Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#92756 01/12/13 10:52 PM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
I wasn't sure whether to post the translation of the final conversation here now, or leave it for a couple of days. Iolanthe thought you might enjoy some time to speculate, so I'll be back Tuesday/Wednesday and post the translation in this thread.

Thanks to everyone who's reading.

Corrina.

#92757 01/13/13 03:20 AM
R
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
R
Wow very powerful part. I could feel their emotions - it came off the page in waves.

I just caught up with this story and I am loving it. Of course I love all your stories.

Kathy
http://www.chili-everyway.com/

robinson
#92758 01/13/13 06:12 AM
K
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
K
Corrina, come back and translate now!! mad
Please, pretty please. grovel

KateB
#92759 01/13/13 06:21 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
mecry mecry

Whatever the translation is, hopefully the situation will spur Clark into action, and he will help Lois with Diddi.

When you repost on Tuesday (hopefully not Wednesday), will we be treated to the next chapter as well? PLEASE!!!!!!

Mel

~Mel~
#92760 01/13/13 07:59 AM
K
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
K
Ok ladies, if you want us to speculate.... I'm thinking, Diddi and Sylva had been attacked by some animal, and Lois was arguing with Matymbou about having her son here so she could take care of him. Her husband wants Gislane to look after Diddi, so Lois is arguing, that he has his own mother. Close?? huh

KateB
#92761 01/13/13 10:52 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Argh! What a way to leave us! I bet Clark is as frustrated as we are, not knowing what happened, but knowing something bad happened.

Did the accident occur the day before or that morning? Is what happened to Didi and Slvya why he insisted that they add two more days to the quantanteen? Is Matymbou blaming Clark for what happened to Didi? The Gods brought him here and he brought death to their village? That sort of thing. It would be just the thing that Clark would latch onto with his guilt.

Even though Lois is technically married to Matymbou, she hasn't been acting like a married woman with Clark. He's going to pick up on that and be reminded of Lana's betrayal, if Lois doesn't explain how her marriage to Matymbou came about.

I loved Lois's story about how Didi came into her life. How beautiful. hyper if it also includes a new part with it. laugh But if it is JUST a translation, please don't count it as a posting part, and not post next weekend. grovel

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#92762 01/13/13 11:30 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Okay, if we are speculating, I will offer some.

Something has happened to Diddi but it wasn't serious enough for Lois to have to treat him.

Yes, she is married to the chief, but in name only. He added her as a wife so that she would have his protection.
Maybe what really has her upset is not so much Diddi as the chief just gave her her freedom and has gone so far as to tell her she is now married to the white man since be obviously came ffom the same place.

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
#92763 01/13/13 12:35 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Diddi is alive an in good care, or else Lois would have burst through that gate and been at his side. She may not be exactly the Lois we know, but she's *a* Lois, and she's Diddi's mother. The only thing that might stop her is concern for everyone else's safety, but she knows there's no danger that warrants quarantine.

Right?

#92764 01/13/13 01:40 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Great... and very powerful.

We - and Clark - keep focusing on Lana's betrayal. However, we know that this general version of alt-Clark (ones that end up with a Lana who is herself a snake) have a number of self-doubt issues. We need to keep in mind that this is not a normal person who was betrayed. This is an emotionally damaged person with low-self-esteem issues who was betrayed by what he viewed as the only person that cared about him.

Clark's struggles are not just because of Lana's betrayal, they are really the result of all that came before that.

I saw this from Virginia:
Even though Lois is technically married to Matymbou, she hasn't been acting like a married woman with Clark. He's going to pick up on that and be reminded of Lana's betrayal,
shock WOW!!! I didn't even think of that. shock
Virginia, that is absolutely brilliant. Having Lois - a married woman - touch him in the way she did here, could trigger exactly that response.

If it did I think he'd be out of there immediately and looking for a way to die in the jungle. frown

Bob

#92765 01/13/13 05:48 PM
Merriwether
Merriwether
My interpretation is the same as Amy's, above. Of course Diddi is alive and being cared for properly because if he wasn't, no walls could hold Lois, consequences be damned. Matymbou is telling her that Diddi was injured, but being taken care of (by Azalie and Gislane?) and will be fine. Lois protests that Diddi needs his mother, and Matymbou tells her that she has to be reasonable and stay in quarantine. Lois doesn't take it well. wink

Close?

(Hee, it's amazing what we can get from context alone, isn't it? How fun!)

Another excellent chapter, Corrina. So glad to hear the details of how Lois got Diddi. And I'm glad to see that she reminds Clark of Martha; it's going to be that extra incentive he needs to let her in (eventually). I hope he's able to tell her about his own lost child at some point; he's so damaged, but I think once he's able to talk about it, he will find his healing will come easier. Of course, convincing him of that will be difficult.

And I really appreciate the point you're making about his indeed grieving for a child. It may not be his biological baby, but he'd already come to love it and was ready to take care of it. Taking that away from him was just another one of Lana's cruelties.

I also appreciate Clark's realization that he's so emotionally damaged right now that his anger and bitterness would impact Lois. Sure, we all know that he needs to spend more time with her, not less, but I'm not sure I agree that he has "no rational defense" for his fear of that. Foolish to satisfy his death wish out there alone, yes, but he actually makes a good point in all that angst. He is really screwed up right now, and it's fair to worry that anyone who gets close to him in this condition will suffer because of it.

So I'm going to go in a different direction than some of the other comments. Instead of Clark being angry that Lois is being kind to him while married to someone else, that might be exactly the kind of emotional protection he needs to stay. After all, one of the things that's troubling him right now is that staying will incorporate him into Lois's life. But if he thinks Lois already has a partner, that might take the pressure off him a bit -- all he has to do is get to know her as a friend and not feel like he's supposed to offer her anything beyond that. And since he feels he's incapable -- and unworthy -- of offering her anything beyond friendship, perhaps that would be the safety net he needs to stick around. smile

Kathy

#92766 01/13/13 07:35 PM
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
I was really sad that Clark was on the verge of leaving and had no clue how he would stay.

I think the concern over Diddi will cause him to stay at least a little longer.

I am hoping that Lois having a husband does not totally cause him to give up all hope for things. Oh wait, at some level he has no hope anyway. This will be interesting.

John Pack Lambert
#92767 01/14/13 12:12 AM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
T
R
A
N
S
L
A
T
I
O
N

"Lois?" A new voice - loud and deeply masculine - hacked between them.

"Matymbou!" Lois turned and sprinted to the gate. "Is Diddi hurt?"

Matymbou? The chief? What had happened to Diddi to bring the chief here? Clark took a few steps closer to Lois.

"He is fine." The male voice was calm. Raised in volume, but not in emotion.

"I want to speak to him," Lois said.

"No." The reply was cool and crisp with resolve. "You are in quarantine."

"Diddi is my son," she stated firmly.

"He is with Gislane," came the rebuttal.

"Please, Matymbou!" Her voice rose, driven by desperation. "There is no sickness."

"Everything will be fine, Lois." That sounded like at attempt at appeasement.

"Diddi needs his mother." Lois was in no mood to be mollified.

"I'll contact you tomorrow." Clark winced at the palpable finality in Matymbou's words.

"Matymbou!" There was a pause, and then Lois came through the gate, slamming it with such force the post vibrated. "Silly man!"

Corrina. laugh

#92768 01/14/13 05:55 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Well, we were all WAY off. laugh Will Clark think more along our lines, or along the truth? I'm thinking he'll be thinking more of what we assumed.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#92769 01/14/13 11:12 AM
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Well now that Diddi is alright I am really afraid Clark will up and leave soon.

John Pack Lambert
#92770 01/14/13 01:16 PM
S
SJH Offline
Features Writer
Features Writer
S
Me thinks Matymbou is perhaps playing matchmaker.

"I'm red-eyed, tired and drunk" Teri Hatcher
"Fun will now commence" 7of9
#92771 01/14/13 05:56 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Thanks Corrina, I actually tried to translate it on Google translate but had no luck! LOl

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
#92772 01/14/13 11:01 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Glad I'm posting after the translation is up. laugh

I just want Clark to stay, and I am not sure he will... I think the only way Lois would leave Didi is if she is ostracized from the tribe somehow, which is what I thought was happening with the untranslated dialogue. I at first thought perhaps something had happened to Didi, making her irrelevant to the tribe. But when she spoke at the end, I knew it couldn't be something as serious as that....

I also hope the marriage is in name only, as a sort of protection, but we'll see...

And I don't see a motivation for Lois to leave with Clark or even just follow him as of yet, which is actually a good thing -- it means you're doing a stellar job laying out the crumbs (we know they like each other and have connected) but not showing us what direction you are going in.

Can't wait for the next part!! hyper

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
#92773 01/15/13 01:06 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
After I had a hard time translating some words in the internet I found the translation here... Should have looked first. Duh! goofy

Although we have the translation, a vital part of the conversation is missing. So we can speculate, but we can't be sure what happened to Didi and what got Lois so furious.

She hadn't mentioned a husband. Although Romaric seemed prominent.
He's dying to know if she is married but doesn't want to ask it. laugh

She wanted him to stay.

He couldn't think about that. He couldn't let it soak into his psyche.

The choice wasn't his to make.

He had to go.
He is fighting a lost battle with himself. First he wanted to go, after some time he had to go, next he should go, would go until he won't go. wink So I hope.

Staying would mean assimilation. Staying would mean developing relationships with people. Staying would mean pretending he was someone he could never be.

Staying would mean being with Lois.

Getting to know her.

Being a part of her life.

Allowing her access to his life.

But he had to be alone.
His resolution is weakening. His mind tells him he has to be alone, but his subconscious is conjecturing what it would be like if he stayed. smile

I just hope Lois explains soon what her "marriage" means. grovel

How about two posts a week? Please? [Linked Image]

Andreia

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
#92774 01/16/13 06:39 PM
Merriwether
Merriwether
Virginia wrote:
Well, we were all WAY off.
Hey, speak for yourself! I think I was pretty darn close! goofy

Kathy

#92775 01/17/13 01:50 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Amen, Kathy!

And why would we want Clark and Lois to leave the Bengala anyway? As someone pointed out a while ago, Superman can operate from anywhere! Everybody's happy!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard