Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
What story would this be? Also, I don't have access to Annesplace nfic yet, if that's where it is.
Corrina's story is Awaken my heart (no problem with the wedding night but Lois has superpowers on Krypton and Kal superpowers on Earth).
ML Thompson's story is a trilogy : A matter of destiny (Lois is the one from Krypton and she is invulnerable on Earth. I'll not say anything else: you have to read it).

These are not nfics: you'll find them on the Archive.

wave

EDIT: Sorry, Michael, we posted exactly at the same time.

Sydney

Non ! non, c’est bien plus beau lorsque c’est inutile !
(Edmond Rostand)
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Darth Michael:
Stories:

Corrina's Awaken My Heart. Posted on the gfic side of things a year ago or so. Or is it already two years? Is it already on the Archives?

MLT's A Matter of Destiny. Definitely on the Archive.

Re Anne's Place. You definitely need to get access and check out MLT's The Big Couldn't. It's a hilarious story. With just enough evilness sprinkled in to make your heart grow fonder. I think it's the only story of ML's that only available over there. Same issue as with Corrina's The Wedlock Wall.

wave Michael

PS: wildguy will be back when doing actual FDK
Ah, excellent. I applied for access to Anne's - just waiting for confirmation.

I'll have to check the other two out once my muse stops torturing me.

(I have at least three partially started fics on my hard drive.)

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Sydney:
What story would this be? Also, I don't have access to Annesplace nfic yet, if that's where it is.
Corrina's story is Awaken my heart (no problem with the wedding night but Lois has superpowers on Krypton and Kal superpowers on Earth).
ML Thompson's story is a trilogy : A matter of destiny (Lois is the one from Krypton and she is invulnerable on Earth. I'll not say anything else: you have to read it).

These are not nfics: you'll find them on the Archive.

wave

EDIT: Sorry, Michael, we posted exactly at the same time.
Excellent! Thank you!

Can you imagine *this* Lois with super powers? jawdrop

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Deadly Chakram:
Originally posted by Sydney:
[b]
So, if she *is* pregnant - better not to say anything. And if she's *not* - no need to go looking for trouble
Pregnant or not pregnant? When I read that she did not react to the tranquilizer in the same way as the others, my first thought was : she's pregnant. But Zara was pregnant and she reacted in the same way.

So, what about Lois? Why did she react so strongly? Is she different? And why?

And now I remember something: Samm never spoke of his daughters, he was obsessed with the culture of Earth and Lois was some Earth name that he liked.
So was Lois from Earth? Did she arrive on Krypton as a baby (without knowing it)? Or am I crazy? help

wave
No, Lois isn't pregnant. But two people can react differently to things - like how to some, a bee sting is an inconvience, and to another, it is deadly. So, Lois just reacted badly to something in the tranq.

She's not from Earth. She's Samm's flesh-and-blood daughter, although I will admit to having toyed with the idea of her being from Earth. laugh [/b]
Gee, and here I took it as

a) Lois isn't as big boned as Zara, therefore being more petite the medicine effected her more strongly... (Kind of like why petite women are a cheap date, because you can get them drunker on less drinks. evil thoughts. laugh

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Gee, and here I took it as

a) Lois isn't as big boned as Zara, therefore being more petite the medicine effected her more strongly... (Kind of like why petite women are a cheap date, because you can get them drunker on less drinks. clap evil thoughts.
And such interesting ones at that! laugh

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Actually, if I *had* gone with the idea of Lois being from Earth, I was going to set this up with Lois' family as cosmonauts that crash on Krypton. I just couldn't figure out why Jor-El would betroth his son to an alien, so that's why I scrapped the idea of Lois remaining an Earthling.
Oooh, give me a plot puzzle and I shall unravel it. <<rubs hands together>> Let's see...

Samm is the one who discovered the crashed spaceship with all of the astronauts killed, with the exception of the baby daughter, who had miraculously survived do to being safe in a space incubator (space nursery?). As Elle had only just that morning lost their baby in a stillbirth (due to the Red K illness which affected the baby in some way). Samm brings the baby home with him and tells his wife that their daughter did not in fact die. Elle, in her post-partum grief, accepts the new child no questions asked.

It would explain why Samm is overprotective of his daughter. It would explain why Elle is a little off the wall, and alcoholic (because a part of her knows that Lois really isn't her daughter). And it would have meant that Kal's true birth wife had died in childbirth, only to be substituted by Lois <<cough, cough>> his soulmate <<cough>>. Samm, then of course, to clear his conscience had confessed the truth to Lois (who then had this burden to hold) the morning of her marriage to Kal. It would be another explanation for her bitterness (out of fear of discovery and disection like Kryptonian frogs) and anger, and her hesistancy towards intimacy with Kal. Samm, of course, never told Jor-El (or anyone for that matter) because he still wanted the prestige of the royal marriage.

Then maybe someone could find the wreckage (the Uthor family?) and discover something that hints that the baby had not died in the crash. (A nursery, yet no baby found at the crash site.) Or MAYBE clap Lois becomes superpowered while in the cell and breaks her, Zara, Ching, and Jai out of imprisionment but reveals her alien orgins. (Okay, that last bit was just wishful thinking of the Uthor family getting their butts handed to them.) evil

My apologies blush for once again highjacking your thread with my crazy plot ideas. laugh I'll humbly crawl back to my own story now.

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by VirginiaR:
Actually, if I *had* gone with the idea of Lois being from Earth, I was going to set this up with Lois' family as cosmonauts that crash on Krypton. I just couldn't figure out why Jor-El would betroth his son to an alien, so that's why I scrapped the idea of Lois remaining an Earthling.
Oooh, give me a plot puzzle and I shall unravel it. <<rubs hands together>> Let's see...

Samm is the one who discovered the crashed spaceship with all of the astronauts killed, with the exception of the baby daughter, who had miraculously survived do to being safe in a space incubator (space nursery?). As Elle had only just that morning lost their baby in a stillbirth (due to the Red K illness which affected the baby in some way). Samm brings the baby home with him and tells his wife that their daughter did not in fact die. Elle, in her post-partum grief, accepts the new child no questions asked.

It would explain why Samm is overprotective of his daughter. It would explain why Elle is a little off the wall, and alcoholic (because a part of her knows that Lois really isn't her daughter). And it would have meant that Kal's true birth wife had died in childbirth, only to be substituted by Lois <<cough, cough>> his soulmate <<cough>>. Samm, then of course, to clear his conscience had confessed the truth to Lois (who then had this burden to hold) the morning of her marriage to Kal. It would be another explanation for her bitterness (out of fear of discovery and disection like Kryptonian frogs) and anger, and her hesistancy towards intimacy with Kal. Samm, of course, never told Jor-El (or anyone for that matter) because he still wanted the prestige of the royal marriage.

Then maybe someone could find the wreckage (the Uthor family?) and discover something that hints that the baby had not died in the crash. (A nursery, yet no baby found at the crash site.) Or MAYBE clap Lois becomes superpowered while in the cell and breaks her, Zara, Ching, and Jai out of imprisionment but reveals her alien orgins. (Okay, that last bit was just wishful thinking of the Uthor family getting their butts handed to them.) evil

My apologies blush for once again highjacking your thread with my crazy plot ideas. laugh I'll humbly crawl back to my own story now.
Ummm...do NOT apologize. I absolutely LOVE it. Feel free to write this story. smile

hail I bow to your superior muse.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
Okay, Lois is not from Earth. But, if you want to see Lois (as an adult) crashing on Krypton, you really have to read Corrina's Awaken my heart. No spoiler: it's just the beginning of the story. And I'm sure you'll love it : it's a WONDERFUL story.

Ummm...do NOT apologize. I absolutely LOVE it. Feel free to write this story
I agree! And, if you want some alternative ideas: Lois is really Samm's daughter mais his wife, Elle, was from Earth; she was the one arriving on Krypton as a baby and she was (in secret) adopted by a noble family. Was Samm aware of that when he married her: may be... laugh
Even worse: Elle is from Krypton, but Samm experimented on her with artificial insemination; and the donor was from Earth. peep

Sydney

Non ! non, c’est bien plus beau lorsque c’est inutile !
(Edmond Rostand)
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Sydney:
<strong> I agree! And, if you want some alternative ideas: Lois is really Samm's daughter mais his wife, Elle, was from Earth; she was the one arriving on Krypton as a baby and she was (in secret) adopted by a noble family. Was Samm aware of that when he married her: may be... laugh
Even worse: Elle is from Krypton, but Samm experimented on her with artificial insemination; and the donor was from Earth. clap I love your ideas. They are terrific, even if they ARE evil. (BTW: Evil Sam has been done in at least one story that I know of, so it's not unheard of.) Would that make Elle superpowered laugh

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Okay, Lois is not from Earth. But, if you want to see Lois (as an adult) crashing on Krypton, you really have to read Corrina's Awaken my heart. No spoiler: it's just the beginning of the story. And I'm sure you'll love it : it's a WONDERFUL story.
On my list for the next time my muse gives me a break and allows me to *read* fic and not *write* it. laugh

I agree! And, if you want some alternative ideas: Lois is really Samm's daughter mais his wife, Elle, was from Earth; she was the one arriving on Krypton as a baby and she was (in secret) adopted by a noble family. Was Samm aware of that when he married her: may be...
Ooooh!

Even worse: Elle is from Krypton, but Samm experimented on her with artificial insemination; and the donor was from Earth. No, too evil, even for Samm. Forget it!
Oooh! Infertility in the Lyne family? Interesting...

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Gee, thanks, guys. I'm too busy to pick those ideas up... maybe we should shift them over to the Challenges board.
I feel all sorts of special that my story has since spawned 2 challenges. laugh

No wonder she drinks so much. It doesn't have any effect on her.
jawdrop

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
<should have invested in buckets for this chapter>
So, bull market for bucket shares?

Easier to....err...tame.
True. But where's the challenge? Where's the sport? On an unrelated note: Do they also have the proverb about not being able to make an omelet without breaking some eggs on Krypton?

Well, in his defense, the last one hadn't gone cold yet.
Duh! It still counts if you don't freeze.

Only way he'll get Lois to be submissive.
True.

On a related note, Tyrion is one of the greatest characters in the history of everything.
Duh! Also, Krypton might now be getting a vicious, idiotic king.

Big plushy mansion. That just happens to have a crude dungeon built in.
It's the new beige.

They didn't get the dumb villain memo?
Bad help. So hard to find these days.

Thark holds up four fingers. "But, that *is* five, isn't it?"
OTOH...

"I don't wanna die."
"Well, neither do I."
"*You* take Kal."
"No, *you* do it!"
Kal walks up to them in best Hercules manner and bashes their heads together.

So Lara took Jon as a male concubine?
Equal opportunity household?

Only they actually *are* blood of his blood.
Says Ar'ina.

Weapon-less against three brutal, armed guys. Also, probably in chains.
Well, if you're about to die...

Very not standard. Lux has been toying around with things.
Oh dear.

Married to the Bat?
Worse things could happen?

Quote: What did they do to him? What did *you* do to Nigel?

[whip devil]
You got issues with Nigel?

Never a good idea to be too attractive?
/recommends young Kryptonian women wear cow manure makeup.

Exactly. Minor flaw with the plan, but oh well.
clap /gets popcorn/

Quote:Again. Wife. Threatened. Although, he might just curl up in a ball, hug Fasa, can shiver.

Nah. This is Supes.
Right. Duh! /waits for Kal to first accept that Lois is now with Lux and then go and sit on top of palace next to gargoyle/

"Ten billion Kryptobucks to whoever lets us out!"
Actually... Have you read Clash of Kings yet?

<not sure if I should be honored or sacred>
wildguy Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
So, bull market for bucket shares?
clap

True. But where's the challenge? Where's the sport? On an unrelated note: Do they also have the proverb about not being able to make an omelet without breaking some eggs on Krypton?
clap He just needs an Iolaus now! laugh

Equal opportunity household?
How...progressive for this planet! I approve!

Worse things could happen?
evil

You got issues with Nigel?
Nope. Just an evil author, that's all.

/recommends young Kryptonian women wear cow manure makeup.
Maybe she's ugly, maybe it's Maybovinee?

Right. Duh! /waits for Kal to first accept that Lois is now with Lux and then go and sit on top of palace next to gargoyle/
No, no, no. He goes to Samm's lab, messes with the gamma radiation stuff, and turns into a big, violent, green pyscho.

Actually... Have you read Clash of Kings yet?
It is read.

Taking a break between books though. Reading Micro now.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Drama indeed...scary drama.

The young royals are captive, victims of a madman's plans, Nor and dimwitted brothers were not capable of such twisted planning.

Lex...er Lux still has a fixation on Lois. To force Kal to annul the marriage and than take her as his own is a new low even for him!

It is heartwarming to see how much Lois misses her best friend, husband and partner. Such a change from the earlier chapter of this story. Her grief fills me with deep sadness.

The callous treatment of Jai is frightening, yet I cannot help but wonder if he gets out of this mess the young half-prince will become a valuable member of the royal family. Its not that he isn't already, its just that he will do things that will make everyone think the better of him.

Poor Zara! What agony she and Ching are experiencing right now!

Come on, make Tuesday the new Wednesday!!!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Drama indeed...scary drama.
I do try. smile

The young royals are captive, victims of a madman's plans, Nor and dimwitted brothers were not capable of such twisted planning.
All muscle, no brains. :p

Lex...er Lux still has a fixation on Lois. To force Kal to annul the marriage and than take her as his own is a new low even for him!
Well, we fic writers *do* like to discover new lows for Lex. laugh

It is heartwarming to see how much Lois misses her best friend, husband and partner. Such a change from the earlier chapter of this story. Her grief fills me with deep sadness.
Glad to see that the switch in Lois really worked. It's nice to see how far she's come since chapter 3.

The callous treatment of Jai is frightening, yet I cannot help but wonder if he gets out of this mess the young half-prince will become a valuable member of the royal family. Its not that he isn't already, its just that he will do things that will make everyone think the better of him.
If he survives, that will be addressed. Because that's the kind of author I am. smile

Poor Zara! What agony she and Ching are experiencing right now!
frown

Come on, make Tuesday the new Wednesday!!!
Soon. Very soon. I have to head out now and start getting ready to host my parents and in-laws on Saturday. That means cleaning and food shopping, and more cleaning. :p

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Kerth
Kerth
Nooooooooooo!

That was a horribly intense and depressing chapter. Crazy. Poor, poor Zara! I can't believe it- that's quite the dark twist. I'm struggling to see how you're going to write your way out of this one (or will you just be evil and let it all hit the fan? that would be really mean). Can't wait for more!

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Mouserocks:
Nooooooooooo!

That was a horribly intense and depressing chapter. Crazy. Poor, poor Zara! I can't believe it- that's quite the dark twist. I'm struggling to see how you're going to write your way out of this one (or will you just be evil and let it all hit the fan? that would be really mean). Can't wait for more!
wave

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Columnist
Columnist
Ching and Zara need to find a Martian in a space ship. frown

.talk nerdy to me.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by MrsLuthor:
Ching and Zara need to find a Martian in a space ship. frown
Or an Earthling in one? wink

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Columnist
Columnist
Originally posted by Deadly Chakram:
Originally posted by MrsLuthor:
[b] Ching and Zara need to find a Martian in a space ship. frown
Or an Earthling in one? wink [/b]
lol is that a hint?!

.talk nerdy to me.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard