A taste of Part 9...

Clark set down a bag of sandwiches on the conference room table. “Why don’t you take five minutes, Lois?” He handed her a soda, but she shook her head, preferring her bottle of water.

“Clark, I’m not going to discuss that here. Please, don’t ask me to,” she said, reaching into the bag and pulling out a ham and brie sandwich on a baguette. She raised a brow at him. “Just zip out for lunch, Clark?”

He shrugged with a smile.

“Did you bring me Belgium chocolates as well?” she asked, taking a sip of her water. “Since you were in the neighborhood?”

“Ha. Ha.” Clark took his sandwich out of the bag.

“Pity.” Lois sighed.

“Just tell me one thing, one itty bitty thing?” he asked.

She chuckled. It was good to hear her laugh. “I could tell you what your brother got his girlfriend for Christmas.”

Clark growled, dropping his sandwich back into the bag, standing up.

Lois sighed, rolling her eyes. “Not me, Clark. Mrs. Lola Luthor.”

But Clark’s appetite was already gone. He didn’t want to hear what a wonderful boyfriend the other Clark was. He didn’t want to hear anything about the other Clark.

“Fine. Be that way. But he’s in most of my stories.” She shrugged, taking a bite of her sandwich. “You’re just going to have to accept it, and move on, if you want to learn what happened to me.”

“Why don’t you tell me about Mayson, then?” Clark asked.

“Ugh. Clark, I’m eating.” Lois made a face at him. “Anyway, that’s a long story and I’d like to get some work done today.”
Thank you for reading. Please post feedback here.

Missing Lois - TOC

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.