Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
KathyM Offline OP
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Ooh, it's up, it's up! Off to read the segment! dance Then I'll be back. Hopefully I'll still be dancing... Things have got to be looking up, right?

OK, I'm back, and to echo Terry, who posted while I was still reading... NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CC, I swear that you're going to kill me here. Doubling up on the BP medicine wasn't enough - my heart literally stopped beating at least twice during that segment. And now I'm just supposed to calmly wait until Friday?????

Well, despite my worries that if I die on the spot while reading it my son may panic since my husband is in Europe and difficult to contact, I loved it. How can I not? The scene in the conference room definitely scared several years off of my life, but hey, I never wanted to live to 100 anyway... And they needed to know that, both of them. They had already established before that they could tell the difference between their counterparts, but they needed to see that they weren't, in fact, interchangeable.

“Do you know how many lost kittens Superman has found homes for in the last few weeks?”
Loved this!

The Loises were switched "a few weeks ago" now. Will Lois be starting to show by now, especially since her figure is so slender?

I *loved* the conversation with Clark and Lane where they were talking about their hoped-for reunions with the ones they're meant to be with, but then it was eclipsed by the wonderful scene at STAR Labs. Oh, CC, you write Bernie so well! notworthy notworthy That entire scene - Bernie's longing to go (or at least watch!), alt-Clark's determination to go as Clark, not Superman - is absolutely masterful.

“I can’t thank you enough for that. When I get back, we’ll do the oxygen deprivation experiment, ok?”

“You’re just...saying that,” Bernie sniffed loudly. “To cheer me up.”
Oh, poor Bernie!

And then, when we actually have the joy of all 4 of them in the same room (she did it, Lynn!), the first moments of reunion where everything starts to be put right for both worlds...CC, you just wham us again! How the heck did he get there *so* fast? But there are two Supermen there to kick his butt, all the way back to Utopia, I hope... laugh Yeah, yeah, I know they *still* can't do that, but I'm going to live on those images for a while. Friday is two whole days away...

Kathy

"Our thoughts form the universe. They always matter." - Babylon 5
Blogger
Blogger
AUGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
wildguy wildguy wildguy wildguy
jawdrop

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
NONONNOONONONONONONOOOO!!! You can't stop *there*!>!>! :rolleyes:

what an evil author you are. I loved this section, but what I need now is some good revenge-ful violence. The Clarks can hold Tempus down while the Loises go to work eviscerating him. Or something like that.....

Top Banana
Top Banana
<sigh!> Thank you CC, for giving me my wish to see all of the Loises and Clarks together in one spot. I just can't wait to see how they all interact with each other. But I have to tell you that I feel so sorry for you - trying to write about two Clarks and two Loises without getting them all tangled up has got to be really hard <g>.

Yeah, my heart was pounding at the beginning when Clark still wanted to kiss Lane. You did an excellent job getting him out of that whole thing - I really believed the attraction between them was too real and then breathed a sigh of relief along with them when they discovered that it just wasn't the same.

Excellent story, CC. I can't wait to read the end.
smile
Lynn

You know that boy'd walk on water for you? Or he'd drown tryin'. -Perry White to Lois in Just Say Noah
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Wow. Well it sounds like once they take care of Tempus that they will have a few things to straighten out. The kiss Clark and Lane had for one. Then Lane and her Clark need to get it together. Plus wouldn't it be nice to know in someway that Lois's child is her Clarks. Maybe H.G. Wells could soul trace it or something as proof. Lois will have to forgive the stray kisses and understand it considering her background. But I can see her being pissed off inicially. They were already in an intimate relationship when he did that little cheat. Lois's past is different. Her and Clark were only starting before she went missing. She married the other Clark. She wasn't cheating on her Clark in that respect. It is complicated because what could of happened if they did not get back together for a year or so. Would Clark and Lane ended up getting together despite not being soul mates? Would Clark and Loes have gotten back together? How long would they all have waited before slipping? Maybe they have to have an agreement about universe hopping and being stranded. Anyway great job, I am looking forward to the finish. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
G
Columnist
Columnist
G
Tempus showed up! mad I can't believe it.

There they are the two couples; they understand how they feel about their alternate partners and their own partners. It all makes sense.

Brilliant Bernie fixes the device and it's a delightful part to read.

Clark and Lane have a great relationship, but they see their real partners.

All this is wonderful, and I see Lane and her Clark pressing the buttons and returning to their own universe and you have to go and bring back Tempus. He sneaks up on them. Bad. Very bad.

And I love it...

gerry

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Wonderful section, CC!! I loved Lois' suggestion that Clark throw away her stuff and make room for Lane. Atta girl!

And... and... Argh!!!!!!!! wildguy wildguy wildguy We were all set for waffy reunions and then you had to throw Tempus back in the mix! Maybe the Clarks can trussed him up faster than you can say 'time window' and send him off into oblivion in another universe and time - far away from them, preferably having him land on a red ant pile or something quite painful.

Anyway, excellent post and can't wait until Friday!!

Missy

Kerth
Kerth
Nice post CC smile

The dialogues were really interesting wink ...

bad place to cut :p

JOse smile1

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Very, very busy day, CC, so far more brief than I would like...

YAAYYY!!!! razz mad

Kathy said it all for me. That's exactly my reaction. I loved the outcome of the conference-room kiss! Loved altClark being so protective of Lois, too. Grrr at Clark for being nasty to altClark, especially when he knew he was doing wrong.

And as for Tempus... razz ) get together properly.

Roll on Friday!! I don't suppose you'd take pity on us and post it tomorrow instead? Please???

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. goofy

Without thinking he demanded, “Take your hands off of her.” Not exactly how he’d planned on saying hello. And certainly not a greeting that did him, or the understanding he had reached with Lane during the previous weeks, credit.

His counterpart was eyeing him coolly, making no real move to obey his command.

“You ok, sweetheart?” he asked softly, throwing Clark a somewhat challenging stare. Clark went stiff at the endearment, at the familiarity of it, and all that went with it.

“Clark?” Lois asked. “Are you here? Did we make it?”

Only then did his counterpart let her go, so that Clark could pull her freely into his arms. Clark knew exactly which Clark she meant. Who she was asking for. He knew it instinctively, and his heart sang with the knowledge.

“Right here, honey,” he barely managed, wrapping her into his embrace. “You made it. You’re home.”
Poor Lane left a side like a dog. :rolleyes:

The moment was erased by Tempus.

Clark could never explain it later, and neither could his counterpart, though they would try. How he had snuck up on them both so completely.
How he got in the apartment with Clark super hearing? confused

Get back here! hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Loved the last few lines.

Time for WHAMS!

Tank (who wonders if anyone winds up with the proper person)

Top Banana
Top Banana
OH --- MY --- G-D!!!!!!!!!!!! jawdrop

Well CC I must apologize for not posting feedback on the past two parts, but you had me along for the ride, loving every single word of it and now THIS!!

I am dizzy with the details but I will say this...I usually hate WHAMS, but I think that I'm looking forward to this!! Enter - TEMPUS!

PLEASE POST PART 10 NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

~Liz laugh

Lois: Can I go?
Clark: No.
Lois: Oh come on, Clark, why do we go through this? We both know I’m going to go.
Clark: Then why do you ask?
Lois: I’m trying to be nice.
Merriwether
Merriwether
The moment was erased by Tempus.

Clark could never explain it later, and neither could his counterpart, though they would try. How he had snuck up on them both so completely.
[Linked Image] I apologize greatly to all the other readers. But after that, I really have no choice. Likes windows, does she?

Oh, CC? Please repeat after me: defenestration. Now take a step backwards. One more . . .

[Linked Image]

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard