Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
For the 2012 Summer Ficathon Challenge #2-- Blue Sky.

Again... Disclaimer: I do not own anything related to the Lois and Clark franchise, characters or places. Also, I do not own the song "Blue Skies" (as sung by a variety of amazing artists, such as Sinatra, Ella Fitzgerald, and Doris Day) or the 1946 movie "Blue Skies" starring Bing Crosby and Joan Caulfield. (Also, a slight tip of the hat to Castle, for those who might have caught it.)

Sinatra version

Lyrics

Movie clip

Again also, apologies for the mis-upload. I was experiencing both technical difficulties and user error. blush Sorry for any confusion.

Comments go here!

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Hi Mouserocks,

I love it! You can do WAFF wonderfully. I'd love to see more Mouserocks WAFF in the future. (Hint, hint, hit over the head! wink )

What is it about the ficathon that is bringing out role reversals? You wrote something WAFFy and I wrote something depressing. And both were "blue."

BTW, probably not terribly surprising given what I usually write, but I have loved that song ever since I first heard it some time back. Another good, upbeat song of the time is "Accentuate the Positive." They just don't write songs like those anymore.

Joy,
Lynn

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
clap clap /Pst. I thought your chocolate story was a bit Waffy./

BTW, I found this recently, Dean Cain CAN sing (My apologies for the 90210 clip :rolleyes: ). jawdrop I know I was shocked too. Just thought he deserved to have that urban myth debunked.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
When I followed the first link, Youtube suggested as a similar video a clip from the ST:TNG movie Nemesis, of Commander Data singing Blue Skies .

Joy,
Lynn

p.s., I just noticed that this was my 1,701st post, so it was very appropriate that it be ST related.

Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Originally posted by Lynn:
I love it! You can do WAFF wonderfully. I'd love to see more Mouserocks WAFF in the future.
Thank you. blush It's not that I can't... I just don't always see the appeal. I've been in an up swing lately. You can expect more upcoming WAFF with "stealing second" too. wink
What is it about the ficathon that is bringing out role reversals? You wrote something WAFFy and I wrote something depressing. And both were "blue."
clap You saw that too? I watched it and thought it was hilarious and unexpected!

Originally posted by Virginia:
Poor, poor Clark. I wasn't expecting the twist. Lois, you're so cruel.
rotflol I remember seeing this once before, and it was funny to realize he actually could. But it doesn't support my story. wink

Thanks guys!

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I remember seeing this once before, and it was funny to realize he actually could. But it doesn't support my story.
He can't sing in my stories either. In Missing Lois he tries to sing her "Happy Birthday" and she runs off with her ears covered, screaming.

It's good that he's tone deaf, otherwise Clark might be perfect. wink

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
really cute!

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Pulitzer
Pulitzer

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
She wasn't even wearing shoes-- she, Lois Lane-- content to just sit with her toes in the dirt and hands in the grass.
Lex replaced her with a clone! eek wink

"Why, hello there, Mr. Kent."
Surely not Jonathan!

His smile was dazzling. "Hello Mrs. Kent."
laugh

For the first time in her life, thanks to her new husband, she could see the bright side of life. Of love. Life was good.
Awwwww!

Lois let out a sigh of contentment and buried her face into his neck. His hand caressed her back gently through the smooth satin of her shirt and, god, she could spend forever in his arms, just like this.
<happy waffy sigh>

Suddenly her husband's voice picked up the chorus, surprising her.
This *may* be the first time I've seen Clark sing in fanon. laugh

Lois didn't think she'd ever heard him sing before. And she was beginning to understand why.
*There* is is! laugh

As she slowly gathered herself, Lois attempted an apology. "I'm sorry, honey. It's just... you said before you couldn't sing... and to hear you... I just wasn't expecting Superman to be tone deaf!"
Ha! Poor Clark!!! clap

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
This was a very sweet story. I can just imagine Jonathan and Martha dancing on the porch and than hearing Clark sing...they crack up laughing!

Perfect story for a lazy summer afternoon.

Frank and the rest of the Rat Pack would have approved! thumbsup

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
More Ficathon! hyper

She took a deep breath of the fresh Kansas air and let all of the tension drain from her. She wasn't even wearing shoes-- she, Lois Lane-- content to just sit with her toes in the dirt and hands in the grass.
Hmm…When is this? It can’t be GGGoH, can it? So, much, much later, then?

"Hello Mrs. Kent."
That answers the question.

Lois didn't think she'd ever heard him sing before. And she was beginning to understand why.
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I love that song.

Top Banana
Top Banana
Very clever, and funny, Mouse! I'm enjoying all these one-shots from the ficathon. I don't have the patience for epics these days.

Happy

This *is* my happily ever after.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard