Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Comments go here!!

Corrina.

#87580 06/24/12 12:16 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
I am on my cell phone now. I'll be back later with proper feedback but I had to tell you that this was beautiful. I loved this chapter. notworthy

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
#87581 06/24/12 02:56 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Okay, Lois is on the case and the hints we had earlier that she was finally admitting her true feelings are true. Now Superman needs to find her and she has to admit to him how she feels about Clark and plead with him to help. She's going to have a hard time recanting her statement to Henderson but that can be dealt with later.

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
#87582 06/24/12 12:59 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Watch out Lana Lang. The real Superwoman in Metropolis is on the case and will search every inch of the city to find her man.

And prove his innocence.

You haven't got a snowball's chance in Hell of beating her. thumbsup

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
#87583 06/24/12 03:10 PM
D
Blogger
Blogger
D
Oh thank god! Lois Lane to the rescue! I'm so glad she's being her usual determined self and not another problem that Clark needs to fix. He definitely needs Lois in his corner.

I'm personally hoping Lois will side-kick Lana into a brick wall at some point during this story wink

#87584 06/24/12 05:15 PM
A
Columnist
Columnist
A
I'm so glad, after three parts of increasingly bad circumstances for Clark, that this part is a significant change in his fortune! (Even if he doesn't know it yet!) Now I just hope that Lana doesn't find Lois before Clark is finished with the subway disaster.

I can't wait to see where you go from here!

Amber smile

#87585 06/24/12 05:40 PM
F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Delightful. Now I am hoping Clark will go into hiding for a few days, as Clark not Superman, he can sleep at the Farm and be seen as Superman around the world.

Thinks I expect we will see
  • Lois finding out Clark is Superman, not being told but figuring it out.
  • Henderson being told about Clark by Lois withOUT Clark's permission or knowledge
  • Lois turning in the murder weapon
  • Confrontation between Lois and Lana

Framework4
#87586 06/25/12 01:46 AM
S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
A great chapter (again), Corrina. help

So what now? I cannot wait to read the next part. : hyper

wave

Sydney

Non ! non, c’est bien plus beau lorsque c’est inutile !
(Edmond Rostand)
#87587 06/25/12 10:48 AM
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
It was just after twelve-thirty.

It had better be Perry.

Or Clark.

No one else would dare call her on both phones at this hour.
laugh

"His apartment's on the way. Tell him to wait there and we'll go together."
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
#87588 06/25/12 11:07 AM
K
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
K
Oh boy, Clark has a real talent for messing things up. Now he has the murder weapon in his possesion, and his fingerprints are all over it. huh His only hope is Mad Dog Lane coming to his rescue. wildguy

KateB
#87589 06/25/12 04:13 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Gotta love Lois's faith in Clark. She's exactly who he needs.

This *is* my happily ever after.
#87590 06/26/12 07:09 AM
Kerth
Kerth
Phew. Okay. Lois is working on a rescue, and is already, undeniably on Clark's side. Henderson not believing it doesn't make it look good. I don't understand the witness thing- someone framing Clark? Or did they see him running after Mayson earlier, when she left the first time before the shot? confused My mind's all a jumble and I only hope we get more soon!!

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
#87591 06/26/12 01:08 PM
K
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
K
Mouserocks, I think it was Lana running away. When she caught Clark by the police station, she was still wearing Clark's leather jacket, a pair of oversized jeans (probably Clark's) and a T-shirt. I guess that the lady taking care of her cat is that witness Henderson was talking about.

KateB
#87592 06/29/12 10:59 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
"His apartment's on the way. Tell him to wait there and we'll go together."
Oh no.

"No," Lois said. "I called him last night and couldn't get through. Perhaps there's a problem with his line. His apartment is on the way. I'll wake him, and we'll cover it together."
Oh dear.

"Have you found the murderer?" an older man asked. "If he's still at large, shouldn't you be doing something to protect the citizens?"
Oops, she's gonna think Clark got killed.

Clark would be OK. He *had* to be OK.
Oh no. Poor Lois.

"The details will be released later today," the officer said. "There will be a press conference."
frown Poor Lois. This is going to make her realize with 100% clarity how she feels about him though.

The police officer came through the door, and Henderson gestured for Lois to follow him inside.
Oooh, she's gonna get answers.

Her anxiety whipped through her scant supplies of patience, and she grabbed fistfuls of the lapels of his jacket. "Is it Clark?"

Henderson calmly took hold of her arms. "No," he said. "It's not Clark."

Her hands dropped, but relief was short-lived. "His parents?" she gasped. "Are they here?"
Love this. She's so concerned for him and for his family. Nice.

Henderson stopped her with a hand to her elbow. "Lois," he said. "I don't think you understand. Clark is missing."
Oops?

Comprehension splattered debris through her brain. "Clark?" she gasped. "You think ... you think *he* did this? He's a suspect?"
Cue Mad Dog Lane to the rescue!

She shot Henderson an accusing look. "I thought you knew him, too."
Love her championing him here.

"I've been able to keep it quiet so far - being the middle of the night - but if we haven't found him by daylight, Wolfe is going to insist that he be officially listed as a wanted person."
Thank you, Henderson, for having an iota of compassion.

"The witness is also willing to testify she heard an argument between Mayson and Clark."
<wonders if the "witness" is Lana>

"I've had arguments with Clark," Lois retorted. "Lots of them. But he's never shot me."
clap

"She was in the train?" Perry exclaimed.
clap

"What evidence do they have? Did you speak to Henderson? Or Wolfe? Or some rookie who wouldn't know a victim from a perpetrator?"
Ha! This is *so* Perry.

"Probably," Lois said. "But I'm not writing a single word about anything until I have proved that Clark did not kill anyone."
*There's* Mad Dog Lane! clap

"I want justice, too," Lois said. "For both Mayson and Clark."
clap

Because this was a place she strongly associated with Clark.

It was here he had told her he was in love with her.
Bingo.

Whatever Mayson had done, she could not have hurt Clark as much as Lois had on this park bench.
frown

No. Not blind.

Scared.
Exactly.

Because she loved him.
There it is! laugh

Looking forward to reading more!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

#87593 07/06/12 05:02 AM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Vicki Thanks for the PM. Talk to you soon.

Ken Uhm - Lois plus Superman save Clark. Interesting.

Morgana Love your faith in Lois. smile

datasprite Lois, Lana, and a brick wall dance

Amber Yeah, the first three chapters just kept on getting worse for Clark. I needed something to arrest the slide.

Patrick Did you want a score for your predictions?

I'm willing to say it's not four. But it's not zero, either.

Sydney Clark can't have an alibi because when Mayson was shot, Clark wasn't anywhere.

Michael

/pulls out Metropolis Penal Code/ It’s right there. Section 104, paragraph 6: |You have to constantly be in the vicinity of your registered and switched on mobile phone, so you are available, traceable, and your conversations monitorable by LexTel and the NIA.”
I already mentioned that my police procedure might be a little flaky. wink

Kate I'm not sure Clark has a talent for messing things up - more just going about his life and trouble finds him!

The fingerprints - as the show never followed up on that, I assumed Clark must have applied a little heat smudging either at the time or later. Surely, it would be too risky to allow Superman's prints to be kept on record?

Happy Yep. As I said, this story isn't really about murder. Or police investigations. It's about friendship.

Mouse You'll hear more about the police case against Clark.

DC Glad you liked the entrance of Mad Dog Lane!

Thanks to everyone who read and left FDK.

Corrina.

#87594 07/07/12 10:29 AM
K
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
K
Point taken, Corrina. thumbsup

KateB
#87595 07/09/12 12:29 AM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Thanks, Kate. When I edit this for the archive, I'll probably add in a line of explanation to make it clearer.

#87596 07/18/12 02:11 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Hi, Corrina. I'm back smile

I told you above I loved this chapter, and promised to come back and tell you more. So, what I loved:

- Lois asking Perry if he'd called Clark. It clarifies that in her mind, she is not a lone reporter but part of a team. I liked it. I was a bit disappointed she mentioned Superman first, but given the circumstances, I suppose it's to be expected that she would ask if Superman were on the scene of a major accident.

- Lois not immediately thinking the commotion at Clark's building was related to him. I thought that was natural, that we do not immediately think anything like that can happen to us or our loved ones. It also built my, the reader's, expectations, as I wondered what her reaction would be, when she learned the murder was in Clark's apt. Would she think *Clark* had been killed? How would she react?

- Lois's reaction to learning the murder had been in Clark's apt.

She eyed the police officer speculatively and decided he was probably young enough and agile enough that a sudden dash to Clark's door wasn't going to be successful.
This was a very dramatic scene, with Lois trying to convince herself that Clark will be OK because he *has* to be OK. This line, however, made me laugh out loud. So Lois.

Clark. She couldn't imagine her life without him. He was her best friend. He was ...

He was Clark.
What more is there to say? He's... Clark.

- I liked that, as soon as she learned Clark was OK, she asked about his parents.

- I loved that Lois knows that she knows that she knows that Clark. did not. do. this.

- I absolutely loved this:

"What about the story?"

"The story?" Her mind shuffled back. "Oh, the subway collapse. Send Ralph."

"Ralph?" Perry fired back in disgust.

"Or that new guy. Or Jimmy."

"I've already called Jimmy. Lois, this is going to be huge."

"Probably," Lois said. "But I'm not writing a single word about anything until I have proved that Clark did not kill anyone."
and this...
She'd been too blind to see it.

No. Not blind.

Scared.

She'd opened the door to peek at what love would be like with Clark Kent.

And it had petrified her.

It had been so pure.

So intense.

So eternal.

Instead of being brave enough to fling the door wide open, she'd slammed it shut and run away to the supposed safety of a life with Luthor.
And, well, pretty much everything else. Great chapter! And now, let me go read and see what I missed while I was away...

ETA: back again to add my 2 cents on the issue of the fingerprints. as I remember, the police went to fingerprint Superman, but he put too much pressure on the pad and broke the desk or counter or whatever the fingerprint pad was on, and the police were just like, ok, whatever, forget the fingerprints, let's just go get your mug shot taken... So I don't believe there are fingerprints of Superman on file.

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
#87597 07/23/12 06:13 PM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Originally posted by Vicki:
Hi, Corrina. I'm back smile

Welcome home, Vicki. We missed you.

Thanks for such detailed FDK.

- I loved that Lois knows that she knows that she knows that Clark. did not. do. this.
As I've said before, this fic isn't really about a murder case or a police investigation. It's about loyalty and friendship. We saw Clark's loyalty to Lois after she almost married Luthor. I thought this scenario was a good way to turn the tables.

The fingerprints - Now that you mention it, you could be right about Clark never actually being finger-printed. I think I need to go back and watch that episode again.

Corrina.

#87598 07/23/12 06:44 PM
K
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
K
I remember, that Superman had pressed the table so hard, that it collapsed, so I assume they didn't get his fingerprints after all.

KateB
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard