Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: Karen Comments - Christmas Wishes - 11/25/03 07:30 PM
Well, it's done. (See, Wendy, I posted!) So, let me know what you think?
Posted By: Laurach Re: Comments - Christmas Wishes - 11/25/03 09:33 PM
Aw that was sooo sweet. Very nice story. Sniff sniff<g> Laura
Posted By: rivka Re: Comments - Christmas Wishes - 11/25/03 10:12 PM
That was beautiful, Karen. 'Scuse me while I whinging
Posted By: Wendymr Re: Comments - Christmas Wishes - 11/26/03 04:18 AM
Awww! I love it, Karen! Still love it now. wink And I really like that final section you added - that did the trick perfectly. thumbsup

I hadn't realised that 'Lee' was your brother when I BRed this. Sometimes writing fic can be a nice - bittersweet, but helpful - way of expressing emotions about real-life events, and I'm glad you were able to do that.

A timely reminder that not everyone is lucky enough to have their loved ones around for Christmas - but also that miracles sometimes do happen. wink Nice!!

Wendy smile
Posted By: CC Aiken Re: Comments - Christmas Wishes - 11/26/03 04:51 AM
Karen,

Very well written. This really could have been horribly sad or maudlin -and you avoided that entirely. Instead portraying real emotion in such a genuine and gentle way.

And knowing who the story "really" is about gave me a huge lump in my throat.

As a military spouse for a number of years, I can only say that I know exactly how you feel, and if Superman isn't good for some wishful thinking, then I don't know who is! You put him to good use here.

Godspeed to your brother and nice writing, Karen.

CC
Posted By: jwb Re: Comments - Christmas Wishes - 11/26/03 05:30 AM
What a great story to start the day! I can only imagine how hard it would be for Clark and Lois to decide who to grant the wishes to. I can see Clark breaking his own "only 10 kids" rule.

Thanks for sharing.
Posted By: ChiefPam Re: Comments - Christmas Wishes - 11/26/03 05:41 AM
laugh

Thanks for sharing, and God bless you and your brothers.

PJ
Posted By: mariadferdez. Re: Comments - Christmas Wishes - 11/26/03 12:46 PM
Hi,

Beautiful. drool

MAF hyper
Posted By: TriciaW Re: Comments - Christmas Wishes - 11/27/03 02:00 AM
Karen

A lovely story! Very well-written! smile1

Tricia cool
Posted By: Saskia Re: Comments - Christmas Wishes - 11/27/03 03:03 AM
That was lovely, Karen. A very nice idea that was written superb. smile

Hope everything works out for your brother!

Saskia
Posted By: KathyB Re: Comments - Christmas Wishes - 11/29/03 08:27 PM
Catching up with what I missed while I was out of town this week ... excellent story, Karen! You did a very nice job with it ... sweet and cute, yet touching, too.

Thanks for posting it for us. I really enjoyed it. smile

Kathy
Posted By: merry Re: Comments - Christmas Wishes - 11/30/03 05:39 PM
Karen
sweet story and wonderfully written
merry
Posted By: Karen Re: Comments - Christmas Wishes - 12/02/03 04:58 PM
Wow. Sorry it took me awhile to get back to you guys, but I was out of town visiting my brothers for the weekend, then I just didn't know what to say! While I was there, I let my family read it. Timmy cried (he was tired and emotional, but it still made me feel bad.. I was trying to make it better!) and Jim said it was good, but thought I'd get into trouble for using copyrighted characters. Dad didn't say anything, but I saw him bookmark it. laugh

I'm not good at responding to things, so I'm sorry if I'm disjointed. smile Thank you all for your wonderful comments and good thoughts. I was afraid to post at first, considering how much of my own family is in it. I'm glad I did, though. All of your comments gave me the warm fuzzies. Thank you all so much. blush
Posted By: Xanabee Re: Comments - Christmas Wishes - 12/03/03 01:07 AM
Very sweet and touching story, Karen. I had big, fat tears in my eyes when I read it. whinging

And funny too! smile

Thanks for sharing.
Posted By: Karen Re: Comments - Christmas Wishes - 12/24/03 11:30 AM
Hi, everyone, I just wanted to post a quick update. Someone, somewhere, is full of Christmas cheer. My brother Jim isn't being deployed until January now. As a result, I have my whole family home for Christmas.

I just hope that all of your Christmases are as happy as mine is today. And not as frustrating! (Brothers, can't live with them, can't kill them and bury them in the back yard! wink )
Posted By: Anna B. the Greek Re: Comments - Christmas Wishes - 12/25/03 03:32 PM
Karen, I'm sorry it took me such a long time to read it. I just saw the comments thread, and thought "hey, I missed that one!" so I went back to read it.

It was very beautiful. I loved it very much.

Merry Christmas.
AnnaBtG.
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards