Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
A taste of Part 9...

Clark set down a bag of sandwiches on the conference room table. “Why don’t you take five minutes, Lois?” He handed her a soda, but she shook her head, preferring her bottle of water.

“Clark, I’m not going to discuss that here. Please, don’t ask me to,” she said, reaching into the bag and pulling out a ham and brie sandwich on a baguette. She raised a brow at him. “Just zip out for lunch, Clark?”

He shrugged with a smile.

“Did you bring me Belgium chocolates as well?” she asked, taking a sip of her water. “Since you were in the neighborhood?”

“Ha. Ha.” Clark took his sandwich out of the bag.

“Pity.” Lois sighed.

“Just tell me one thing, one itty bitty thing?” he asked.

She chuckled. It was good to hear her laugh. “I could tell you what your brother got his girlfriend for Christmas.”

Clark growled, dropping his sandwich back into the bag, standing up.

Lois sighed, rolling her eyes. “Not me, Clark. Mrs. Lola Luthor.”

But Clark’s appetite was already gone. He didn’t want to hear what a wonderful boyfriend the other Clark was. He didn’t want to hear anything about the other Clark.

“Fine. Be that way. But he’s in most of my stories.” She shrugged, taking a bite of her sandwich. “You’re just going to have to accept it, and move on, if you want to learn what happened to me.”

“Why don’t you tell me about Mayson, then?” Clark asked.

“Ugh. Clark, I’m eating.” Lois made a face at him. “Anyway, that’s a long story and I’d like to get some work done today.”
Thank you for reading. Please post feedback here.

Missing Lois - TOC

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
Nice to see they're making a little progress. Love Penny almost openly acknowledging he's Superman but not completely - that's clever.

Can I tell you I got a chill when Clark saw the vision of Uncle Super and Aunt Ultra?

Now you've got me worried about the water in Smallville.

Joan

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Clark went to Lois’s favorite boulangerie in Paris and bought her some croissants for breakfast. He could still hear her words echoing in his head, You haven’t asked me one question about our daughter. Not one.
Shook him up, huh?

Penny walked into the living room from the kitchen with Lara’s bottle and jumped with a start, almost dropping the bottle. “Clark! I didn’t know you were here. Lois said that you had left already.”
Oops?

“Right. None of my business. Just that Jimmy mentioned some tension at work. Wow, I think I hear Lara calling for her bottle. Excuse me.”
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Joan: evil Evil writer strikes again!

Michael: And three...

Shook him up, huh?
Lois knows where Clark's buttons are.

Yeah, pretending all’s Wells always works.
Why talk about the 400 lbs alien in the room if your mother-in-law is not there to force the issue?

That could be awkward, if she were in actual danger and then landed in ICU.
She doesn't expect him to come, doesn't mean he wouldn't come. She's still the mother of his child.

Why am I thinking he doesn’t mean his wife but the blonde coed he had rescued last night?
Bzzzzzzzzzz. She won't be a co-ed for at least 18 years.

And is that Lara doing this?
No. Clark feels that Lara shouldn't feel the ill-will of her parents fighting. He wants to show Lara that no matter how her parents are feeling about each other, they will still love her no matter what!

“Yes, sweetie. I know that I’m stubborn. But she’s been stubborn first.”
Longer?

He got close to the red stuff?
He remembered what she went through to have his child. So feeling a little more generous.

Yep. He got K’d.
Trust me, this isn't K'd.

Dead Lois floating?
Yep, that's what she's afraid of.

So, Clark. Do you *now* see how you’re hurting your wife?

/imagines Clark asking why *he's* suddenly the bad guy in this/
How is he the bad guy? When she's worried about him dying?

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Why talk about the 400 lbs alien in the room if your mother-in-law is not there to force the issue?
goofy

Longer?
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard