Next Thread
Print Thread
#9053 12/12/03 04:14 AM
BarbP Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Yvonne,

Wonderfully written!!! The "falling off the wagon" is a very real occurrence. And when it happens, it usually does with a vengeance -- which this one did! Sometimes the person slips deeper into a hell of his/her own making before being able to rise out toward sobriety/being clean.

Throw him a life line quickly!!! That life line can come from a therapist, a friend or from the inner reaches of his own soul.

Can't wait to see which way you take us -- I'm sure we're still in for a roller coaster ride.

(I'm really mixing metaphors)

But love your work!!!!

Great job!

Barb.

#9054 12/12/03 05:23 AM
Kerth
Kerth
Too bad Clark is worse!! frown

Stop torturing Clark and bring Lois!!! notworthy

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
#9055 12/12/03 08:21 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great piece. smile1

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
#9056 12/12/03 10:37 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
He swallowed it?!

Mayson= razz

And he was recovering! He was clean! Look what she made him do!

Okay. I'm with Jose. Bring Lois. wildguy

Julie

Mulder: Imagine if you could come back and take out five people who had caused you to suffer. Who would they be?
Scully: I only get five?
Mulder: I remembered your birthday this year, didn't I, Scully?

(The X-Files)
#9057 12/12/03 11:07 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
AHHHHH!!!! NOOOO!!!! Poor baby, now what! More soon. Laura

PS Great job

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
#9058 12/12/03 01:18 PM
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
I have to disagree with some of the gentle readers. As much as I love Lois Lanes, I can't see how her inclusion into this story would do anything but cheapen it.

This is a personal crisis for Clark. One that he has to find the inner strength and resolve to overcome. It won't work if he gets a 'magic bullet' cure in the form of Lois walking into his life.

I can see the Yvonee needed to push Clark down even farther into the depths.

Tank (who wonders if Yvonne plans to have Clark recover at all)

#9059 12/13/03 12:54 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Push, push, push... that's Mayson in any universe, isn't it, and it never works! You think she'd learn... :rolleyes:

Strange as it may seem to be in agreement with Tank confused , I too think that introducing Lois into this story would lessen its impact -- unless done really well, which is always possible with an author of Yvonne's calibre, but don't ask me how to do it. Nonetheless, Clark needs someone -- perhaps even Mayson, if she can just get past her own self-absorption.

I shall be interested to see where Yvonne takes this.

Phil

Ping! Ping!! Ping!!! -- Mother Box
She's such a chatterbox at times...
#9060 12/13/03 02:32 AM
G
Columnist
Columnist
G
Poor Clark. He's really hit bottom now, swallowing the kryptonite. Hope it doesn't do lasting damage.

Julie, I don't agree with you.
Mayson=
And he was recovering! He was clean! Look what she made him do!
Mayson didn't make Clark do anything. In the long (and short run), he, and only he, is responsible for his own actions. She just brought on the inevitable challenge that he wasn't ready to face.

I'm on Phil and Tank's side here. Lois herself can't be the cure. Clark has to cure himself, and only then, will he be ready to meet his Lois.

gerry

#9061 12/14/03 08:32 PM
Merriwether
Merriwether
I agree with gerry. Mayson didn't make him do it; and contrary to Clark's expectations, George could not have "saved" him (though he might have been able to help him save himself).

Clark is responsible for his own actions, and a big part of recovering from an addiction is admitting that.

I also agree that Lois cannot be the "cure." Even if she shows up before Clark has gotten himself stabilized, her presence will not relieve his dependence.

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard