Print Thread
#8701 12/01/03 01:40 PM
A
AnnieM Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
A
I hope you enjoyed it. I'm really intrigued to hear what people think about a couple different spots. We'll see if the readers pick up on them. All comments, suggestions, etc welcome as always. smile

Annie

Being a reporter is as much a diagnosis as a job description. ~Anna Quindlen
Merriwether
Merriwether
Yeah, yeah, you know how much I love this story already, but I was just rereading and I had to highlight my favorite parts. <g>

Martha looked at the next set of tickets. “Eve Zaremba? The name sounds familiar....”

“She’s made a name for herself creating art from trash, basically. She takes old, discarded items and makes sculptures out of them.”

“Oh, good lord,” Jonathan muttered good naturedly. “Don’t encourage her.”

Martha whacked Jonathan with the empty envelope. “Stop. You loved that sculpture I made you out of old tractor parts.”

“Yes, Martha. It was lovely,” he said before turning and shooting a pained look at Lois and Clark.
ROTFL!! This part cracks me up every single time I read it, whether it's the first or the fifth go-through! I can picture the whole gosh-darn thing; you've pegged Jonathan *so* well, LOL! Great exchange!

And, of course,

“While we’re up here, I wanted to give you the other part of your Christmas present,” she said, stroking his back gently through the soft flannel.

“Mmm, maybe we should wait until my parents go to bed,” he replied, kissing her neck.

Lois pulled back, mock exasperated. “I swear, you have a one-track mind. That’s NOT what I was talking about.”

“Could I talk you into talking about it?” he mumbled, pulling her back and nuzzling her neck again.
Have I mentioned how much I love this boy? <G>

I love this story, Annie ... Christmas morning was delightful and the proposal is so romantic. Just wonderful. smile

Kathy

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh, Annie, this was incredibly wonderful... I had a big WAFFy smile on my face the whole way through. All the ideas for Christmas presents were inspired, I thought, especially the trips. Gifts of time. smile

I can't imagine how you can possibly top this with a part 3, but I'm looking forward to finding out! <g>

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great piece. smile1

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Annie,
wonderful and WAFFy story.
I look forward to part three.

Avia

"I get it, you're a ghost. You're dead. Big accomplishment, move on. You see a light anywhere? Go towards it okay?"

Cordelia in 'Rm w/a Vu' - Angel episode 1x05
J
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
J
Hi Annie,

all I manage to say about this is a big, waffy, fuzzy, sappy *SIGH*!!!!! laugh laugh

Your story is so beautiful and it actually puts me into Christmas mood. And this is a very good thing, since I'm not really a Christmas person, either... clap

Please post part 3 soon, can't wait to read how Martha and Jonathan are going to react to the good news and to that:
Right now I want to touch you and kiss and drive you crazy until you forget that my parents are down the hall and cry out in pleasure
blush blush

Julia

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard