Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
A taste of Chapter 9, Part 8...

Clark went to Lois’s favorite boulangerie in Paris and bought her some croissants for breakfast. He could still hear her words echoing in his head, You haven’t asked me one question about our daughter. Not one. She knew more about Lara than anyone and he hadn’t asked her one question about her pregnancy or the delivery or anything. He had been more interested in all the other activities she had participated in while in the other dimension, especially her night with the other Clark. Here she had spent a year ‘abroad’ and he hadn’t asked her about her main reason for being there. He scanned the living room as he approached the townhouse. It was empty. He touched his feet down on the living room carpet and then closed the window before spinning into his work clothes.

Penny walked into the living room from the kitchen with Lara’s bottle and jumped with a start, almost dropping the bottle. “Clark! I didn’t know you were here. Lois said that you had left already.”

“I didn’t mean to startle you. Where’s Lois?”

“She’s already left for the office.”

“Oh. I ran out to get some croissants for breakfast. I’ll just bring them to her at work.”

Penny smiled. “How sweet.” She sighed.

Great, just what he needed.

“Are you done fighting?” Penny continued.

Clark raised a brow.

“Right. None of my business. Just that Jimmy mentioned some tension at work. Wow, I think I hear Lara calling for her bottle. Excuse me.” She ran half way up the stairs and then stopped. “You know she wasn’t crying, don’t you? Super hearing and all. Sorry. You probably don’t like to be lied to.” She turned around and finished going up the stairs.

Clark shook his head. “Not as a rule. No.” He let go of a breath he didn’t know he had been holding. That was close. They still hadn’t admitted to Penny that he was Superman nor did they want to. But she didn’t need to actually catch him flying into the house. Out the front door, then.
Please leave your comments here. Thank you.

Missing Lois - TOC

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
B
Blogger
Blogger
B
Oh, dear. I hope they start talking to each other soon. I really want them to work it out.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
betty: Clark's hurting very badly now. And as you know, what does Clark do when he's been hurt (emotionally)? He retreats.

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
I've been looking forward to catching up with this story.

Aw...this is going to take some time for them to work out. Both of them have reasons to be hurt. Love Clark zapping Perry's music! (And why do I have refrains of Don't be Cruel playing in my head??)

Joan

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Suddenly, there was a crack of a gun and they fell to the ground. Clark lay there in a puddle of red. Lois looked up from where she sat on the ground and Jason Trask stood in the doorway with a grin on his face.
So much after-shadowing from Lois’s subconscious.

a puzzle too difficult to put back together by even the most accomplished of archaeologists.
[Linked Image]

Clark had said he wanted the truth and then he punished her for telling it to him.
Well…Duh!

Just as she had punished him after she learned he was Superman.
Yes, well, he lied to *her*!

He took Lara out of her arms and upstairs for a diaper change, then brought her back down for a bottle.
For a moment, I wondered if he would take her and head off to Smallville.

But he had come back down the stairs, spun into his Superman suit and left out the window without a word.
Do we *have* to like him?

“What’s going on between you two? I send you out on a romantic weekend to put this whole Superman incident behind you and I don’t get one story on the bullet train, but two. Plus an extra story about a new high school for five thousand students built inside an old mall. Interesting article, Kent, but that’s not why you were sent to Memphis.”
goofy

“So, what do you think you should do about it?” Dr. Friskin asked.

Lois sighed, dropping back on the couch. “I have no idea. I was hoping you could help me with that.”

Dr. Friskin opened her agenda and flipped a page. “How about you spend the weekend brainstorming ideas and we’ll meet again Monday morning at eleven?”
goofy

“This…” his mom said, turning the knob of his old bedroom and letting the door open.

His old bedroom had been magically transformed. It was now a bright yellow with a blue ceiling. His old dresser had been painted a light green.
Huh.

“It’s a surprise to us, too. After you called, we went to clean up the room and we found it like that.”

Clark jogged down the stairs. “You must have done it before you had your memories wiped,” he called.
Huh. Hmm…And they never noticed in the week, or is weeks, since they’d been back?

True. “It’s more complicated than that, Mom.”

“What baby did we forget, Clark?” his dad asked.
goofy Superhealing. Good for healthy teeth.

“No, you’re not. Something inside of you is gone. Your zest. Your zeal. Your zip.”
Umm…Clark?

“Deary me. Where could I have placed my three z’s?” She looked under a couple of folders on her desk. “Oh, yeah. My husband doesn’t trust me anymore. I have a daughter I can’t claim as my own. A year of experiences I cannot share with anyone. Memories swimming around in my head like pea soup. Now, if you’ll excuse me, Clark, I have work to do.” It was just like him. Wanting only to talk on his terms. Where had he been all weekend when she was more than willing to talk? Oh, yeah, Kansas. He was cranking up her anger knob.
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Joan: I thought "Don't be Cruel" (one of my favorite Elvis songs BTW) fit this chapter well on many levels.

Michael: And two...

So much after-shadowing from Lois’s subconscious.
Gee, does that mean it's something else causing the nightmares? huh

/super glue/
rotflol

Do we *have* to like him?
So you don't think he's got reason to be mad / hurt / feeling betrayed / lied to / etc? Well, sorry, Michael, you're in the minority. I was actually told by some readers that Lois was a worse skank than alt-Lois and shouldn't be forgiven. Ever.

That’s what you get for meddling with hydrogen and oxygen.
Rain?

Obvious, much, Clark?
Maybe he turned to look at the box because he smelled smoke.

So, I’m guessing the glasses still fool some people.
laugh cool

Isn’t that wanton destruction of property? Clark’s really broken, huh?
Well, the Chief started it!

Huh. Hmm…And they never noticed in the week, or is weeks, since they’d been back?
They hadn't had a reason to go into it since over the past few months.

/whispers/ Ditzy, not dizzy, unless she’s a bit off after hitting the bars or getting hit on the head
Both work interchangeably here. There are ditzy blondes and dizzy blondes. We're a screwed up country when it comes to blondes. laugh

So, Clark could get even on Lois?
Lucky Jimmy.

Superhealing. Good for healthy teeth.
Possbily. But I couldn't brush my teeth due to hurling when I was pregnant and I had no ill effects.

He did deserve that.
Possbily. But she knew she wanted to be punished for cheating on him. She didn't want to hurt him more than she already had.

I hear they have good divorce attorneys over there. Able to take half your money. And your pride. Okay, the first one might be legislatively assisted, but still…
But still, does that fit under the heading of "good"? Anyway, you know how Clark feels about lawyers. To be avoided more than cheating wives.

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Gee, does that mean it's something else causing the nightmares?
goofy

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard