Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
<wonders how long it will be before someone throws rotten fruit at her>

peep

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
Just now!

Why did I read this chapter just before going to bed? It is midnight (my time). I will never be able to sleep....
wave

Sydney

Non ! non, c’est bien plus beau lorsque c’est inutile !
(Edmond Rostand)
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Sydney:
Just now!

Why did I read this chapter just before going to bed? It is midnight (my time). I will never be able to sleep....
wave
<is whacked in head with a soggy tomato>

laugh

Sorry, I don't mean to cause you any insomnia! laugh

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
You were in a mean mood when you wrote this. Not even a clue?!?!? Gee, how we going to get the Royals and wives back if we don't have a clue?

Ching & Jai might be the ones they will guard the most, but if I was the kidnappers, I'd worry about Zara & Lois. And Kal is about to get his Super Powers! (Never under-estimate the power of love to find the needle in the haystack, even if he has to handle every piece of straw.) So, this should get very interesting!

Monday is the new Wednesday, you know! Help us dig out of this soon, please. (And if you buy that one, you and I need to talk about ocean-front property I own in Kansas, or did we already do that?)

Pat

Columnist
Columnist
I'm throwing apples... they leave bruises. >_<

Love that Henderson is their security lol. Let him try to tell them not to touch the evidence now! lol

.talk nerdy to me.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi, Pat! wave

You were in a mean mood when you wrote this. Not even a clue?!?!? Gee, how we going to get the Royals and wives back if we don't have a clue?
By reading the next chapter? laugh I promise, you'll have a clue by the end of the next chapter, which I am working on prepping for Wed.

Ching & Jai might be the ones they will guard the most, but if I was the kidnappers, I'd worry about Zara & Lois. And Kal is about to get his Super Powers! (Never under-estimate the power of love to find the needle in the haystack, even if he has to handle every piece of straw.) So, this should get very interesting!
Erm, well, not right away. But, well, you'll see. But, you are right about not underestimating the power of love. smile

Monday is the new Wednesday, you know! Help us dig out of this soon, please. (And if you buy that one, you and I need to talk about ocean-front property I own in Kansas, or did we already do that?)
rotflol

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I'm throwing apples... they leave bruises. >_<
jawdrop

Love that Henderson is their security lol. Let him try to tell them not to touch the evidence now! lol
Poor Bill! But, at least we know he gets results! laugh

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Urrrgh!

I have to agree with Sydney on this one, how am I supposed to sleep? Not a single clue to go on?

Monday IS the new Wednesday! Have a heart and tell us what's going on!

Now on to other matters: The interplay between Father and son was quite touching. In the first chapter when Jor-el told him he was to marry Lois I thought him to be a very unfeeling man, but such is not the case.

Ruce is a good friend, who knows when to stay and when to leave. Still, he calm, controlled presence was helpful to the young prince.

All the supporting characters were great!

Who is this musician Chaff? Anybody we know?

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Urrrgh!

I have to agree with Sydney on this one, how am I supposed to sleep? Not a single clue to go on?
Sorry. blush

Monday IS the new Wednesday! Have a heart and tell us what's going on!
I will...on Wednesday! wink

Now on to other matters: The interplay between Father and son was quite touching. In the first chapter when Jor-el told him he was to marry Lois I thought him to be a very unfeeling man, but such is not the case.
Whew! So glad to hear that. I was actually really worried about how Jor-El was being perceived. So, thanks.

Ruce is a good friend, who knows when to stay and when to leave. Still, he calm, controlled presence was helpful to the young prince.
Yay! Glad it worked having him there. I waffled on it, to be honest.

All the supporting characters were great!

Who is this musician Chaff? Anybody we know?
Thank you!

Caff is not from the L&C universe. I based him on Chris Caffrey, the lead guitarist of the Trans Siberian Orchestra, my own favorite band.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Not me! But then again I have XY numbers of frustrating parts like this in my story, so I sympathize. [Linked Image]

In The Dead Of The Night
For some reason I thought that was when you posted. Did this part come early? clap

"Lois?" Kal cried, twisting this way and that, desperately looking for his wife. "Lois?"
clap

"They left me behind," Ruce said thoughtfully. There was a hint of an apology to his voice, as if he could have done more.
Forget Nor, it was Ruce who was behind it! Remember those who aren’t taken and the heroes first on the scene are more likely to be suspects. Wait! That puts Kal in the suspect pool. [Linked Image] Sneaky! I bet he set this up to be Heir! Only he set it up right after the wedding, when Lois was still acting all, well, mean. And the rest of this part is just an act. Oh, wait, I forgot, Kal can’t act. Never mind. Let’s go back to Ruce! He was trying to put everyone off by blaming Catira! It’s Ruce!

Jor-El shook his head sadly, helplessly looking around. "I've always feared this."
Well, Jor-El, [Linked Image] if you always FEARED this why didn’t you have security <<cough>> bodyguards <<cough>> for your sons and their wives? Why did you let them roam around in the city unprotected? Huh? [Linked Image] You haven’t earned my sympathy. Sorry.

"I've always been terrified that one day my children would be targeted. But I trusted too much in how stable and quite the planet is. And now, my family is paying the price for my naiveté."
Most crime happens within five miles of home, Jor-El. Hindsight is always 20/20.

"Ransom." It was not a question.

Jor-El nodded. "Most likely."
Um… No. Because Ruce comes from a wealthy family, does he not? If it was just ransom and they missed on capturing Kal, they would have taken Ruce instead. Keep looking for motive.

"He's right," Kal said, nodding. "If it's ransom they're after, they won't dare to hurt them...whoever they are."
But if it’s Nor enacting revenge and not caring about money… shock

"My lords," Caff, the lead guitarist, said, his voice infused with sadness. He bowed deeply to them. "I am terribly sorry for what happened here tonight. We will do anything we can to help."
Huh? Help from the band? How about a song? Maybe that would make us feel better.

I saw about a dozen or so men dressed all in black far in the back. They were running, carrying bodies between them. I called out, but I'm afraid that even with the microphones, my voice got lost in the uproar
A dozen? Wow! That’s a lot. This sounds like a well-organized, well-planned attack.

Since all of the vehicles on the planet had switched to hovercraft technology over two centuries prior, there would be no tracks to follow.
Okay, 2 centuries of such advanced technology and women are still chattel? This is one backwards planet.

"Is...is there anything that the gang and I can do? Anything else at all?" Caff looked as heartbroken as Kal felt.

Jor-El shook his head thoughtfully. "At the moment, no."

"We can get the word spread around," Caff said with a shrug…

"We'll keep it in mind," Kal promised, forcing a smile onto his lips. "Thank you again."

"Our pleasure, my lord," the guitarist assured him.

The group turned and took their leave.
Nothing against your favorite band, DC, but HOW many times do they have to say LEAVE US ALONE to mourn before it sinks in?

"I said let's reconvene at the palace," Jor-El said gently. "There's no more that we can do here."

Kal shook his head. "No."
Oh, no, his stubborn Clark side is starting to emerge.

Jor-El frowned. "I can't allow that."

"But..."

"Kal, no. We don't know who else might still be in the area looking to snatch you away as well. I won't risk it. I can't." His voice was desperate, terrified.

"I'll be fine," the prince began to protest. "There's a ton of security guards here."

"No." The Supreme Lord's tone brooked no argument.
Thank you for giving Jor-El the backbone to stand up to his son and say the right thing here. He’s absolutely right. Kal’s being pigheaded and selfish (for a change).

Kal knew his father well enough. Arguing would be a fruitless venture. Nothing would change his father's mind. He hated when Jor-El so stubbornly made up his mind.
Like father, like son.

"I'll report back as soon as I have more information," Bilan swore.
So, we’ll never hear from Bilan again either? shock

Kal trusted them completely. And yet, he would have given anything to be with them, helping. He felt utterly useless, knowing that he was headed back to the palace to await further word. He knew that the waiting would be one of the hardest things that he would ever have to do.
Yep, it sucks being left behind. It would have been better to be abducted. Oh, wait…

The twin moons had long since set.
So, unlike on Earth, the moons set at night?

To the side, Ruce sat slumped in an oversized armchair. The red crushed velvet seemed to swallow up even his muscular form. His eyes were riveted to the deep red carpet on the floor. His right hand stroked and rubbed his chin without pause.
He’s stroking that evil beard he shaved off and wished he hadn’t for occasions like this.

He looked every bit as terrified as Kal felt.
Terrified? Why would Ruce be terrified? Was he a suspect? Was that what was terrifying him? Did he realize that he’d never be as popular as Kal and his family? Is that what terrified him?

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
FDK - Part 2

No one spoke. It was as though they had all gone both deaf and mute. The very air in the room seemed somehow heavy and oppressive. Kal felt as though it was a physical weight against his body. And though the room was more than spacious, he could not help but to feel claustrophobic.
Sounds like someone needs a Marte hug.

A disheveled and exhausted looking Bilan Hend'son entered the room along with Par Whyt, the Public Relations Manager for the palace.
Bilan! There must be news! And Par Whyt? Does Jor-El need to issue a statement? How about “Damn you, Damn you dirty apes!” Ooopps. Wrong genre. Sorry.

"I'm sorry to disturb you, my lords," the Chief of Security apologized. His gaze did not meet theirs. "I know it is late."
There is no “late” when one’s family and wife have been kidnapped.

"Nothing yet, my lord," the man said, his voice slightly quivering with his unease.

"Nothing?" the Supreme Lord repeated, as though unable to comprehend the word.
“Off with his head! And don’t let anyone else disturb us until they have something new to report!”

Bil shook his head. "I'm afraid there's no trace left behind. At least, none that we've been able to uncover yet.
thumbsup

But for now, he had to be a rock for his father. He had to be a pillar of strength for the Supreme Lord to lean on. He was the only one that Jor-El had now.

"What if we don't find them?" Jor-El said, unashamedly airing his fears. "What if something happens to them?"
Um … Jor-El was “the strong, gentle ruler of Krypton”? Not seeing it.

"We'll find them," Kal said again. "We've got to."
Yes, you do. Otherwise, this [Linked Image] will happen to DC, or worse. I still have that guy with the ax on commission.

It was just before dawn when Kal finally collapsed into the armchair in the study and fell into a troubled sleep.

To Be Continued...
Part 15, Lois’ POV? Or are you going to keep us in the dark on how Lois is bashing heads over at abduction central?

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
I have too agree with others on this one: Monday is the NEW Wednesday.

Repeat after us: Monday is the NEW Wednesday. Again! Again!

wave

Sydney

(Edmond Rostand)
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
/rushes in while covering eyes/
Today's Garfield:
[Linked Image]

/flees again until part is read/

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
As though he were some sort of superhero that should have been able to swoop in and save the day.
We need a superhero? I found one in a previous FDK (Lara Joelle Kent's FDK in Part 3):

[Linked Image]

Supercat to the rescue!

wave

Sydney

(Edmond Rostand)
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Not me! But then again I have XY numbers of frustrating parts like this in my story, so I sympathize.
[Linked Image] Thank you.

For some reason I thought that was when you posted. Did this part come early?
A little. laugh

Not helping, Ruce.
clap

“That’s how I recognized them. They were just like I like them.”
Who knew he was into that? :p

Yes, where’s Jak while all this took place? Is HE behind this attack?
OMG! That would be a twist indeed.

About time he showed up!
Jor-El reeked of the cheapest peasant beer. wink

Security? There was SECURITY at this fiasco? Why do I see mass hangings at the SECURITY department soon?
Security reeked of the cheapest peasant beer. wink

Forget Nor, it was Ruce who was behind it! Remember those who aren’t taken and the heroes first on the scene are more likely to be suspects. Wait! That puts Kal in the suspect pool. Sneaky! I bet he set this up to be Heir! Only he set it up right after the wedding, when Lois was still acting all, well, mean. And the rest of this part is just an act. Oh, wait, I forgot, Kal can’t act. Never mind. Let’s go back to Ruce! He was trying to put everyone off by blaming Catira! It’s Ruce!
evil

A dozen? Wow! That’s a lot. This sounds like a well-organized, well-planned attack.
Yup.

Nothing against your favorite band, DC, but HOW many times do they have to say LEAVE US ALONE to mourn before it sinks in?
They just wanna help. laugh

Oh, no, his stubborn Clark side is starting to emerge.
And it's not going to leave anytime soon.

Thank you for giving Jor-El the backbone to stand up to his son and say the right thing here. He’s absolutely right. Kal’s being pigheaded and selfish (for a change).
You're welcome, I think. wink But yeah, Kal's starting to get stubborn...

So, we’ll never hear from Bilan again either?
It was like he'd been sucked into a black hole...

So, unlike on Earth, the moons set at night?
It's getting very, very late.

He’s stroking that evil beard he shaved off and wished he hadn’t for occasions like this.
Hoping that Scooby Doo is not on the case...

Terrified? Why would Ruce be terrified? Was he a suspect? Was that what was terrifying him? Did he realize that he’d never be as popular as Kal and his family? Is that what terrified him?
'Cause it would suck if his friends died? wink

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Sounds like someone needs a Marte hug.
[Linked Image] Group hug!!!!

Bilan! There must be news! And Par Whyt? Does Jor-El need to issue a statement? How about “Damn you, Damn you dirty apes!” Ooopps. Wrong genre. Sorry.
clap

Children? Um… Ruce, they were all old enough to be married.
Yes, but they'll always be his kids. (Coming from "the kids" as my in-laws and parents refer to my husband and me.)

Yeah, probably best not to let the general public know about how lax security measures used to be at the palace.
The next day, the palace was looted.

Um… if they were going to do that, they already would have.
Not necessarily.

Really? What have you been doing since the concert then? Using your telepathy? How’s that working for you, Jor?
Hmm...guess I didn't mention. Not telepathy in this story because I said so. [Linked Image]

Are they a regulated commodity or can anyone get gas canisters. Send them on to Dr. Klein and see if they left any DNA? Fingerprints? Oh, I forgot this is a backwards planet that respects people’s privacy over law and order.
You'll see...

You HAVE to accept newspaper delivery or else!
At least they don't have issues with their subscription numbers...

Actually, you can lose them and quite easily at that. <<ducking>>
[Linked Image] laugh

Okay, now, I get it. Ruce kidnapped them. That’s why he wasn’t taken. He’s jealous because he thought there had been something special between him and Kal. I mean Kal never used the concubines, even though he wasn’t married. He liked to hang out and exercise in the gym and work out with Ruce. Then Kal goes and gets married (which is why Ruce didn’t go to the wedding). For a while it was okay (when Lois was a big b*tch), because Ruce and Kal could still get together and work out his frustrations wrestling and stuff, but now that Kal likes her and they’re doing stuff, Ruce can’t handle it anymore. He kidnapped Ching and Zara, as a way to get Kal promoted to Heir. And well, Jai – he was just a decoy.
He misses all that special time hanging out with shirtless Kal, or even better, in the steam rooms.

Ohhh, even better idea! It's actuall Samm, pissed that Kal is treating his daughter like a human being!

Um… Beg to differ here. I believe I said above “Yes, Yes, you have.”
rotflol

So, in all of the centuries of this backwards planet, they’ve never had violence against the royal family before?
Peaceful for at least a thousand years, as gets mentioned later.

<<cough>> wrong planet <<cough>>
Plus, totally not enough cape-age going on here.

Yes, you do. Otherwise, this will happen to DC, or worse. I still have that guy with the ax on commission.
<peeks out window, sees black SUV people with ax guy watching the house, ducks and hides>

So, you're saying that I shouldn't kill anyone here...right? wink

Part 15, Lois’ POV? Or are you going to keep us in the dark on how Lois is bashing heads over at abduction central?
Part 16 goes to abduction central. laugh

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I have too agree with others on this one: Monday is the NEW Wednesday.

Repeat after us: Monday is the NEW Wednesday. Again! Again!

wave
rotflol I thought Wednesday was the new Wednesday? confused wink laugh

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Darth Michael:
<strong> /rushes in while covering eyes/
Today's Garfield:
[Linked Image]

/flees again until part is read/

thumbsup

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
As though he were some sort of superhero that should have been able to swoop in and save the day.
We need a superhero? I found one in a previous FDK (Lara Joelle Kent's FDK in Part 3):

[Linked Image]

Supercat to the rescue!

wave
That. Is. Awesome! Super Kitty to the resc...aww....he curled up in the sun and took a nap...

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Who knew he was into that?
[Linked Image] Oh, and Michael. laugh

It was like he'd been sucked into a black hole...
clap

Hoping that Scooby Doo is not on the case...
If Ruce is the Shaggy of this Scooby gang we be in BIG trouble because I'm thinking Velma got nabbed, Freddo.

The next day, the palace was looted.
Yep.

Never been an attempt on the ruling house before. At least, not in hundreds of years.
So, lax security then. Yep, Jor-El's fault.

Hmm...guess I didn't mention. Not telepathy in this story because I said so.
Yes, you had mentioned that, which is why Jor-El trying to use said telepathy didn't work so good. laugh

Ohhh, even better idea! It's actuall Samm, pissed that Kal is treating his daughter like a human being!
I was going to mention that Samm never showed up to the concert, but then again he NEVER shows up.

Plus, totally not enough cape-age going on here.
Next time Kal works out with the blue shirt and the red shorts, he really needs to bring the big red towel with him and Lois, and have her tell him what a good look it is for him. wink (Of course, she'd probably tell him to lose the shorts and shirt though and just keep the towel.)

<peeks out window, sees black SUV people with ax guy watching the house, ducks and hides>
Ax guy and tomatoes ONLY if Lois, Jai, Zara die. Ching's expendable as long as Zara carries her baby to term and its a boy (and only because this is a sexist culture). We don't want Kal-El and Lois to Rule Krytpon. sad

VirginiaR.
---
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard