Feedback here. I hope you like it. :p

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
#94383 04/10/13 04:13 AM
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
What a fun story.

I had suspected fairly early on that Clark had been a dog, but I had been confused by the "travelling *man*" reference. Of course, with confirmation of the transformation came the realization that even in a canine body, Clark was still thinking of himself as a human.

It's a no kill shelter, and they guarantee adoption, but they do neuter them all first."
That line was the icing on the cake.

Thanks for the smiles,
Lynn

#94384 04/10/13 05:23 AM
M
Columnist
Columnist
M
At the beginning I thought that Clark was wandering around with most of his memory missing post-Nightfall. I was thinking it was significant that Clark hadn't talked, but him being a dog hit me out of left field. I had to go re-read the beginning before I could finish it. Cute story.

"It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him." -Batman (in Superman/Batman #3 by Jeph Loeb)
#94385 04/10/13 10:07 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Another hit for April comedy! dance

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
#94386 04/10/13 11:34 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
clap Cute! laugh It seemed a bit in your face cockiness for Clark, but he'd been a dog for 2 years because of Lex, so I allowed him some leeway.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#94387 04/10/13 04:13 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
"They guarantee adoption, but they do neuter them all first."
+1 for the great line! laugh

Also, congrats for posting a dog story! That seems to be a theme here in April Comedy.

#94388 04/11/13 05:35 PM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Thanks everybody.

#94389 04/12/13 02:03 PM
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
I liked the start, although it took me awhile to realize that Clark was not just some bum.

At first, he starting hanging out near the front doors, but it was obvious folks didn't want someone like him around.
I still did not clue in that he was not just some bum. I think you want to say "Started".

So he went to one of the side doors and hoped she would show up there.
I was sure Lois was menat.

After a couple of days, she did indeed show up.
I think by now I was suspecting he might now be human, despite "traveling man" being said at the start.

Lois' eyes widened when she saw him. "Boy, aren't you a site for sore eyes. You're about the scruffiest thing I've seen."
At this point I decided he was a dog. I figured he was just a dog named Clark though. I had no noticed the "fuzzy memory" line at the start.

He followed her and sat right down in the front seat. Ah, yes, he was finally home. This was the woman he loved, and he hoped her love for him had grown in his absence.
Reading it a second time, this line makes perfect sense.

Lois had missed Clark badly when he had suddenly disappeared.
I should have realized what happened here. However I just figured that either a-she wass thinking about a dog in both places or b-the real Clark had gone, and this dog was also Clark. Maybe new Krypton took longer than expected.

He'd only been her partner for about a month, but, oh, what a month.
jawdrop He was removed from the picture quickly.

She had started falling for him
I just realized something. Is there no Superman in this universe? Is this a Superman free LnC story?

and absence had indeed made her heart grow fonder. She had to admit that she loved him.
This makes a lot of sense in a Superman-free universe.

Clark just grunted and looked at her like she'd grown a third eye.
You know, I am not sure why I assumed he was a dog, but that was definately my assumption all along. I guess cats don't do much begging, and no other animal would work either.

That was his name. What was wrong with the woman. When she looked at him expectantly, Clark just nodded. Why didn't she recognize him?
At first I was wondering if he realized he was a dog. However then I realized it was probably more that he did not realize he was not always a dog. Or as a dog the whole issue was too complexed for him to full grasp either way.

Clark was so excited, he thought he burst.
I thin you wanted to say "he'd" here.

"She what you can do with him. I'll be back to get him later."
I think you want Lois to open her statement with See.

She sat down on the sofa beside of him and ordered pizza.
I think just "beside him" works, no need for the of.

Clark was enthusiastic about both the pizza and Lois sitting beside of him.
Same here.

"Now, you just wait a darn minute..." But when she looked into those big eyes of his, she relented. "Well, okay, just one. She grabbed his cheeks and gave him a quick peck right on the mouth." That was when she screamed. She immediately thought of kissing a frog and getting a handsome prince. Only she'd kissed a dog.
Whispers, "I think you want to end the quote after one. The next sentance describes Lois's actions.

The rest of the story was fun too. I especially liked Lois sending Luthor to a shelter that would give him proper pre-adoption treatment.

John Pack Lambert
#94390 04/14/13 12:33 AM
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
He did know he was smarter than the average guy living on the street. He ate well and wasn't above begging for a good meal or a warm bed.
confused Post Nightfall?

Lois' eyes widened when she saw him. "Boy, aren't you a site for sore eyes. You're about the scruffiest thing I've seen." She motioned to him to come to her. Then she laughed, "Come with me!"
Huh.

"Now just you wait a minute, Buster. That hair is filthy. You'll get lots of attention when you look a little better."
Don’t remember where exactly but I started thinking dog around here somewhere.

Clark jumped off the couch and turned in circles. "Oh, my gosh. Oh, my gosh. What happened? What happened?"
Poor guy, trying to grab hold of his tail in front of the women he adores.

Lois grabbed the now dog Lex. "Come on Clark. Let's take him to the shelter. It's a no kill shelter, and they guarantee adoption, but they do neuter them all first."
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
#94391 04/14/13 04:50 AM
K
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
K
rotflol VERY cute!

KateB
#94392 04/21/13 08:34 PM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Thanks everybody.

First:
Note to Self - never post another story without a beta. Arggghhhh.... So many mistakes. I still find it amazing that a person sometimes doesn't see their own mistakes that they'd never miss in someone else's story. I think that comes from reading the story over and over (to try to find those very mistakes).

~~~~

Of course, with confirmation of the transformation came the realization that even in a canine body, Clark was still thinking of himself as a human.
Or as a dog the whole issue was too complexed for him to full grasp either way.
Clark was confused and wasn't quite sure what was going on.

~~~~

It seemed a bit in your face cockiness for Clark, but he'd been a dog for 2 years because of Lex, so I allowed him some leeway.
Yep, I wanted Lex to have no doubt that Clark knew what he had done and that he was no longer a dog.

~~~~~

I just realized something. Is there no Superman in this universe? Is this a Superman free LnC story?
Yes, it's Superman free. Maybe I'll do a little sequel about that.

~~~~~

Poor guy, trying to grab hold of his tail in front of the women he adores.
Hehe... "Left over" from being a dog.

~~~~~

#94393 03/09/14 12:16 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
I just read this on the archives, and it was hilarious! It took me a while to figure out that Clark was a dog.

I love the ending -- Lex turning into a dog and being sent to a shelter where the dogs are all neutered.

"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here.”

- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
#94394 03/11/14 04:29 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Thanks for sharing this funny story!! thumbsup

Clark: "So what are you saying? I should go crawling back on my hands and knees?"
Martha: "No, honey. Fly back. It's faster!!"
#94395 03/13/14 05:27 PM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Thank you very much!

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard