will catch her or it'll bring back more memories or something good will come of it...

guess that means you're going to have to post again soon. laugh

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
Columnist
Columnist
clap , so you know you did *something* right...

Melisma (throwing a party under her Rock in your honor)

Do, or do not. There is no try.
- Yoda
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Go, Jonathan! I know most people prefer Martha, but I really love Dad Kent. He's delightfully in character here and utterly fantastic! dance

Interesting that Lois could be open-minded enough with him, when if Clark had said the same things, she would have lashed out. Deter might have added some specifically anti-Clark things to his hypnosis, perhaps.

I must confess that the sudden trip and fall made absolutely no sense to me. Wasn't she holding Jonathan's arm at the time? Unless Clark decided to take a page out of Paul's book and use a two-by-four to "BONK!" rather than a beer bottle, I'm afraid it left me rolling my eyes rather than anxious. :rolleyes: But perhaps you'll make things clearer in the next installment. So why not post it as soon as possible? wink

Hazel

Lois: You know the deal.
Clark: Superman gets the guys in capes, Lois and Clark get the guys in suits.

-- Action Comics 827
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Carol

A wonderful part! thumbsup

Lois's introspection is excellent. I'm glad that she's beginning to remember. Her conversation with Jonathan is great. clap clap

I can't wait to read the next part.
Please post more soon.

Tricia cool

C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Thanks for all the comments guys!!!!!

I'm really glad you liked this section, it's one of my favorites too.

As for Jonathan having his arm around her shoulders and then Lois slipping on ice... well, if you've ever landed on your rear end in the winter, you know it doesn't always matter if someone has their arm around you or not.

I'll post the next part soon!

CM[who has gotten LOTS of schoolwork done already this week and hopes to get more done so she can play next week even though it's finals]

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard