Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I should have the epilogue very soon, so I am pushing ahead with a slightly increased posting schedule, as promised.

Look for the next part probably on Thursday. laugh

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
hyper yea! That Kal's not dead! Thank you for not making us sit through the 4 day vigil and cut straight to Kal's recovery. Ooooh. Lois finally got to feed Kal soup. About time, he's been asking for it since the Rao festival! Of course, with Lois cooking, it probably took all this time for Jon Ken to teach Lois how to make Krypton Chicken soup. Krypton chickens have blue feathers, that's how you can tell them apart from the Earth chickens. wink Right? And red frills and feet and yellow beaks?

Sorry to hear that Ruce got shot. Poor Arthur. I hear Ruce makes an awful paitent.

I liked all your analogies to "Home is Where the Hurt Is" and even your take on "How mad are you" speech. wave

/Pst. Sorry about the lack of a three parter. I've fallen behind on my story and I've got three parts to write to catch up!/

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Kerth
Kerth
Wednesday's come early? Yippee for me!

My first reaction was "It's been six months, Kal's been out of it for six months and we didn't even get to see anything happen?!"

So that was a slight relief. (Though what a crazy twist that would have been, eh?) :p

Secondly: Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! and Yay! Kal's back, and everyone's missed him (literally, everyone) and everyone cares and he's okay and he's going to be half of a Superme Ruler! (Another good twist, by the way. For some reason I thought this rule change was going to be the arranged marriage thing... then again, it worked out pretty well for Kal and Lois, so huh )

Two more? Only two? But... but... what do you expect us to do with more time on our hands? What? Actual work? Pshh... No. I think you need to keep writing this. Or at least more of something else. Agreed? Good. laugh

Excellent job, as usual!

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
SUPERLUNKHEAD IS ALIVE! wave

Sydney

Non ! non, c’est bien plus beau lorsque c’est inutile !
(Edmond Rostand)
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Urgh! Why do you post when I'm on my way to the gym or work? It will be awhile before I can reply, it will be a nice way to end the day. wave

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Wonderfully sweet WSAFFY chapter.

Kal is on the road to recovery and Lois is his nursemaid and all is right with the world.

I don't see how it could end any better.

Excellent.

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Me, likey that Monday is the new Tuesday/Wednesday and that Thursday is the new Sunday.
If all goes well, I'm hoping to post 20 on Thursday and 21 on Saturday.

But... but... but... there's only two more (and possibly an Epilogue) left!
Only 20 and 21 left. 21 *is* the epilogue.

ooooh, and there's that new Clarkux Maxius sequel I saw over on the Archives, I haven't read that yet.
clap

Do we ever get to find out what Caitra's been up to since Jai got kidnapped? Did she ever notice? Or care? Or does her character simply fade away like it did in canon? I want to be there when Jai says, "But I promised Rao no more caregivers" and Caitra replies, "Finally, I can move on to 'Ayne Manor."
clap

how big is Krypton? I feel like it's one city big. Does the capital city have a name? Am I just being nitpicky (probably, so it's okay to tell me I am)?
I'm figuring close to Earth-sized. I didn't give the capital city a name because it isn't really that important. You're being nitpicky. wink But that's okay. It means we are invested in the story. And that is just fine by me.

Let's see after the trial, where Lux escapes, Lois will announce that she's going to work with Per Wit over at PR, because nobody else could say nicer things about Kal that Lois. Plus, she'd rather organize next year's winter concert than actually attend it. Or will she start to work with Bil in Security and how to up it without the palace feeling like a prision. Or will Kal and Lois decide to steal Samm's spaceship model and go on a test flight only to have Krypton explode and push them towards a little planet on the other side of a couple of galaxies called Earth?
Now *those* are interesting twists!!!

/Pst. Sorry about the lack of a three parter. I've fallen behind on my story and I've got three parts to write to catch up!/
No problem. I know what you mean. I meant to have my next one mostly finished by the time I finished posting this one, and I'll only 1/2 through chapter 2. *sigh*

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Wednesday's come early? Yippee for me!
It did! It really did! wink

My first reaction was "It's been six months, Kal's been out of it for six months and we didn't even get to see anything happen?!"

So that was a slight relief. (Though what a crazy twist that would have been, eh?)
Oooh! So evil! evil I like it!

Secondly: Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! and Yay! Kal's back, and everyone's missed him (literally, everyone) and everyone cares and he's okay and he's going to be half of a Superme Ruler! (Another good twist, by the way. For some reason I thought this rule change was going to be the arranged marriage thing... then again, it worked out pretty well for Kal and Lois, so huh )
Thank you. You didn't *really* think I'd kill Kal, did you? (Okay, so if it fit the storyline, I probably would have.)

Two more? Only two? But... but... what do you expect us to do with more time on our hands? What? Actual work? Pshh... No. I think you need to keep writing this. Or at least more of something else. Agreed? Good.
rotflol Sorry. But I *am* trying to write some other fics. As I mentioned on ff.net, I've begun to write Specimen S and I do have another fic that I want to read again, polish, and get off to a beta-reader.

Excellent job, as usual!
Thank you very much!!! laugh

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Sydney:
SUPERLUNKHEAD IS ALIVE! wave
Thank you, Sdyney! wave Glad to see you're happy that Kal lives! wink

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Morgana:
Urgh! Why do you post when I'm on my way to the gym or work? It will be awhile before I can reply, it will be a nice way to end the day. wave
laugh Sorry, Morgana. I guess I just have awesome timing like that! laugh

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by KenJ:
Wonderfully sweet WSAFFY chapter.

Kal is on the road to recovery and Lois is his nursemaid and all is right with the world.

I don't see how it could end any better.

Exvellent.
Thanks, Ken. I really do appreciate that. Oh, I've figured out ways to make this end on an even better note then it currently is. smile

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
Okay, I'm back.

DC, this part is fantastic: the scene between Lois and Kal, the scene with all the family, the scene with only Jor El and Kal:I love how much these two care for each other, how much Jor El loves his son, how much he shows his emotions.

And my favorite part is the beginning of the chapter, when Kal is waking up. It's really beautiful and you are a fantastic writer.

wave

Sydney

Non ! non, c’est bien plus beau lorsque c’est inutile !
(Edmond Rostand)
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Well I see there are few instalments left which means there is still time for another 'pothole' on the road to Lois' and Clark's happy ever after.

I think I have just the one.

You see, Sam has always wanted to elevate his social standing by using his daughters to affect such. Before he offered Lois to JorEl for Kal he had made similiar arrangement with another noble. He offered Lois in a marriage contract to a noble from a distant part of Krypton for his son T'nk Wils'n.

The noble and his family had suddenly disappeared and so Sam thought they were gone for good and made the deal with the Els.

Well as luck would have it, the Wils'n family has resurfaced (where they were is another story all together) had T'nk is pressing his rightful claim to the lovely Lois.

What fun!

Tank (who would be willing to settle for a Lois haircut)

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Sydney:
Okay, I'm back.

DC, this part is fantastic: the scene between Lois and Kal, the scene with all the family, the scene with only Jor El and Kal:I love how much these two care for each other, how much Jor El loves his son, how much he shows his emotions.

And my favorite part is the beginning of the chapter, when Kal is waking up. It's really beautiful and you are a fantastic writer.

wave
blush Oh wow! Thanks so much, Sydney! That really means a lot. I loved working on this chapter. I really liked having the opportunity to explore more of Jor-El and Kal's relationship, since so much of the story doesn't really get to showcase it. So it was great to be able to write a private moment between them. And I enjoyed writing some quiet, Waffy moments for Lois and Kal to enjoy together.

Thanks again for all of your kind words. wave

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Tank:
Well I see there are few instalments left which means there is still time for another 'pothole' on the road to Lois' and Clark's happy ever after.

I think I have just the one.

You see, Sam has always wanted to elevate his social standing by using his daughters to affect such. Before he offered Lois to JorEl for Kal he had made similiar arrangement with another noble. He offered Lois in a marriage contract to a noble from a distant part of Krypton for his son T'nk Wils'n.

The noble and his family had suddenly disappeared and so Sam thought they were gone for good and made the deal with the Els.

Well as luck would have it, the Wils'n family has resurfaced (where they were is another story all together) had T'nk is pressing his rightful claim to the lovely Lois.

What fun!

Tank (who would be willing to settle for a Lois haircut)
rotflol rotflol Too funny! I do hear Luci is available though! wink

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
WOW!

Kal woke up and is mending, Lois feeds him to help him get his strength back, Jor-El realizes that he has more than one good son, and even Ruce is able to mend as a hero. I'm a little late catching up on the story, but you had it all in this chapter. Even Fasa was glad to see his dad back home!

I wonder what kind of crash course Kal will have to go through to make him equal in training with Ching? And I wonder if Zara will be the first to have the next generation? The answers to these questions are just the bow we will need to tie this whole package together. Great story, Vicki!

Pat

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by angelsgmaw:
WOW!

Kal woke up and is mending, Lois feeds him to help him get his strength back, Jor-El realizes that he has more than one good son, and even Ruce is able to mend as a hero. I'm a little late catching up on the story, but you had it all in this chapter. Even Fasa was glad to see his dad back home!

I wonder what kind of crash course Kal will have to go through to make him equal in training with Ching? And I wonder if Zara will be the first to have the next generation? The answers to these questions are just the bow we will need to tie this whole package together. Great story, Vicki!

Pat
Hi, Pat! wave

Thanks so much for the kind words. smile They mean a lot. Kal won't have to do through any crash course. He's been trained all his life for the role, in case he ever needs to take over for Ching, since he's his brother's heir. Plus, he was always meant to be his brother's advisor at any rate. So Kal is actually in the perfect position to become Supreme Lord one day.

Jor-El has always known he's got three good sons, but he's realizing now (as Kal lays there in a coma) that Kal needs to be raised to Supreme Lord one day - because he's perfect for the role and because of they way that the people respond to him.

More to come soon. We'll follow up with what happens to everyone, including Ruce as time goes on.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Good satisfying chapter. I had this horrible vision that Lois thought Kal was dead and committed suicide with the gun. A Romeo and Juliet ending if you will. And I went "no,no, no" that can't happen.
Now all we need is some survival celebratory sex so the Supreme Ruler's heir has an heir!
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Greetings!

This part was very heartfelt!

Clark reviving from a too long nap, happy to see his bride at his side.

Lux and sons doomed to have their molecules scattered throughout the galaxy. What a fitting execution to men who were so callous to others. It figures Clark was not happy to see them lose their lives, he is a compassionate man, which serves him well.

Sharing the duties of Supreme Lord? Interesting.

Loved the candlelight vigil! I saw the Queen and that was one of the most touching scenes in the film; the British people paying tribute to their fallen princess. Happily Clark is still with the good people of Krypton.

There was so much to long about this very long segment. All I can really say is: Well done! party

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Artemis:
Good satisfying chapter. I had this horrible vision that Lois thought Kal was dead and committed suicide with the gun. A Romeo and Juliet ending if you will. And I went "no,no, no" that can't happen.
Now all we need is some survival celebratory sex so the Supreme Ruler's heir has an heir!
cool
Artemis
rotflol Oh Lord, that would have been quite a twist! eek

Glad you enjoyed the chapter. And don't worry, Kal will be getting plenty of lovin'. laugh

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard