Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Giving you all a chapter today because I'm in a really great mood.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yay!

"But every time I've tried, the words haven't sounded right to me. Or we've been sucked into thwarting some psychopath's evil plot to destroy Metropolis and/or the world."
Sadly enough, the latter is a weekly occurrence in the lives of L&C. laugh

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Good chapter. I am glad he came clean and Lois is still talking to him.

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by IolantheAlias:
Yay!

"But every time I've tried, the words haven't sounded right to me. Or we've been sucked into thwarting some psychopath's evil plot to destroy Metropolis and/or the world."
Sadly enough, the latter is a weekly occurrence in the lives of L&C. laugh
Thanks, Io! Yeah, too true. Only, sometimes it feels more like a *daily* occurance, huh? laugh

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Laurach:
Good chapter. I am glad he came clean and Lois is still talking to him.
Thanks, Laura! Yup, at least Lois is willing to listen. And realizing that she's not 100% innocent of wrongdoing.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Columnist
Columnist
Yaaay! New chapter!

I'm glad Lois is being understanding. Clark really has been through a lot, and you addressed it wonderfully!

Loveeeeee! can't wait for more!

.talk nerdy to me.
Kerth
Kerth
Good chapter, once again! I thought Lois' reaction was perfect. She was in the right place emotionally to handle it (she knew she wanted Clark, at least to try dating him) but it was still a little bit too soon to have her find out (making her slightly more angry, IMO, than in the canon reveal). Glad Clark has finally confided in her, though. Particularly about Luthor. I get the feeling that we won't be leaving that issue anytime soon... Unless you decide to post everything really quickly and then we'll get the answer really soon!! <<hint, hint>> Then again, then there wouldn't be anymore parts, so the ball's in your court. Although I would appreciate an update sooner rather than later... smile1

Again, good job!

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by MrsLuthor:
Yaaay! New chapter!

I'm glad Lois is being understanding. Clark really has been through a lot, and you addressed it wonderfully!

Loveeeeee! can't wait for more!
Thank you, MrsLuthor! I definitely wanted mad Lois, but also that she would understand, so they could team up to try and find who did such an evil thing. Glad you enjoyed it. More sometime this weekend.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Mouserocks:
Good chapter, once again! I thought Lois' reaction was perfect. She was in the right place emotionally to handle it (she knew she wanted Clark, at least to try dating him) but it was still a little bit too soon to have her find out (making her slightly more angry, IMO, than in the canon reveal). Glad Clark has finally confided in her, though. Particularly about Luthor. I get the feeling that we won't be leaving that issue anytime soon... Unless you decide to post everything really quickly and then we'll get the answer really soon!! <<hint, hint>> Then again, then there wouldn't be anymore parts, so the ball's in your court. Although I would appreciate an update sooner rather than later... smile1

Again, good job!
Hi, Mouse! wave Nope, they won't be leaving the subject anytime soon. They want to know who tried killng him. And when Lane and Kent are on the trail, anything is possible.

Not having Lois with Lex opened the door for her to know she wanted Clark. And I did want to go for slightly more angry than canon Lois, at least, at first, because she's been through the emotional wringer that night - seeing him almost die and being confronted with the knowledge that it was almost her best friend who died, not to mention that he's been keeping secrets.

I'll update sometime on the weekend. I'm also hoping to start posting my next one sometime in September. I only have a handful of chapters back from AntiK at the moment, and want to hold off as long as I can to ensure I don't wind up with no beta'd work and longer update periods. laugh

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
thumbsup

Will comment more tomorrow after canning. Currently too brain dead to be too funny.

EDIT: Or brain dead to be grammatically correct: That should read: to be funny. :rolleyes:

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
Wonderful chapter again, DC ! I love Lois'reaction and Clark's sincerity about his life.

Too bad I have to wait a long time before reading the next part: I'm leaving tomorrow morning for ten days...

wave

Sydney

Non ! non, c’est bien plus beau lorsque c’est inutile !
(Edmond Rostand)
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Vicki,

I love the direction you are taking this and can't wait for them to dig in to Lex.

Terrific story. Nice rescue on Lois' part. Nice reveal.

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
Superman is just...the physical manifestation of what I can do. An avatar of my powers, if you will.
I think that's the best description I've ever heard!

"Not completely," Clark quipped. "I am wearing this stylish towel."

Lois didn't laugh. She didn't smile. She didn't look amused in any way. Instead, she stood, grabbed her keys from the table by the door, and reached for the doorknob.
Ouch.

"Lois...Lois, please. Please, don't leave me. Not like this. Not with all this unresolved tension. Please, give me a chance to explain."
Tension? Probably not the word I would use if I wanted to stay on her good side.

Looking forward to seeing where this will go.

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by VirginiaR:
thumbsup

Will comment more tomorrow after canning. Currently too brain dead to be too funny.

EDIT: Or brain dead to be grammatically correct: That should read: to be funny. :rolleyes:
wave

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Sydney:
Wonderful chapter again, DC ! I love Lois'reaction and Clark's sincerity about his life.

Too bad I have to wait a long time before reading the next part: I'm leaving tomorrow morning for ten days...

wave
Thanks, Sydney! Have fun, wherever you are going!

Glad you liked this little installment. smile

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by KenJ:
Vicki,

I love the direction you are taking this and can't wait for them to dig in to Lex.

Terrific story. Nice rescue on Lois' part. Nice reveal.
Thank you, Ken. I had a lot of fun with the reveal, to be perfectly honest. laugh

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi, Christina! wave

I think that's the best description I've ever heard!
blush Thank you!

Tension? Probably not the word I would use if I wanted to stay on her good side.
Yeah. Poor Clark is suffering from a little "foot-in-mouth" syndrome. laugh

Glad you are enjoying it! More soon!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
He hated that she'd done so, and hated the fact that his own exhaustion had led to such a discovery.
[Linked Image] he isn’t helping his case there at all…

Not because he didn't want her to know; he'd been toying for a while with telling her the whole truth about himself.
Oh.

Somehow, he imagined that if Lois ever discovered his secret, that it would be a slap in the face to her, that fact that he hadn't told her himself.
Meh, can go either way. Just don’t let timetravelers from the future tell her. That just ticks her off.

"That's ridiculous!" Lois said, crossing her arms. "Clark is a person, just like me."
No, Clark’s supposedly a male, while we can all agree that Lois is a female of a different species.

"So...I, uh...how much trouble am I in?" Clark asked in a quiet, trembling voice, unable to meet Lois' gaze.
a) Didn’t bring coffee
b) Snuck byline without her
c) Snuck *her* byline
d) Talked with Linda King
e) Had sexual relations with Linda King
f) Had sexual relations with Linda King while dating Lois
g) Used his byline on the story she’s written

. He was, however, painfully aware of Lois' eyes, boring a hole through his skin straight into his soul, and turning his hopes and dreams for their future together to ashes.
Maybe he *should* have gotten her pregnant first.

All he could do was to answer whatever questions she might have; fully, honestly, completely.
*) Do you sleep naked?
*) Do you ever dream of me?
*) What are we doing in those dreams?

He was totally exposed, both literally and figuratively.
/whispers/ He still got a towel.

"I can't...I can't picture you as Clark right now. Not knowing that your blue suit is in my washing machine and you're sitting there, completely naked in front of me."
And here I thought being naked would *help* him expose his Clark to her?

Lois didn't laugh. She didn't smile.
hyper

"So...I guess...the next question is...what exactly happened tonight? Why did the rocket go rogue? How?"
Uuuummm… do we *really* want to go there? Can’t we just leave it as one of life’s unexplained mysteries? Like where socks go?

"You think someone put the lives of hundreds, maybe thousands, in jeopardy just to get at you?"
Don’t overdramatize, Lois. A dozen, tops. Some more injuries, maybe. If things turn out really bad. Or is she referring to those in general danger of being among those getting injured?

Clark nodded slowly. "I have an idea. But you're going to think I'm crazy."
Santa Claus!

and we do objectively know that sabotage was involved with that bomb that got planted.
That’s unfair. It *could* have been part of the original design. Someone just didn’t know he wasn’t supposed to put it there in the first place. These things happen. He might have been a demolition expert before joining the space program.

My guess is that no price tag would be too high for Luthor to pay for something that could potentially kill Superman."

"Okay, I have to ask. Do you always talk like this?"

"Like what?"
The melodrama?

"Like Superman is some sort of other person?"
Or that.

He shook his head. "Not yet. But believe me, nothing would please me more than to take him down when I do find it."
Oh boy. So no nookie on the dark side for the remaining three parts?

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
he isn’t helping his case there at all…
But...

Oh.
Yeah, that.

Meh, can go either way. Just don’t let timetravelers from the future tell her. That just ticks her off.
I think it was more the galatically stupid comment. wink

No, Clark’s supposedly a male, while we can all agree that Lois is a female of a different species.
laugh

She did not admit to a mistake or being wrong. She only conceded the possibility that he might have been right.
Same difference to him...world of difference to her?

Uuuummm… do we *really* want to go there? Can’t we just leave it as one of life’s unexplained mysteries? Like where socks go?
I saw something online a couple weeks back. "I've come to the conclusion that dryer lint is the cremated remains of missing socks."

Don’t overdramatize, Lois. A dozen, tops. Some more injuries, maybe. If things turn out really bad. Or is she referring to those in general danger of being among those getting injured?
The second one.

Santa Claus!
Riding a unicorn!

That’s unfair. It *could* have been part of the original design. Someone just didn’t know he wasn’t supposed to put it there in the first place. These things happen. He might have been a demolition expert before joining the space program.
I could buy that if the Mythbusters had been around in 1993. wink

Oh boy. So no nookie on the dark side for the remaining three parts?
No nookie. But I do think you'll be pleased on how it ends regardless. laugh

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I'm back. Pie's baked, 12 jars of peaches canned, 10 jars of jam, 2 jars of syrup, <<rubs my hands together>> ready to be silly (and not move for hours!)

Yea! You had a good day! Congratulations! drool [Linked Image] [Linked Image] <coming to> What? What were we talking about again? Who are you?

CLARK: <hold out his hand> Hi, I'm Clark. I'm an alien from the planet Krypton. I'm super strong and I fly around in a skintight blue suit with a red cape under the name of Superman, and I'm in love with you. Everything I just told you is a secret and you can't tell anyone.

LOIS: Nice to meet you, Clark. What are you doing in my apartment in a towel?

CLARK: That's a long story...

<<I hope I didn't use up my smilie limit on that one little joke>>

But the usual, gleeful, look of triumph Lois usually bore after scoring a point in an argument did not appear.
Mayday! Mayday! S.O.S. Red Flag Warning!

"So...I, uh...how much trouble am I in?" Clark asked in a quiet, trembling voice, unable to meet Lois' gaze.
[Linked Image]

He was, however, painfully aware of Lois' eyes, boring a hole through his skin straight into his soul, and turning his hopes and dreams for their future together to ashes.
Poetic in a cry-my-eyes-out sort of way.

He knew there was nothing he could do about it. He couldn't force Lois to accept him, accept the things he'd done and the lies he'd told. He couldn't force her anger to abate any more quickly than it naturally would.
Force? Force Lois to do anything? No, I don't see that happening. At least he realizes this.

He was totally exposed, both literally and figuratively. All disguises had been stripped away. There was no pair of glasses to hide behind. No cape to conceal him.
A-ha! I know understand the need for the shower and towel.

Besides the obvious drool factor, that is.

"Ugh! I can't do this right now."
CLARK: <glances at clock> So, do you want to set up an appointment to crush my heart to smithereens? 'Cause I'm okay with you not doing it now too.

"This," Lois said, gesturing vaguely at him. "I don't even know who I'm taking to right now."
Poor Lois. She finally sees Clark in 3D and it's giving her motion sickness.

"I can't...I can't picture you as Clark right now. Not knowing that your blue suit is in my washing machine and you're sitting there, completely naked in front of me."
Yes, that would make it difficult to concentrate.

<<sound of crickets>>

Lois didn't laugh. She didn't smile. She didn't look amused in any way. Instead, she stood, grabbed her keys from the table by the door, and reached for the doorknob.
Wow! His joke really *did* bomb.

Uh, Lois, you *live* there. Where are *you* going?

"Out?" he echoed. "Lois...Lois, please. Please, don't leave me. Not like this. Not with all this unresolved tension. Please, give me a chance to explain." He knew he was begging her, but he was unashamed of that fact. Had he had the strength and the courage, he would have gotten on his knees before her to plead for her forgiveness.
Awwwww.

"Oh relax, Clark...Superman...whoever you are. I'm just going down to my car."
laugh

He'd forgotten all about the bag. Since he and Lois never knew when or where a stakeout might occur, they both kept a gym bag in her trunk, filled with a couple of changes of clothes.
[Linked Image] Duh! Smart thinking Lois. I noticed you didn't remember this while Superman was naked in your apartment. But as soon as he became Clark...

The only thing he didn't have was an extra pair of his glasses. He'd never thought he'd need them in his bag.
Not even after ASU?

Ranting Lois he could handle. Screaming Lois he could soothe. A Lois who threw things at his head he did not fear. But a silent Lois? That chilled him down to his very bones.
Yeah, she's scary.

"Lois," he tried after a moment.
Clark caved first!

Like the great and powerful Oz, he's just an illusion. The only real person is the man behind the curtain...Clark Kent, adopted son of Jonathan and Martha Kent, the last surviving inhabitant of a now extinct planet. Can't you understand that?"
Love the analogy!

Clark felt a small ember of anger and hurt rise in him. He normally had seemingly endless amounts of patience, but after everything that had happened in just a few short hours, he was tired, achy, and slightly irritable that Lois wasn't giving him the chance to explain things.
Or even the benefit of the doubt.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard