Page 1 of 2 1 2
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Annnnnd here's where "Discovery" starts to kick in... laugh

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Columnist
Columnist
BUSTED!!!

You're in trouuu-bleeee!

.talk nerdy to me.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by MrsLuthor:
BUSTED!!!

You're in trouuu-bleeee!
<watches Lois do a song and dance>

Clark is in trouble! Clark is in trouble! laugh

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
Lois is the best ! wave

Sydney

Non ! non, c’est bien plus beau lorsque c’est inutile !
(Edmond Rostand)
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Weeeeeeee!

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Columnist
Columnist
Originally posted by Deadly Chakram:
[b] BUSTED!!!

You're in trouuu-bleeee!

Clark is in trouble! Clark is in trouble! laugh [/b]
Payback for the Season's Greedings dance he did? lol

.talk nerdy to me.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi DC,

Wonderful story.

Clark should have known. Give Lois the slightest clue and her super power, her intuitive powers will do the rest. hyper

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
hyper Better her than Lex, is all I have to say.

Okay, it isn't. I have more. laugh Be warned, I'm a bit corny today.

He continued to freefall, then crashed into the once serene lake with a violent splash.
<<gulp>> let's hope he has enough invulnerability left to survive that belly flop.

If he was hurt, she would never forgive herself, she knew.
Aaaawwww. I'm thinking she *likes* Clark.

And so it was, in looking for Clark, that she alone witnessed Superman fall from the sky. Concerned for the hero, she ran back towards the lake.
Yeah, someone spotted him!

After all, he was as much her friend as Clark was.
Superman was as much a friend to Lois as Clark was? Or Superman was as much her friend as Superman was Clark's friend?

The cold temperature was a shock to her body and she gasped against it.
Guess summer has gone bye-bye already.

Superman was of no help; a dead weight in her arms.
Why lifeguards save as many people trying to help drowning victims as the victims themselves.

As before, it was a struggle to gain every inch forward. But Lois was undaunted. The hardest part was over, in her mind. She'd managed to rescue her friend from a watery grave at the bottom of the lake. She swan on, slowly but surely getting closer to the green springy grass of the park.
Wow, I didn't know how strong Lois was. Dragging Superman from the bottom of the lake, with his dense cell structure. clap

He'd thought she'd finally given up on her fantasy of dating the larger than life hero. But now, it seemed, he'd been wrong.
Um... because Lois went to save him, he thinks she likes Superman as much as she does Clark?

"Is there someplace I can take you?" Lois asked.
Drop me off at Clark's, would you? We share his apartment. I sleep in the loft, him on the bed, so I have a change of clothes there and will be able to find something edible. I'll be sure to have him call you when he gets in.

Lois took his non-answer in stride. "My place, then."

"Lois...I can't."
But... but... but... I'll be NAKED!

"Nonsense. I'm not leaving you alone until you're well again. Now, what can I do, really? I'm here for you, whatever you need."
[Linked Image] Whatever? [Linked Image] Oh, wait. Gfic. Nevermind.

"A shower might help too, if it's not too much trouble."

"It's not," Lois said, shaking her head and speeding up to avoid getting stuck at a red light.
Lois's inner thoughts: The sooner I get Superman to my place, the sooner he can get naked and shower and start to feel... oh, God! Superman will be naked in my apartment! Red lights be damned!

He wondered idly if he had burn marks on his skin where the Kryptonite was searing against his flesh.
So, were there? You never mentioned. Or do we need to wait to see Clark's physical markings from the K later?

"Sorry it's so pink."

"It's fine."
No, Superman, the line is "I like pink."

"Drop your suit outside the door. I can run it through the washing machine. Maybe I can help get some of...whatever is hurting you...off."
Why do I have this strange feeling that he's just going to get rid of *that* suit and call it a total loss. No point in putting back on a suit that my zap his powers at any moment.

That brought up another problem. He had absolutely nothing else to wear once he emerged from the shower.
Problem? I don't see a problem. angel-devil

As quickly as he could, he peeled off the still wet suit, boots, socks, even his boxers.
That's leads to an interesting debate. We know that Clark wears briefs (per UW episode). Would he really wear boxers under the suit? (I personally would think they'd leave more evidence under such a skintight suit.) Would he really wear briefs under the suit? (I mean he already does have those shorts on the outside.) I'm going to go with "nope." But then, where are his Clark clothes, when Superman gets naked?

Ooops. I went over my smilie limit.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
He felt even better after dropping the items outside the door and having an actual barrier between his body and the tiny grains of green stone.
That's because last year after learning that a super hero was flying around Metropolis who had a crush on her and could look through anything except lead, Lois decided to invest in a lead-lined bathroom door.

On a totally related subject, I was reading one of the new Superman comics at store today and Clark pulls open his shirt to reveal a Superman t-shirt. As soon as it hits the air it formed his super suit. My kids started getting antsy at that point, so I didn't get to read more, but I thought that was an interesting development on the costume change.

And as the water swirled down the drain, it carried the toxic stone far, far away from him.
thumbsup <<please note sarcasm>>

The phone was pressed to her head. He could hear the fingers of her free hand drumming restlessly on the arm of the couch.

"Come on, come on. Pick up, Clark. Pick up. Where are you?"
See, Supes, you should have had her drop you off at Clark's. I mean, Hello?! The man does your laundry. Of course, he has extra suits lying about.

"Clark. It's me. Where are you? Are you all right? Listen...call me when you get this message. I don't care what time it is. Okay?"
Awwwww. Lois likes Clark! And you were so worried, Superman, that she actually preferred you!

"I wish I had something to offer you in the meantime," Lois said. "To wear, I mean. Is there anywhere I can go? Get you a fresh suit, perhaps?"
What? Not even going to offer you the use of your schlumpy robe?

"Well, it shouldn't be too much longer. I'll put it in the dryer for you too."
I still don't recommend him putting it on. Who knows if all the K went down the drain? What if some it got gathered up with the suit when it went into the dryer and melted against the fiber of the suit. [Linked Image] No, it's much better if he leaves it off.

He's not the type of guy to run off and leave his friends in harm's way. And now, I can't get him on the phone. He hasn't stopped by. I'm really worried about him."
Awwwwww. [Linked Image] He's right next to you.

Clark realized with a start that he'd neglected to slick down his hair after getting out of the shower.
Wouldn't his hair naturally be slicked down due to the water?

"No, no," Lois quickly said. "It's just that...you look..."

Clark raised his eyebrows. "I think we've established that," he teased, unable to help himself. He gave her a lopsided smile, hoping to clear the air of some of the awkwardness that was threatening to settle like a thick blanket.
/psst. Superman, you're letting your inner Clark show./

"Unless?" Clark asked, gulping hard and trying to hide it.
Not helping there, buddy.

That had been a very un-Superman-like thing to do. In fact, it was all too familiar a habit for Clark Kent.
That and the towel clad body, and the smart-alecky remark.

"Answer me something," Lois said, her eyes narrowing slightly. "And answer me truthfully."

Clark moved around the couch and sat in one of the armchairs. He leaned forward a bit, resting his elbows on his thighs. "Okay. You have my word."
THAT should have been a red flag. If Lois still thought this was Superman, she would have never told him to tell her "truthfully", because she knew he would.

"I...uh.." Clark stammered, racking his brain for a plausible excuse. He wasn't sure if she'd put the pieces together, and he wasn't in a rush to give her that final piece if he could avoid doing so.
Because... uh... this is... his monthly visit from Concubines-R-Us and honestly, Lois, you really don't want to see that.

"Is it because you know that I won't find him there?"
Sure, he will be. Just take me along with you and I guarantee you he'll be there!

"Intuition?" he tried, in a feeble attempt to keep his secret intact and knowing that he was failing miserably.
Oh, give up, Clark! You've already lost.

"Or because maybe you are Clark?"
Maybe, possibly, there is a slight chance that Clark wasn't born exactly in Kansas, yes.

I agree with the others, not only is he in trouble, he's naked and in trouble with Lois in possession of his clothes. clap This is great! I didn't expect such a discovery so early. Can't wait to see what you have in store between this two. clap

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I think you're setting a new record for cliffhanger endings. Let's see... there was one in chapter one and another in chapter two. OK, no record so far, but you're working on ending every chapter with a line that MAKES ME WANT MORE SOON! laugh

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
He managed to thread water for a couple of seconds, then sank, his dense molecular mass pulling him beneath the dark water swiftly as he blacked out.
He’s just like a Hobbit!

And so it was, in looking for Clark, that she alone witnessed Superman fall from the sky.
Oh dear.

Then, steeling herself, she ducked beneath the surface, swimming to where she had last seen Superman.
Let’s hope she won’t sink, too.

Then sideways she groped, until at last she had her hands hooked under his armpits.
Oh boy oh boy

His lungs were probably filled with water.
What if that water contains Kryptonite? Will this be like the Krytponite lipstick?

She pulled herself out of the cold water, then dragged Superman to shore.
Does Lex have someone watching?

"Lois?" Clark asked weakly, his head feeling like the entire weight of the planet was resting on his temples.
Looks like he doesn’t have too much brain damage. Unless ‘Lois’ is the only thing he remembers. Will he go ‘Lois Lois Lois’ in the future? /hopes they won’t start calling him ‘Lois’, that would be confusing/

"I'll explain later. Hurry, please. I can't let anyone see me this way."
Hush. You still have your suit on.

Clark leaned against the vehicle, his every breath like flaming glass in his lungs. He didn't think he'd inhaled any of the radioactive stone.
hyper Will it be awkward, Superman sitting naked in Lois’s tub while she gives him a sponge bath? Well, scrub him down with an industrial-strength broom.

He wondered idly if he had burn marks on his skin where the Kryptonite was searing against his flesh.
I’m sure Lois would have said something.

Lois swiftly got a fresh towel for him and laid it on the countertop, alongside the sink.

"Here," she said, patting the towel. "Sorry it's so pink."
So, will the pink color of the towel be enough to stop her from saying “It’s nine o’clock, I thought you’d be naked”?

He would have to deal with the problem of finding clothes later.
Maybe Lois is some old dresses she no longer needs?

He shampooed and rinsed his hair as well, making extra certain that nothing remained on his body, buried deep in his thick locks.
It really would be safer if he shore off all his bodily hair and then use a rough scrubber to remove the top layer of his skin.

And if they didn't, he was certain that the sun would help.
wave erm clap ?

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Kerth
Kerth
clap Clark is in trouble, Clark is in trouble!! laugh

Great chapter! Once again, you always have a knack for the action (and for leaving us hanging... you seem to enjoy that a lot... I want more).

Can't wait, can't wait, can't wait!!!

(PS: Somewhere in the middle there's a part where the line reads "She swan on," when I assume it should be "swam"... just to let you know) wink

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Edit 2: After reading Virginia's FDK, I'm thinking of just packing up mine and hiding for a bit.
What? eek What did I do? Oh, dear, have I broken Michael? shock <<looks quickly upwards at FDK and gets whiplash>> Yes, I know I went where I shouldn't have, a couple of times, but... well, I did learn from the master, didn't I? laugh

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
[Linked Image]
Did I just (well, a while ago) create a monster?

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Darth Michael:
[Linked Image]
Did I just (well, a while ago) create a monster?

wave Michael
notworthy For every master, there must be an apprentice.

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
/gets verrrrry odd feeling/ Maybe I shouldn't have detailed on how to create life using the midichloriens to Virginia... Nah, what is there to fear but death itself.

wave Michael

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Darth Michael:
/gets verrrrry odd feeling/ Maybe I shouldn't have detailed on how to create life using the midichloriens to Virginia... Nah, what is there to fear but death itself.

wave Michael
[Linked Image]

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Sydney:
Lois is the best ! wave
laugh Glad you liked! laugh

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Laurach:
Weeeeeeee!
rotflol Clark has some 'splainin' to do!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Deadly Chakram:
[b]
[b] BUSTED!!!

You're in trouuu-bleeee!

Clark is in trouble! Clark is in trouble! laugh [/b]
Payback for the Season's Greedings dance he did? lol [/b]
Bingo!!! laugh laugh laugh laugh

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard