Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
#85971 04/28/12 12:18 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Too bad Clark couldn't put glasses on a lipstick stain! I'm sure that would have kept him for giving his secret away.

When we get right down to the bottom layer, Lois has always been upset about anyone kissing either Clark or Superman. That was her lip territory only. SO, now that she knows the secret and she is ready to become his "secret" girlfriend, the only secret left is that Lois is in love with him too. I think all the way around, all the secrets were disolved in one evening.

Loved this!
Pat

#85972 04/28/12 10:57 AM
Kerth
Kerth
Hark! More feedback! I got a little misty-eyed when I came on this morning and saw that more people had dropped in to say 'hi'. wave

Amy - Glad I surprise you. smile

Mozart - Gah! I sat there wracking the few brain cells I have left because I know that I know your name. dance Let me put it this way, I came by for a snack and was treated with Thanksgiving dinner. sloppy

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis
#85973 04/28/12 11:55 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I have even a better idea from the readers POV. You need a sequel on the nfic side. There is nothing in this world like Sue nfic! eek eek eek
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
#85974 04/29/12 02:12 AM
Kerth
Kerth
Artemis - that's very sweet of you to say, but I don't think I can do an nfic on this one. That long story I'm trying to finish? It's an nfic and every spare dirty thought I have has to go towards that. smile

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Ides of Metropolis
#85975 04/29/12 04:28 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Well, in that case, since it's for a worthy cause... laugh Looking forward to your nfic.
r/
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
#85976 05/02/12 08:53 AM
Kerth
Kerth
Awwwwwwwwwwwwww! I loved this! So sweet and what a clever way for Lois to find out. Poor Clark didn't even realize the smooch was still there.

Off to read Lois' perspective!

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
#85977 05/03/12 03:32 AM
Kerth
Kerth
Artemis - Oh, yes. A very worthy cause. wink

Mouse - Thanks! I'm glad you liked the story. I'm a little nervous, though, because I haven't heard anything from you about the follow-up. <eep!>

I'm starting to think I overstretched. About half the people who admitted to reading the first one haven't said a thing about the sequel. blush mecry It's hard to catch lightning in a bottle, but this story certainly seemed to. Thank you!

Ides of Metropolis
#85978 05/08/12 03:48 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
The tone of her voice was just a shade too breezily casual to be a simple question.
I could *so* hear her voice too. laugh

In truth, he would have happily painted her entire apartment just to be able to spend that much time with her, but he didn't want her to know he was that big of a pushover.
Psst! Clark! She already knows that. wink

"Done?" Lois looked like that question had stung her. "I don't need anything done. Can't I ask you to hang out with me without it being an imposition?"
Ummm...yeah, Lois, when you ask in *that* tone you want something.

"How would you like to go see a movie with me?"
Date? hyper

He couldn't stop himself from making a face as he repeated, "Movie?"
Or not.

"That movie. In fact, it's the premiere. They sent me free tickets and arranged for a limo and everything. I wasn't going to go until I heard that Linda isn't playing me after all. Apparently she barely got a speaking role. I guess she's one of the people in the elevator that Superman rescued. The thought of her humiliation is just too tempting to pass up. God, I hope she squirms"
SO like her to go just to gloat! laugh

If the advance reviews were accurate, bad acting, terrible special effects and the insertion of a terrorist subplot involving the ambassador from Omir overshadowed any intrigue the movie might have had.
clap

"You should wipe that lipstick off your face before it leaves a scorch mark."
Oooh! I quite like this!

"You should wipe that lipstick off your face before it leaves a scorch mark."
OMG! She went to the bathroom during the movie and was replaced by a clone! eek

It was only after he had rapped lightly on her window that common sense kicked in and told him that this might be a bad idea.
<grin>

Her eyes narrowed and he wondered if he was being indicted for a crime he hadn't committed.
Ooooh!

For a split second Clark panicked as he realized he had just given specifics about a movie he supposedly hadn't seen.
I was about to say...

Lois had thrown herself at Superman on more than one occasion but apparently the irony was lost on her.
Yeah, but that's okay by her since it's *her*. <grin>

Lois stood up straighter. "What is your type?" she asked quietly.

Clark hesitated. There was a very clear line here and he was just as clearly about to cross it. "I think you already know."
Danger! Danger!

<sirens start to go Whoop! Whoop!>

Clark took a step closer to her, close enough now that they were almost touching. "If Superman could have a girlfriend, it would be you."
Danger! Danger!

<sirens start to go Whoop! Whoop!>

"Maybe you already are."
jawdrop

Their new proximity had him breathlessly aware of her and that form-fitting dress.
And that the suit hides *nothing*.

Clark realized that if he touched her again now he wouldn't stop. Not ever.
<checks board heading>

Darn. G-fic.

She'd push him backwards out the window if she knew the truth.
Ha!

"Do you love me?"
eek

Clark took a deep breath, steadying himself against the weight of the words he was about to say. He looked into her eyes, willing her to understand these were the truest words he'd ever tell her. "I love you."
<jaw hangs slack>

But...but...Oh Clark, you're screwing this up for your normal self, aren't you?

"And there's that whole truth I'd have to tell you first." It suddenly felt very important that she know the truth -- the whole truth.
Oooh!

Her eyes widened and she swallowed hard. "What if I already know the whole truth?"
Ooooh!

"Shh." Her fingers moved, caressing softly over his cheek. "I told you that lipstick was never going to come off."
<Claps>

Awesome! Oh Lois, you're evil for toying with Clark. But, I *so* approve of it!

<runs off to read the other segment of this>

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

#85979 05/09/12 03:44 AM
Kerth
Kerth
DC - Wow! Thank you for the long and lovely FDK! dance I feel slightly guilty now, though, because it's been a couple of weeks since I've been able to read Contractually. Stupid RL.
I could *so* hear her voice too.
and
*Nailed* her voice!
Thanks! To me there is no higher compliment than to hear that the characterization rang true for someone else. You've made my day!
<checks board heading>

Darn. G-fic.
blush Yeah… Originally I had him noticing a lot more about her, but I figured I'd better tone it down.
But...but...Oh Clark, you're screwing this up for your normal self, aren't you?
Oh, absolutely he is. I tried really hard to shade it so that it felt like he no longer had much (if any) choice about it.
Oh Lois, you're evil for toying with Clark. But, I *so* approve of it!
He's earned it. evil

Thanks for bringing this one back! laugh

Ides of Metropolis
#85980 05/09/12 06:49 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Sue! wave

No worries. I actually wanted to get to this story much earlier on, but between RL and finishing Contractually Bound, I just never got the time. So...we're even. laugh

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

#85981 05/09/12 05:07 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
<checks board heading>

Darn. G-fic.
Yeah… Originally I had him noticing a lot more about her, but I figured I'd better tone it down.
Don't you think this calls out for an expansion of the story on the nfic boards? I certainly do! (hint, hint!)

#85982 05/09/12 07:00 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by IolantheAlias:
<checks board heading>

Darn. G-fic.
Yeah… Originally I had him noticing a lot more about her, but I figured I'd better tone it down.
Don't you think this calls out for an expansion of the story on the nfic boards? I certainly do! (hint, hint!)
I second that motion!!! laugh

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

#85983 05/11/12 12:31 PM
Kerth
Kerth
Oh my heck! Two pages! wave

Thanks to everyone for two pages. I can scarcely contain my joy! sloppy

Ides of Metropolis
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard