Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
A taste of Chapter 9, Part 11...

Dr. Friskin opened her office door. “Mr. and Mrs. Kent.”

Lois was still furious at him. How many times did she have to tell him she was sorry? She marched into Dr. Friskin’s office. Clark followed behind her slowly.

“I’m glad you changed your mind, Mr. Kent.”

“Please, call me Clark.”

Lois looked at him. Changed his mind? About what? She sat down in a chair and Clark sat down next to her.

“Where do you think the biggest problem lies? Lois?”

“He doesn’t trust me,” she replied, looking down.

Clark shrugged as if saying that was true. Great. Hit the nail on the head with the first answer.

“Clark?”

“Honesty. I need to know she isn’t keeping anything from me. That she isn’t lying to me anymore.”

The nerve of that man. “Me? I’m not the only one with secrets in this relationship, Clark.”

Her husband gulped. “There is still so much you haven’t told me… about your trip to visit…” He pretended to cough. “My brother.”

“Did you ever think that maybe I haven’t told you some things because I need more time?” She raised her eyebrows at him. He wasn’t the only one who needed space. Only she needed it between her and her memories.

Clark closed his eyes. He didn’t believe her. “We can’t move forward until you tell me, Lois.”

“I can’t,” she whispered, clenching her hands together in her lap. How could she tell him that she almost died the day Lara was born? That she needed a pint of Ultra Woman blood just to be alive? That she had gone crazy again and almost shot Lex Luthor and son? That she got so depressed that she became skin and bones and couldn’t return to him, because she had changed so drastically physically? That a small part of her still loved the other Clark when she returned home to him that she had even kissed him the day she returned? How could she ever speak about that newspaper photo and the article about what happened to her and Lara after they died… when Clark hadn’t come home? There were just some things she could never share with him.
Thank you for reading. As always, please post comments here.

Missing Lois - TOC

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I am reading but not commenting a lot. So far I like it. Sometimes I am a little confused but for the most part I am following along. I am terrible at critiquing and I hate to type so if once in a while I give you a thumbs up, you'll know I am still with you. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Laurach: laugh I'll take a thumbs up thumbsup anytime. Thank you for reading. The confusion should be less now that we're back in canon dimension.

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yes, it did get very confusing what with canon Clone Lois, canon Lois, alt-Lois, alt-Clone Lois, and Past Canon Lois and Future Canon Lois all in the same fic.

Plus Ultra Woman, being played by canon Lois and alt-Lois.

Plus Lucy El, also being played both by canon Lois and alt-Lois.
laugh

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
IonatheAlias: Thank you for that reminder. I really didn't strive to make a confusing story... blush It just worked out that way. wink

VirginiaR.
---
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Just wanted to say that I am totally impressed by your plotting skills and your ability to keep all these Loises separate. Well done.

S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
This was funny:

“It’s been so long since I’ve been kidnapped, I’m beginning to feel that the bad guys don’t care anymore.”
I'm wondering what Bruce Wayne is up to. He would make a formidable enemy. At this point, it's hard to tell which side he's on.

I like what you're doing with Penny. I can see her being impressed by Bruce Wayne.

Joan

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
“Mommy, meet your son,” he said, showing his wife the puckered face of the newborn as he passed their baby to her. Their son had their dark hair.
Awwwwwwwwwwww…

“Aww, isn’t this heartwarming?” said a familiar voice from the doorway. A man dressed in surgical scrubs and mask entered the room. He lowered his mask and pointed some sort of aerosol spray can towards them.
Oh, look at that!

As he told her before, he could only help the rest of the world when he knew she was safe. That still held true.
So long as he’s honest to himself the rest of the time…

“I’m fine now. You can go.” She pushed away from him and went to lie back down.
“Either you stay permanently, or you can just leave.”

“Trask kidnapped our newborn son,” she whispered.

Clark froze, stiff as a board. “We have a son?” He swallowed. She had had twins?
Ummm…

The son is twenty, twenty-one now. A junior at Met U., English lit. major. He’s into theater and renaissance fairs. It doesn’t exactly scream vendetta psycho to me.”
goofy

“And I insist you call me Bruce.”

“Well, Mr. Wayne, you want to tell me the truth now?
laugh

“Your husband is a jealous man.”

“Yes, he is.”
laugh

“I needed to prove to him I was a different kind of billionaire philanthropist than he was used to dealing with. Guarantee him that his wife wouldn’t be charmed by my handsome face and all my money. That he had nothing to fear from me on that front.”
So, he tried to obviously turn her off of him? Like that never backfires.

“Aww. Were you planning on abducting me?” Lois yawned. “It’s been so long since I’ve been kidnapped, I’m beginning to feel that the bad guys don’t care anymore.”
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Joan: I'm glad you like Penny. I do too. The ambiguous Bruce makes him for a more interesting character. The reader knows he's essentially a good guy, but he's not really good at getting that point across to the Kents.

Michael: And Five! Yep, you're definitely going to finish FDK before I can catch up. I'm in the middle of editing Ch 6 at the moment and you only have 15-ish parts left. (I'm forcing myself to finish working on ML, but I'd rather move on to greener pastures / stories, which is a lot more fun -- for me! But if I don't work on ML now and send it on to LabRat, I'll never do it. So, I'm writing one day, editing the next. My next drama story - the first draft - is already 9 parts long; oh, and I also snuck in and wrote a scene for the sequel to ML, but so far it isn't even long enough for an entire part.)

Oh, look at that!
Oh, dear, my Trask dreams are getting predictable.

So long as he’s honest to himself the rest of the time…
He loves her, he wants her to be safe, he simply doesn't trust her at the moment.

“Either you stay permanently, or you can just leave.”
Well, he started it by moving out! She didn't want him to feel pressured into staying. (Plus, maybe a bit of reverse psychology.)

Still denying instead of ignoring the problem?
How exactly would Lois 'ignore' the problem?

Poison Ivy’s into plants, not technology, although, Technical Fields could mean labs and stuff, too…
That would be the latter.

Like she tried with her extended weekend with Alt-Clark?
Okay, so she's still a little angry with Clark.

So, he tried to obviously turn her off of him? Like that never backfires.
He had a 50/50 chance.

/imagines Batman starting interviews with “I may have hit the guy but I’m a good guy.”
clap "I only dented him a little bit!" Batman is still fairly new on the scene for my story.

Well, Jimmy’s the same, so…
Yeah, what's up with those two...

Is he worried that the Kryptonite damaged him?
Actually, no.

Yeah, that must have really thrown him off the Clark is Superman bit.
I hear that Bruce is good at looking at the entire picture, not just little corners that people show him.

Clever truth.
Yeah, sometimes hanging out with Clark rubs off.

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Yep, you're definitely going to finish FDK before I can catch up.
blush Well, I'm thinking somewhere between one or two weeks. Got to prep some Kerth quizzes in between.

Oh, dear, my Trask dreams are getting predictable.
Well...umm...How about he shows up, puts on a red clown nose and throws confetti? Could even turn out that the red nose is red-K and the sparkling confetti laced with green-K wink

(Plus, maybe a bit of reverse psychology.)
Only works with guys who are able figure out when they're in the doghouse while they think their wife's in the doghouse. Well, different doghouse.

How exactly would Lois 'ignore' the problem?
Not responding to anything Penny says in that matter. Or just working it into the conversation, but not acknowledging it or confirming it.

He had a 50/50 chance.
So, 50% that Lois would slap him and 50% that Lois would kiss him and Clark would slap him?

"I only dented him a little bit!"
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard