Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
A taste of Chapter 10, Part 4...

Clark had spent all week trying to figure out the perfect birthday gift for his wife. He had to make up for blowing it the previous year. And it had to be better than the other Clark’s gift of his Mom’s wedding ring. Lois had also tried to tell him once what the other Clark had gotten the other Lois for Christmas last year, but he hadn’t wanted to listen. Argh. That man must be the best gift giver ever.

He ground his teeth together. How he hated competing against that man for Lois’s affections. Clark knew that was not what he was doing. He had Lois’s love. She had told him so. Over and over and over, again. Even if it was just one percent of her heart that the other Clark claimed, it was still too much. Damn it! It felt like he was competing for his wife’s love. If he hadn’t messed up so badly last year…

Clark called his mom for advice, under the guise of telling her they were coming out that weekend. “Mom, what can I get the most perfect woman in the world for her birthday, when I screwed up and forgot her birthday last year?”

“Humility.”

“Very funny, Mom,” he groaned.

“Lois is not perfect, Clark. She’s human. All she wants is your love. Give her that and she’ll be happy.”

Thank you, Mom, for the non-specific extremely vague advice. “She’s mad at me,” he admitted.

“Uh-oh. What did you do, now?” his mom asked. Why was it always his fault when Lois was mad?

“That’s the thing, Mom. I don’t know.” Clark shook his head. “I don’t know.”

It all started after their conversation about Lois’s birthday from the previous year. He thought that they had forgiven each other and moved on. Apparently not.
Please post comments here. Thank you.

Missing Lois - TOC

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
Oh boy - I think Jimmy's figured out that Clark is Superman! Hope he can be discrete about it.

How sweet that Lois' memory of the alt-world might direct McTinney to his true love.

Joan

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ditto to what Joan said. I like that the mistake she made, made someone else very happy. I wonder what Jimmy will do with the information. I hope Clark gets over the other Superman thing. It would be worse if she fell for someone else in that dimension and not his duplicate. laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Despite the well-documented contempt that some other authors have for Jimmy, I, for one, feel that he will be capable of keeping the Secret.

Maybe. laugh

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Joan & Laura: Jimmy. cool Glad you liked Gareth's cameo. laugh

IolantheAlias: Hmmm. Jimmy with a secret. There are worst things that could happen to him. Maybe he just doesn't believe it's true. wink

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Michael: I figured you've been busy with doing your homework for writing all those Kerth Quizes coming up, so no need to hide from me. wink

Well, she still got 10 more parts to do it.
Oh, dear, am I getting all predictable again?

/whispers, that’s Gareth talking and not Lois, and he doesn’t want to call himself on the phone.
/Psst. I know that, but I'm a comma slut and it just looks wrong without a comma. laugh Thank you, I'll fix.

What? Clark worried about an apparently still eligible guy with a very British accent?
Hhhmmm. I wonder what Clark would have been like if baby Kal-El had landed on a farm somewhere outside of Kent... England. shock And there’s actually enough time… Huh, wadayaknow. </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Good thing he's got super speed.

So, like her Mommy, she is used to falling from heights and likes being caught by Superman?
Like Mommy, she's a adrenaline junkie.

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I figured you've been busy with doing your homework for writing all those Kerth Quizes coming up, so no need to hide from me.
Umm...yeah... Need to do Best Comedy today blush

Oh, dear, am I getting all predictable again?
/imagines getting truly shocked if Lois where to die/institutionalized in the final part

/Psst. I know that, but I'm a comma slut and it just looks wrong without a comma.
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Darth Michael:
Umm...yeah... Need to do Best Comedy today blush
/Psst... GEM just posted to the Archive today. laugh

/imagines getting truly shocked if Lois where to die/institutionalized in the final part
Gee, who told you I was a female Tank?

/imagines Clark and H.G.Wells sitting down for some afternoon tie and biscuits.
And Clark does like his interesting ties. peep

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
/Psst... GEM just posted to the Archive today.
Congratulations! Now we have one easy nomination for next year. Not so easy on the quote-picking for the quiz, though. And, on the far-off chance that I manage to do a comedy-eligible vignette this year, I probably won't be doing the comedy quiz next season.

And on an unrelated note: just 32k more and it would have been a firm round number wink

Also, Corrina got her vignette uploaded, too, today. So, which one will be longer, ML or TMTY?

Michael

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Darth Michael:
Congratulations! Now we have one easy nomination for next year. Not so easy on the quote-picking for the quiz, though. And, on the far-off chance that I manage to do a comedy-eligible vignette this year, I probably won't be doing the comedy quiz next season.

And on an unrelated note: just 32k more and it would have been a firm round number wink

Also, Corrina got her vignette uploaded, too, today. So, which one will be longer, ML or TMTY?

Michael
Let's see, GEM was 37ish parts and almost 1000 KB. ML is roughly 3 x as long... So, I'm thinking I still have her beat by a KB or two. Anyway, I thought the Kerths were to when the stories were submitted to the Archive, not posted.

Of course, on a side note, if it took from Oct to Jan to get Corrina's story GE'd and I still have three chapters to review before passing it on to LabRat (I'm hoping to get it done before the end of Jan)... I'm not seeing ML on the Archives until late spring, early summer. Sigh. By that time maybe I'll have hopefluly finished the part or two on my new Alt-Clark Triology and started posting it. You guys, will just have to deal with groan-awful cutting room floor story for now. (And my first contrabution to next year's comedy awards)

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Re Kerths:
Yeah, that's true. /waits for official list/ Also, even if it wouldn't be part of the automatic list, as long as it got the 'end' tag applied before light's out on Silvester, it's still eligible, if asked to be put on the list.

wave Michael

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard