Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#9099 12/13/03 05:44 AM
KathyB Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Well, you knew the hot tub was coming ... just maybe not where you expected it to be? Clark has finally gotten up the courage to tell her ... hopefully it was worth the wait. smile

Kathy

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Well, Kathy, you're definitely a member in good standing of the Evil Author's Club -- what a spot for a cliffhanger! goofy

Lots of funny lines in here, and I like the discussion of their hypothetical honeymoon -- and that Lois is surprised how that makes her feel all warm and fuzzy...

I do love that part, though... they're so close and loving, and then Clark totally throws her for a loop... but hey, at least he got the words out! And good for her, for instantly catching the reference! goofy

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
G
Columnist
Columnist
G
Slowly, she reached up to pull off his glasses, then gasped as she studied his bare face. "Oh ... my ... God."
KATHY IS help

gerry

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Kathy,

Great hot tub scene -- and the chocolate strawberries--wow!

But what I loved most of all was the switch or play on the words 'ordinary man'.

Now that she *does* love the ordinary man, could she love the extra-ordinary part of him? Very nicely phrased and said by Clark in such a way that she should really understand what he wanted/needed and hopefully would get in a response from her.

Can't wait to see if she does or has to go through a manic phase before she finally arrives where she should be -- in his arms.

Barb.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. drool

Love the description of hot tub. hyper

More soon, please.

MAF hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Merriwether
Merriwether
*falls over* Now that's what I call a revelation. But how can you leave it there?! You evil evil woman. Come back here! razz

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Hmmmmm, lots of yucky stuff going on here, but no whams! Bummer.

Nice turn about revelation. Hopefully this will lead to some nasty wham.

You can post the ending earlier if you wish.

Tank (who wonders, if Pam is one of the beta readers for this story - did she just give away the ending? wink )

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Now that's what I call a revelation!

Eee, we need to speed up time so Monday will come soon! dizzy

JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
KathyB Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Thanks, everyone; I'm so glad you're enjoying the story. smile And I cannot even express how completely delighted I am by the reaction to the revelation!

Barb wrote,
But what I loved most of all was the switch or play on the words 'ordinary man'.

Now that she *does* love the ordinary man, could she love the extra-ordinary part of him? Very nicely phrased and said by Clark in such a way that she should really understand what he wanted/needed and hopefully would get in a response from her.
Thank you, Barb! And as Gerry now probably realizes, this is the line that she suggested that inspired the whole story. smile

I'll quote from her email to me from last December, after I'd asked Momentum readers for suggestions for a quick epilogue revelation:

... Clark might ask her if she'd go out with Superman if he asked her. She might in fun say yes because then she could tell her grandchildren that she once had had a date with Superman, but she didn't think that she
could take it seriously. She couldn't go skating with him or go to a movie. Clark might build up Superman in a playful way until Lois says something like,

"Clark, I can't believe that you're trying to encourage my crush on Superman."

"Well, now that I know that you love me, I need to know that you love all of me, and just not the ordinary man."

And the light dawns.
As you can see, the story got a lot more involved than a couple page epilogue (I can't believe I've topped out at over 180K for the gfic version, LOL!), but this was the line that had me sitting up straight in my chair, sputtering that I just *had* to write a story around it. So thanks, Gerry, for inspiring me so completely. smile

Isn't it amazing how an entire story can start with just one line? smile

Thanks for your comments everyone! And as for me being evil by leaving Lois's gasp as a cliffhanger ... I guess I better post the conclusion. smile

Kathy

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard