Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
#919 05/06/03 05:33 PM
Features Writer
Features Writer
Re the addition of the few paragraphs: it was just how I could have pictured this conversation going. Of course Lois would know that Clark would never abandon her. And Clark expressing his concerns...

Kathy, I absolutely adored the story before, and now you've simply made it even better. Truly wonderful.

Kathy

"Our thoughts form the universe. They always matter." - Babylon 5
#920 05/06/03 06:58 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
well, i just read the whole thing (been catching up)... great story, kathy. have to say the title gave me a good idea what was happening before lois admitted to the pregnancy, but i wans't quite sure until she said it.

like annie, i also wasn't sure she wanted, rather than just accepted, the baby until the end. that was really beautiful.

i'm just glad that boy scout clark was properly prepared and packing an engagement ring. smile

still, i couldn't help thinking that silly lois should have known superman was invulnerable to shotguns. wink

i do like clark's elopement plan, though i expect there'll be some flak from sam and ellen, not to mention the fact that perry, jimmy, et al will probably be a little hurt. not sure that there's a better solution, given the situation.

i'm just glad to see them together and happy and starting off on a good solid foundation. and can i say again that it was a really beautiful ending? smile

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
#921 05/06/03 07:22 PM
Merriwether
Merriwether
Originally posted by HatMan:
i'm just glad that boy scout clark was properly prepared and packing an engagement ring. smile
LOL, Paul! Definitely! laugh

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun
#922 05/06/03 08:06 PM
Columnist
Columnist
Lovely story. And yeah, would love a sequel, too...

But then, I'm greedy, haven't you figured it out yet? smile

Melisma (melting back under her Rock to wait... well yeah, melting, literally; summer seems to have hit Seould with a vengeance, and I'm melting...melting...!)

Do, or do not. There is no try.
- Yoda
#923 05/06/03 10:03 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Like Rivka, I loved the parallels to the proposal on the show. Beautifully done! This one was *much* more satisfying. smile

You know, I read the first half of the fic thinking, "Nah, there would be a warning for Tank if she was pregnant..." So in a way, I was kinda surprised. laugh

Thanks for a nice one, Kathy!

Hazel

Lois: You know the deal.
Clark: Superman gets the guys in capes, Lois and Clark get the guys in suits.

-- Action Comics 827
#924 05/07/03 02:11 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Awww, this was wonderful! I can just imagine Lois's reaction, especially if it was just after Whine Whine Whine. laugh And as for Clark, I agree with Lois - I never thought he could be that devious! wink

Loriel (wondering if we'll get a sequel? smile1 )

"Inappropriate attachment" didn't begin to cover the depth of the feelings Vaughn had for Sydney Bristow.
~Ties That Bind by RJ Anderson~

I ramble at http://www.livejournal.com/~loriel_eris
#925 05/07/03 02:35 AM
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Kathy

WOW! Beautifully written! goofy

Thanks for sharing this excellent story. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Tricia cool

#926 05/07/03 03:14 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Kathy!

This was wonderful!

The writing was excellent. I could really picture the heat and the rain, and the way it reflected their moods.

Brilliant!

Thank you smile

Helga

Knowledge is knowing that tomatoes are a fruit.

Intelligence is not putting them in a fruit salad.
#927 05/07/03 04:09 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Kathy it was so nice to see another story written by you on these boards. It was lovely too. Great job. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
#928 05/07/03 08:57 AM
Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
Good story, Kathy. Poor Clark and poor Lois. They're good at miscommunication.

Nan

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
#929 05/07/03 10:44 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
What? No A plot? wink

But then, I guess that's the point. They finally find time alone to have a meaningful and life changing conversation, and that is what the story is about.

As everyone said, it was beautifully written. I have to say that I guessed very early on that Lois was pregnant, and I was thinking "Just tell him already!" It's not so much that the pregnancy is obvious at the outset of the story; it's more that I had faith that you'd be going for a happy ending, and that was the only way I could see you achieving it given the mood at the start of the story.

My favourite line?
"So you're saying I'm hotter than a Kansas heat wave, huh? Hmm, I like it."
And, yes, Clark is wonderfully devious, here. Just which teacher could he be referring to, I wonder?

Kudos, Kathy. You've obviously made a lot of people very happy! notworthy

Chris

#930 05/07/03 10:54 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Awww, Kathy! That was just wonderful!!!! I read it last night as soon as you posted, but couldn't get back on to comment - and I'm glad I waited cuz now I got to see the additions too. smile

I really liked the bit of conversation that you added, it added to the atmosphere and Lois' fears really well. I could see it as a very logical fear for her, given her history, that she would be afraid that Clark would only want to marry her and stay with out of obligation. But she should know our boy better!!! :rolleyes:

I caught on to the pregnancy pretty much right away, I've just seen enough pregnant women and their different reactions to the news to spot one a mile away. Her attitude and reactions at the beginning were very well written, and she had poor Clark such a sad, little wreck.
Clark swallowed the lump growing in his throat. He loved her so much it almost hurt, and the thought of losing her now was hard to even contemplate. He'd finally gotten everything he'd ever wanted out of life, but he was no longer sure Lois felt the same way.
AWWWWW, my poor baby!!! smile1 Exactly what I was thinking, Paul!!!

All of the dialogue was great!!! Come to think of it, EVERYTHING was great!!! So, I should stop pointing out what I liked or I'll just end up quoting the whole story in here. But I've gotta say that the end was just perfect - a great resolution to Clark's and the readers' worries about how Lois really was feeling about the baby!
She met his gaze, her eyes damp as well. "How could I not?" she whispered back. "It's part of you."
goofy

Beaker: Special Talents: Scientific assistant, Victim
Last Book Read: "1001 Meeps to a Bigger Vocabulary"
Quote: "Meep! Meep! Meep!"
Never Leaves Home Without: Medical Coverage
#931 05/07/03 11:00 AM
Columnist
Columnist
By the time we got to 'I'm pregnant' part, I'd figured out exactly what she was going to say. Although, I must say the ride to the end was nice. thumbsup Great work! Wendy mentioned another fic. Don't you know there's a rule against harboring fics??!!!! laugh Post more, post often! wink

#932 05/07/03 01:41 PM
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Okay, I'll admit that I read this. I'll give anything Kathy writes a try because she is one of the best. But I also have to admit that once I guessed the pregnancy part the story lost some of it's lustre.

The emotions were well handled and it was a classic 'lets have Lois and Clark get all traumatized because they are both thinking like lunkheads again' story. But...

I hate the idea of Lois being pregnant. I'm surprized you didn't bring out the idea that a child, while not only complicating Lois and Clark's lives at such an early stage of their relationship, but could and would have a major deletrious effect on her career. A career she is supposed to love greatly.

Great writing, bad idea.

Tank the Retired (who honestly believes that even though Teri is supposidly thrilled to have a child, it can't be denied that it severly crippled her career)

#933 05/08/03 06:16 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I just wanted to say this is an absolutely wonderful story! You are aweseome! notworthy

I've already read & re-read it a few times!!! Do we get a sequel?!?!?!?! Pretty Please....

#934 05/10/03 01:50 AM
N
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
N
Aw, Kathy, that was just lovely. After the week, it was almost buried down in the posts. confused But I'm glad I unearthed it to enjoy what everyone else has been enjoying.

Very sweet.

Best,
Sherry

Visit www.marykay.com/sfmurphy for wonderful cosmetic products and an opportunity to enrich the lives of women.
#935 05/10/03 03:17 AM
C
Kerth
Kerth
C
I liked this story because it showed Clark's insecurities when it came to his relationship with Lois. I can understand why Lois was being distant and a little withdrawn from Clark, but I really don't understand the whole reason why she would trust him enough to start sleeping with im yet the moment she discovers that she is pregnant she turns her back on him. It is very touching though and I throughly enjoyed it. It moved me, which is a very hard thing to do! Great job! smile1 thumbsup

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched they must be felt with the heart

Helen Keller
#936 05/10/03 04:36 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
I've been playing catch up today and finally reached this story. Kathy, how sweet and wonderful and waffy!

I can't really say more than the others. It's just very brilliant! And I do hope for a sequel, but get those other stories of yours out here first. wink

Saskia

I tawt I taw a puddy cat!
#937 05/10/03 08:10 AM
Columnist
Columnist
Ack! I haven't commented yet! Sorry, Kathy.

Tank, just one thing to say - razz (Kathy, ignore that; it's definitely not meant for this sweet story.)

I enjoyed this, had no clue about the pregnancy, and did I hear right? You're hiding a fic from us?

Bad Kathy! Go post more now!

Irene wink

I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.
#938 05/10/03 04:39 PM
Merriwether
Merriwether
Wow, I am absolutely astounded by the level of feedback on this story -- two pages?? Almost 40 posts?? You guys really know how to make me feel good! smile1

I'm so glad that you liked it. I actually started the story last fall and had it sitting at 80% done for months until I finally got inspired to finish it up. And based on this response, I'm certainly glad I did!

I'm especially pleased at how many of you mentioned the descriptions of the weather, and how it drew you more deeply into the story. Knowing it made you feel as if you were experiencing the same thing is a really compliment to a writer. Thank you so much for saying so. smile

One question that I did want to respond to ...

Crazy Babe commented:

I can understand why Lois was being distant and a little withdrawn from Clark, but I really don't understand the whole reason why she would trust him enough to start sleeping with im yet the moment she discovers that she is pregnant she turns her back on him.
I don't think Lois turned her back on him as much as she panicked and her defenses shot back up. As she explains to Clark on the porch, it wasn't so much that she was afraid that he would abandon her, but that he would assume she'd trapped him and would come to resent her. At first, she was in denial (both natural and out of necessity), but as they came to Smallville, her fears were starting to take over and she just didn't know how to tell him, out of fear she'd ruin everything. I actually see a lot of parallels to many of the revelation stories where Clark delays telling Lois because he thinks she'll leave him, and I tried to bring that out just a little in their conversations.

Oh, and also keep in mind that she is in the early stages of pregnancy, coupled with the stress of working super-long days and getting a huge shock. Between her hormones and the extreme exhaustion she must have been feeling -- both physical and mental -- I hope you don't judge her too harshly. smile

This cries out for a sequel! The Kents have to be told, Perry has to be told... <g>

So when's the sequel?

... this screams for a sequel.

(among others!)
Wow, I can't believe how many people asked about a sequel. I almost hate to tell you that I have no plans to write one ... sorry!

I truly hope it doesn't "scream for a sequel", though ... I really thought I had wrapped everything up for them. I guess I'll just have to hope you were all asking out of desire to spend more time with the characters and not because you felt the story itself didn't having a satisfying ending. smile

I'm hoping to see a certain other fic here before too long...

Now how bout that other story you're working on...hmmm?

and did I hear right? You're hiding a fic from us? Bad Kathy! Go post more now!
LOL! Hey, we need to finish it first! <g>

What Wendy was so subtley (NOT! wink ) refering to is a little joint effort on the part of AnnieM and myself. We got a little sidetracked this week due to our finishing up our respective stories (this one for me, PtW for her) but we're back working on it now and hopefully will have something to post before *too* much longer. smile

Oh, yes, and I can't close without saying ...

All of the dialogue was great!!! Come to think of it, EVERYTHING was great!!! So, I should stop pointing out what I liked or I'll just end up quoting the whole story in here. But I've gotta say that the end was just perfect - a great resolution to Clark's and the readers' worries about how Lois really was feeling about the baby!
That Jill is officially my new best friend. goofy

Thanks, again, everyone! I'm so glad you enjoyed it! And thank you so much for the amazing feedback. smile

Kathy

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard