A taste of Chapter 9, Part 11...

Dr. Friskin opened her office door. “Mr. and Mrs. Kent.”

Lois was still furious at him. How many times did she have to tell him she was sorry? She marched into Dr. Friskin’s office. Clark followed behind her slowly.

“I’m glad you changed your mind, Mr. Kent.”

“Please, call me Clark.”

Lois looked at him. Changed his mind? About what? She sat down in a chair and Clark sat down next to her.

“Where do you think the biggest problem lies? Lois?”

“He doesn’t trust me,” she replied, looking down.

Clark shrugged as if saying that was true. Great. Hit the nail on the head with the first answer.

“Clark?”

“Honesty. I need to know she isn’t keeping anything from me. That she isn’t lying to me anymore.”

The nerve of that man. “Me? I’m not the only one with secrets in this relationship, Clark.”

Her husband gulped. “There is still so much you haven’t told me… about your trip to visit…” He pretended to cough. “My brother.”

“Did you ever think that maybe I haven’t told you some things because I need more time?” She raised her eyebrows at him. He wasn’t the only one who needed space. Only she needed it between her and her memories.

Clark closed his eyes. He didn’t believe her. “We can’t move forward until you tell me, Lois.”

“I can’t,” she whispered, clenching her hands together in her lap. How could she tell him that she almost died the day Lara was born? That she needed a pint of Ultra Woman blood just to be alive? That she had gone crazy again and almost shot Lex Luthor and son? That she got so depressed that she became skin and bones and couldn’t return to him, because she had changed so drastically physically? That a small part of her still loved the other Clark when she returned home to him that she had even kissed him the day she returned? How could she ever speak about that newspaper photo and the article about what happened to her and Lara after they died… when Clark hadn’t come home? There were just some things she could never share with him.
Thank you for reading. As always, please post comments here.

Missing Lois - TOC

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.