Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#8319 11/25/03 03:30 PM
Karen Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Well, it's done. (See, Wendy, I posted!) So, let me know what you think?

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Aw that was sooo sweet. Very nice story. Sniff sniff<g> Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Merriwether
Merriwether
That was beautiful, Karen. 'Scuse me while I whinging

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Awww! I love it, Karen! Still love it now. wink And I really like that final section you added - that did the trick perfectly. thumbsup

I hadn't realised that 'Lee' was your brother when I BRed this. Sometimes writing fic can be a nice - bittersweet, but helpful - way of expressing emotions about real-life events, and I'm glad you were able to do that.

A timely reminder that not everyone is lucky enough to have their loved ones around for Christmas - but also that miracles sometimes do happen. wink Nice!!

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Top Banana
Top Banana
Karen,

Very well written. This really could have been horribly sad or maudlin -and you avoided that entirely. Instead portraying real emotion in such a genuine and gentle way.

And knowing who the story "really" is about gave me a huge lump in my throat.

As a military spouse for a number of years, I can only say that I know exactly how you feel, and if Superman isn't good for some wishful thinking, then I don't know who is! You put him to good use here.

Godspeed to your brother and nice writing, Karen.

CC

You mean we're supposed to have lives?

Oh crap!

~Tank
J
jwb Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
J
What a great story to start the day! I can only imagine how hard it would be for Clark and Lois to decide who to grant the wishes to. I can see Clark breaking his own "only 10 kids" rule.

Thanks for sharing.

--
Jeff
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
laugh

Thanks for sharing, and God bless you and your brothers.

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Beautiful. drool

MAF hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Karen

A lovely story! Very well-written! smile1

Tricia cool

Top Banana
Top Banana
That was lovely, Karen. A very nice idea that was written superb. smile

Hope everything works out for your brother!

Saskia

I tawt I taw a puddy cat!
Merriwether
Merriwether
Catching up with what I missed while I was out of town this week ... excellent story, Karen! You did a very nice job with it ... sweet and cute, yet touching, too.

Thanks for posting it for us. I really enjoyed it. smile

Kathy

Features Writer
Features Writer
Karen
sweet story and wonderfully written
merry

Karen Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Wow. Sorry it took me awhile to get back to you guys, but I was out of town visiting my brothers for the weekend, then I just didn't know what to say! While I was there, I let my family read it. Timmy cried (he was tired and emotional, but it still made me feel bad.. I was trying to make it better!) and Jim said it was good, but thought I'd get into trouble for using copyrighted characters. Dad didn't say anything, but I saw him bookmark it. laugh

I'm not good at responding to things, so I'm sorry if I'm disjointed. smile Thank you all for your wonderful comments and good thoughts. I was afraid to post at first, considering how much of my own family is in it. I'm glad I did, though. All of your comments gave me the warm fuzzies. Thank you all so much. blush

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Very sweet and touching story, Karen. I had big, fat tears in my eyes when I read it. whinging

And funny too! smile

Thanks for sharing.

Lois: Well, I like my quirks. I think they make me unique.
Clark: You certainly are unique.

Clark: You're high maintenance, you know that?
Lois: But I'm worth it!
Karen Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Hi, everyone, I just wanted to post a quick update. Someone, somewhere, is full of Christmas cheer. My brother Jim isn't being deployed until January now. As a result, I have my whole family home for Christmas.

I just hope that all of your Christmases are as happy as mine is today. And not as frustrating! (Brothers, can't live with them, can't kill them and bury them in the back yard! wink )

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Karen, I'm sorry it took me such a long time to read it. I just saw the comments thread, and thought "hey, I missed that one!" so I went back to read it.

It was very beautiful. I loved it very much.

Merry Christmas.
AnnaBtG.

What we've got here is failure to communicate...

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard