Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Feedback goes here!

Corrina wave

Beat Reporter
Online Content
Beat Reporter
Hooray for Barry! And hooray for Lois sitting down to talk!

T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Just popping in to let you know I've been reading and enjoying this. And you totally made me laugh with:

Eddie groaned with what could have passed as sympathy. "Wanna come and veg out at the campus with me?" he said. "Five new Amiga 1000s arrived last week. They have *256* kilobytes of RAM. That'll totally take your mind off any woman."

"Wicked," Barry said, trying to sound appropriately impressed.
clap

I so remember those days! My first programming job was on an IBM PC with 128K RAM and a 30 Mb hard drive! I thought I could do anything with it. Very nice touch.

I just wonder if young Lois is going to poke around and learn something about Robert James' wife that will compromise her current situation. And the lead poisoning angle makes me think that Tempus is actually her boss at the hotel. Of course, that might very well be what you want us to think. So now I've got to figure out what you don't want us to think, because that's probably the real Tempus.

Or not. You're good at misdirection.

Excellent story, fun read. I can't wait to see how the three of them thwart the villain this time.

And Paul stinks! Boo Paul!

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh great job setting up the young Lois and our Clark meeting. I still don't see why Lois can't let her know she is OK from the other side of the door. Good job though. I can't wait to find out what Clark is willing to tell her. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Like Terry I'm just dropping a line to say good job! Keep it up.

Does anyone remember the IBM 5520? I do...(Shudder!) dizzy

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Features Writer
Features Writer
Great part! I love all of young Lois's reactions to Clark, how she's drawn to him but fights it--exactly like we know Lois to do. Great line about him being an unmovable pillar.

I'm glad Barry is seeming to be a good guy, but that just makes me more curious about who Tempus is. If he even shows himself. On the one hand, it's his personality to be a bit flamboyant, but on the other hand, if he really is getting desperate, he might be laying low. Looking forward to finding out the truth!

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
hyper
Cheers
Elizabeth

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Great chapter!

But I wonder, if it's lead poisoning, why just Lois is being affected? Is there lead in her apartment, too?

Glad to see that Barry seems to be a good guy. He likes Lois and worries about her, although she ignores him most of the time. sad Bad Lois.

Andreia

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
From part 9:
You think they've gone *this* weekend?" Clark said with surprise.
I just realized I got terribly confused. From Young Lois’s POV, Paul and Linda always planned on going this weekend. And Young Lois told Clark that Paul would be in town this weekend. But when did Clark learn Paul’s away this weekend? Or should have been away the next weekend? I very likely forgot something… goofy

"We are hosting the Young Editors' Association. Is that the right one?"

"Yes," Lois said, feeling her excitement build.

"The delegates are just arriving in the main hall for breakfast. Did you want to speak to someone?"
/imagines this being fancy speak for “The spring-break-like beach party has just started and the rowdy crowd’s assembled around the belly-shot bar.”

"I'll check. She is the one who informed me that Mr Bender couldn't come to the phone."
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Amy Barry. Uhm. Perhaps he's a good guy. wink

Terry How wonderful to hear from you, Terry. I've missed reading your comments on the boards. And as a bonus, you're reading my fic!

I can't wait to see how the three of them thwart the villain this time.
Three of them - yes. But possibly not the three you're thinking!

Laura Young Lois is a bit volatile. They're handling her with care so she doesn't blow up!

Morgana I didn't have much to do with computers in the early days. When my husband did 'computer programming' in high school, he had to send cards away to the nearest university (70 miles) and get them back for the next lesson, because the school had no computers.

AntiK In the early stories of this series, Lois didn't really fight her attraction too much - not like canon. Also she wasn't really snarky with him. I couldn't let Clark escape completely, so now he's having to deal with a Lois that's a little less refined than the one he met. laugh

Elizabeth

Oooh, it's getting really good now! So much so, that I'm wanting the gap between posting of the chapters to be shortened! Please?
For whatever reason, this story seemed to need a long, slow build up. Thanks for sticking with me through it.

Posting? This fic is finished. However the next story is still in tatters. The only reason I'm not posting more quickly is because I anticipate there will be a break between LA 16 and Part 1 of the next story, and I'm trying to keep it short. However, if you're willing to accept there will be a delay between stories, I can speed up the posting on this story.

Andreia Good questions. And good insight on Young Lois.

Michael

I just realized I got terribly confused. From Young Lois’s POV, Paul and Linda always planned on going this weekend. And Young Lois told Clark that Paul would be in town this weekend. But when did Clark learn Paul’s away this weekend? Or should have been away the next weekend? I very likely forgot something…
In Part 2 or 3 (Friday afternoon), Paul announced he was going away for the weekend. Linda agreed to go with him. Young Lois arranged for 'Robert' to meet Paul before she knew about the trip, but she had no intention of telling Paul anyway. (There's one small line - Robert asks if Paul will be there, Lois *says* 'yes' but thinks 'not on a Saturday'.)

When she discovers that Robert is in her hotel, she realises she doesn't need to track him (from the supposed meeting to wherever he is living) and decides to reschedule the bogus meeting to within her work hours to give her a chance to check on Robert's wife.

Clark knows nothing about Paul and Linda's trip until Lois finds the address and phone number on Paul's desk, gets Clark to check their apartments and finds them empty, and does a Lois Lane Leap to suspect they are away *this* weekend.

Is that *any* clearer? dizzy

Good questions re timing. wink

Yes. It would make the business appear as if it provided extra items on the room service menu.
Have you hacked my files, Michael?

Thanks for the comments!

Corrina.

Beat Reporter
Online Content
Beat Reporter
My new bet is that it's Linda. wink

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Thanks. So it really just is the Leap smile

Have you hacked my files, Michael?
/shifty eyes/ People keep accusing me of it wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard