Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
L
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
L
Each chapter, you'll find out how someone else's day went. Next up: Cat's day.

Thoughts?

Kerth
Kerth
wave

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Poor Lois! clap What a horrible day! Clark disappearing. Babysitting brats (she really shouldn't have given them the money until the end of her stint at babysitting, if she wanted them to behave better... She needs to work on her skills at blackmailing children into better behavior... <<cough, cough>> not that I know anything about that. laugh blush ) Being caught snooping by a mobster. Then return to DP to find out that her story isn't above the fold, but Cat's story is! And to top it off (and I'm guessing this places the story pre-PML) she catches Superman and Cat making out over the bullpen, before she's had a chance to lip-lock the man!

I couldn't see Superman saying to Lois, "I can explain..." That sounds more like Clark. I can't see Superman betting with Cat or compromising his morals with Cat to get something in return... I'm dying to know how Cat tricked him into the kiss. Unless she knows CK=S... Hmmmm.

Jimmy hitting the mobsters with the cookie pan. clap Hillarious!

/psst. I think you have a typo in this line:

She walked to work with C lark and chatted with him

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Superman can give an explanation ! I really wonder what that can be! Will hé be able to live another day? wink

Columnist
Columnist
Uh oh!! Gotta read the rest of this for sure!

.talk nerdy to me.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Battle for The Man of Steel:

Cat Grant 1

Lois Lane 0

Enough said! hyper

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Is it too soon to ask when the next part's posting? hyper

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Columnist
Columnist
Originally posted by VirginiaR:
Is it too soon to ask when the next part's posting? hyper
I second that!

.talk nerdy to me.
L
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
L
Thanks for the comments. A few questions will be answered in chapter two, but I hope I can keep you guessing until the final chapter. Chapter two should be posted sometime today, for those of you who are asking.

Originally posted by VirginiaR:
/psst. I think you have a typo in this line:

She walked to work with C lark and chatted with him
Thanks. smile I fixed it.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
The tale of the day Cat Grant got a kiss from Superman, told through the perspectives of Lois Cat, and Clark.
*waits for Mount Lois to erupt in fire* clap

Lois’ jaw dropped. When she found out who Lucy was babysitting for and asked to take her place for a day, Lucy had tried to warn her not to do it, but she hadn’t explained just how bad these kids were. Lois was completely shocked.
And there it is!

She just couldn’t let this chance at getting the dirt on one of Metropolis’ most infamous mobsters slip through her fingers, though.
Knew it!

“If you tell your Daddy you like me now, I’ll let you have this.” She held out two fifty dollar bills.
LOIS!

“If you bake us cookies, too, it’s a deal,” Anna replied.

“Fine,” Lois relented.
Uh-oh! Lois is going to send the kids to the ER with her cooking, isn't she?

“No, it’s not Cat. Why would she be calling you?” Lois asked.

“No reason,” Jimmy replied uncomfortably
clap Go Jimmy!!!

Lois whistled as she entered the Daily Planet, walking side-by-side with Jimmy. She was very pleased with how this story had gone. It had everything. Murder, mobsters, and even Superman. It was a good candidate for a Kerth Award, and it was sure to make the front page.
Ah, the important things in life. Plus, she's alive.

“No,” Perry replied. “Of all the people to bring in a hot story, it was the last person I expected. Cat Grant!”
Um...I don't think a story on the brand of underwear that Lex Luthor wears qualifies as a great story, Perry.

Cat just didn’t make sense.
I concur!

He held Cat Grant in his arms, and he was giving her a passionate kiss. Lois couldn’t believe her eyes.
CLARK!

“Lois?” he said as he sat Cat back on the ground. He looked a little rattled that Lois had seen him, but not as rattled as Lois looked. “I can explain this, really!”
Oh he BETTER explain!

Looking forward to reading more!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

L
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
L
Thanks for the feedback, Deadly Chakram. smile

Originally posted by Deadly Chakram:
rotflol (Christopher Reeves reference by any chance?)
I was actually thinking about George Reeves, TV's first Superman, when I wrote it, but it works for both of them. See if you can spot the other Superman cast member whose name is used in chapter 2. smile

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard