Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: AnnieM FDK: Playing by Heart, part 2 - 12/01/03 05:40 PM
I hope you enjoyed it. I'm really intrigued to hear what people think about a couple different spots. We'll see if the readers pick up on them. All comments, suggestions, etc welcome as always. smile

Annie
Posted By: KathyB Re: FDK: Playing by Heart, part 2 - 12/01/03 06:26 PM
Yeah, yeah, you know how much I love this story already, but I was just rereading and I had to highlight my favorite parts. <g>

Martha looked at the next set of tickets. “Eve Zaremba? The name sounds familiar....”

“She’s made a name for herself creating art from trash, basically. She takes old, discarded items and makes sculptures out of them.”

“Oh, good lord,” Jonathan muttered good naturedly. “Don’t encourage her.”

Martha whacked Jonathan with the empty envelope. “Stop. You loved that sculpture I made you out of old tractor parts.”

“Yes, Martha. It was lovely,” he said before turning and shooting a pained look at Lois and Clark.
ROTFL!! This part cracks me up every single time I read it, whether it's the first or the fifth go-through! I can picture the whole gosh-darn thing; you've pegged Jonathan *so* well, LOL! Great exchange!

And, of course,

“While we’re up here, I wanted to give you the other part of your Christmas present,” she said, stroking his back gently through the soft flannel.

“Mmm, maybe we should wait until my parents go to bed,” he replied, kissing her neck.

Lois pulled back, mock exasperated. “I swear, you have a one-track mind. That’s NOT what I was talking about.”

“Could I talk you into talking about it?” he mumbled, pulling her back and nuzzling her neck again.
Have I mentioned how much I love this boy? <G>

I love this story, Annie ... Christmas morning was delightful and the proposal is so romantic. Just wonderful. smile

Kathy
Posted By: ChiefPam Re: FDK: Playing by Heart, part 2 - 12/01/03 06:58 PM
Oh, Annie, this was incredibly wonderful... I had a big WAFFy smile on my face the whole way through. All the ideas for Christmas presents were inspired, I thought, especially the trips. Gifts of time. smile

I can't imagine how you can possibly top this with a part 3, but I'm looking forward to finding out! <g>

PJ
Posted By: mariadferdez. Re: FDK: Playing by Heart, part 2 - 12/01/03 07:04 PM
Hi,

Great piece. smile1
Posted By: avia Re: FDK: Playing by Heart, part 2 - 12/02/03 04:48 AM
Annie,
wonderful and WAFFy story.
I look forward to part three.

Avia
Posted By: Julia Re: FDK: Playing by Heart, part 2 - 12/02/03 10:16 AM
Hi Annie,

all I manage to say about this is a big, waffy, fuzzy, sappy *SIGH*!!!!! laugh laugh

Your story is so beautiful and it actually puts me into Christmas mood. And this is a very good thing, since I'm not really a Christmas person, either... clap

Please post part 3 soon, can't wait to read how Martha and Jonathan are going to react to the good news and to that:
Right now I want to touch you and kiss and drive you crazy until you forget that my parents are down the hall and cry out in pleasure
blush blush

Julia
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards