Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Well I will start with the easy point.

You know, it has been no small chore getting to know all of the family. There have been some other things which were harder to overcome than others.
I think you should just say "some things", the other seems unneccesary there, especially since you end the sentance with "others", it just flows better without it.

On the whole this was an interesting chapter. I have no clue where this story is going from here, but oh well.

John Pack Lambert
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi John,
Thanks for the FDK!

There is a hint as to the next couple of chapters in this post. evil

Strap on your seat belt - we are about to go around a curve. wildguy

kj
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi John:
I disagree because Lori is speaking in a relaxed home environment, not thinking of her English lessons. The total quote is:
Thinking about the last year, Lori started voicing her thoughts, “You know, it has been no small chore getting to know all of the family. There have been some other things which were harder to overcome than others. One was the memory of Lois’ aversion to firearms. That was a difficult integration. It was difficult because Lois, Loisette, Lulu and all the others, they are separate people and yet, they’re still me, just different aspects from different times. It’s hard to explain to someone that hasn’t been through it.”
Relaxed speech has a different cadence.
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Lois did not like firearms?

Confused! But waiting for the next chapter.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi Morgana,

Think of "The People Vs. Lois Lane". She was uncomfortable even holding a gun.

In "Resurrection" she knew how to handle it, but that was a different situation.

kj
Top Banana
Top Banana
KenJ,

The series seemed to be full of discontinuities like the firearms thing. At the end of "The Prankster" after kicking Griffin's ass she is handling Victor's gun like she knew how to use it, however many times once she/they relieve the bad guys of guns she just tosses it away like she does not like it. It probably comes from having all the different writers and directors the series had.

Mike

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Originally posted by KenJ:
Hi Morgana,

Think of "The People Vs. Lois Lane". She was uncomfortable even holding a gun.

In "Resurrection" she knew how to handle it, but that was a different situation.
In "The People Vs. Lois Lane" I thought the issue to her was the guy was having her point the gun at him, not whether or not Lois liked holding a gun at all.

John Pack Lambert
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Originally posted by Mike M:
KenJ,

The series seemed to be full of discontinuities like the firearms thing. At the end of "The Prankster" after kicking Griffin's ass she is handling Victor's gun like she knew how to use it, however many times once she/they relieve the bad guys of guns she just tosses it away like she does not like it. It probably comes from having all the different writers and directors the series had.

Mike
Mike,

The fundamental premis is that this is in fact NOT Lois Lane, but the next incarnation of Lois, Lorelei Lane. There are differences and they are explained in teh previous story.

I would suggest you go back and read the previous story - "Borrowed Time" which is available in the archives here.

That story will lead you up to this one, giving the necessary background.

kj
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi John,

It was supposed to be evident in PvLL that she was uncomfortable holding the gun because she was not holding it properly.

kj
Top Banana
Top Banana
Originally posted by KenJ:
Originally posted by Mike M:
[b] KenJ,

Mike
Mike,

The fundamental premis is that this is in fact NOT Lois Lane, but the next incarnation of Lois, Lorelei Lane. There are differences and they are explained in teh previous story.

I would suggest you go back and read the previous story - "Borrowed Time" which is available in the archives here.

That story will lead you up to this one, giving the necessary background. [/b]
Ken,

Sorry but I am just learning how to use the forums. My statement was in reference to your comment to Morgana referencing "People vs Lois Lane" and "Resurrection" which were part of the series and hence would have been Lois or one of her clones. If I had quoted your post it would have been more clear. I have not read your stories yet, I was just searching for "People vs Lois Lane" posts to see if anyone had written anything along that vein.

Hopefully now that I have found the quoting feature, I can avoid further confusion.

Mike

Jeremy Bentham

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
No worries Mike M! It takes time to get used to the boards. By the way, welcome to the community.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Thanks Morgana!

Mike

Jeremy Bentham

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Surprise! thumbsup

The only thing that confused me was at the beginning of this part. At the end of the last "prologue" we saw Lori take the name as "Lois" professionally. Then you talk about Lois and Clark becoming wealthy after they retired writing books, and I thought you were talking about Lori Lois Lane, not canon Lois. I hadn't remembered the years (dates) from the previous part, so at first I thought Lori and Clark were already retired, not taking a weekend at the farm dizzy Since it was 40 some odd years after you said they had retired and written become wealthy. Then I realized that couldn't be right, so I went back in double checked. Is there a way that you could designate the Lois you mention before the Title sequence as Clark's first wife Lois? Because "retire the first time" didn't clarify it enough for me, since it could also refer to this (time-traveled) Clark and Lori.

When I saw that Lori was teaching the children about archery (and because I'm also watching S6 of Smallville), I instantly thought of Green Arrow. laugh I began to wonder if Oliver Queen was going to end up being a descendant of Clark's in your story. That could be a fun tie-in to the Justice League.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Virginia!!!

Welcome to the party and thanks for the FDK! thumbsup

In the opening scenes of this story Lori and Clark have been married less than three years. Her body hasn't been changed sufficiently by the Kryptonian aura so that she has powers from the pendant nor is her physiology compatible for pregnancy yet. evil

kj

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard