Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
A taste of Chapter 9, Part 7...

Lois slow danced with Clark, her Clark. He held her in his arms, rocking her back and forth. Slowly, they started to float into the air. He lifted her chin, kissing her lips. “I love you, wife.”

“I love you, husband,” she whispered.

Suddenly, there was a crack of a gun and they fell to the ground. Clark lay there in a puddle of red. Lois looked up from where she sat on the ground and Jason Trask stood in the doorway with a grin on his face.

“Finally, I got you, alien scum,” he said, lifting up the gun and pointing it at her. “I know you’re still partially human, but these Kryptonite bullets will kill the Ultra Woman in you.”

Lois saw the flash of the muzzle, heard the bang and she…

Woke up. Once again, Lois was drenched in sweat. She crawled out of the empty bed and walked over to the balcony door. It had swung open from a strong breeze. She had left it unlocked, just in case Clark decided to return. She sighed. He wasn’t returning. She shut the door and locked it, heading back to bed, where she lay in the dark, trying to get that image of her dead husband lying on the living room floor out of her mind.
I apologize for the lack of a WHAM warning. But I figure if you've been reading this Epic since the beginning, you knew it was coming.

Please post comments here. Thank you.

Missing Lois - TOC

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
I'm glad they finally got things out in the open but mecry

You've got me nervous about the next chapter with your sneek peek.

Joan

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Joan: Sorry, didn't mean to scare you with Lois's Trask dream. Well, no actually, I guess I did. laugh You'll remember that she had one a few nights earlier when Superman had his meeting with Perry and didn't come home.

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Columnist
Columnist
V, you're melting the frost around the void where my heart should be! This is sad stuff, but SO good! (And realistic... I'd be pissed if he just said 'oh well! let's move on!')

.talk nerdy to me.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by MrsLuthor:
V, you're melting the frost around the void where my heart should be! This is sad stuff, but SO good! (And realistic... I'd be pissed if he just said 'oh well! let's move on!')
Even I, who think Clark is the most forgiving man ever, wouldn't put THOSE words in his mouth. laugh

frown to your frosty hole lacking a heart. mecry We warned you about trusting it to Mr. Luthor!

VirginiaR.
---
Columnist
Columnist
Originally posted by VirginiaR:
[b] V, you're melting the frost around the void where my heart should be! This is sad stuff, but SO good! (And realistic... I'd be pissed if he just said 'oh well! let's move on!')
Even I, who think Clark is the most forgiving man ever, wouldn't put THOSE words in his mouth. laugh

frown to your frosty hole lacking a heart. mecry We warned you about trusting it to Mr. Luthor! [/b]
Ahaha, I had no heart long before I ever married him. Who do you think taught him to be manipulative and ruthless? wink

.talk nerdy to me.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Ahaha, I had no heart long before I ever married him. Who do you think taught him to be manipulative and ruthless? wink
Arianna Carlin, is that you?

VirginiaR.
---
Columnist
Columnist
Originally posted by VirginiaR:
[b] Ahaha, I had no heart long before I ever married him. Who do you think taught him to be manipulative and ruthless? wink
Arianna Carlin, is that you? [/b]
Hahahahahahah

.talk nerdy to me.
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
smile1
He set his wallet, cell phone, and keys on the dresser. He hadn’t realized, yet, that he wasn’t alone.
*swamp monster movie music*

“Lois? Are you feeling all right?”
“No Revenge, or anything like that?”

“Um-hmmm.”

“You want me to join you in the tub?”
DingDingDing!

“You do realize that I’m still mad at you, right?” Clark asked with a raised brow.
Ooooh, could be fun?

So, I was thinking that we could try a different kind of anger therapy.”
Oooh! Poor neighbors.

“That’s not going to happen,” Clark replied, walking towards their luggage.
Party pooper.

“I gave up a year of my life for you, Clark Kent. You have to give me a second chance.”
Umm…Lois, no using the phrase ‘have to’. ‘I demand’ is okay. Or ‘you will’.

“Help me, Clark. Help,” she murmured, sinking into the water, her head resting on her hands. “Help me.”
She’s drowning! goofy Who would have thought that he’d prefer having a wet naked wife in the tub to being angry to a clothed, dried wife.

“Okay, Lois. Break’s over. I need to know more.”
Oh dear. And goofy

“And it was during this time, you and Clark…” He couldn’t say it, but he was getting angrier by the second. If that other Clark…
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Michael: wave

*swamp monster movie music*
clap

“No Revenge, or anything like that?”
Nope, he's thinking Elvis music.

Umm…Lois, no using the phrase ‘have to’. ‘I demand’ is okay. Or ‘you will’.
Why? Does he have the same reaction to it as Lois does? wink

She’s drowning!
No. She just knows which words he cannot resist.

He’s been married to Lois too long?
I figure a guy who used to doing everything at lightning speed isn't good at waiting.

And funny how you slipped this one in so way after the fact.
Actually, I just added that line in last week. blush I realized I hadn't added the explanation in by the end of Ch 7, ooops! Hope it works okay here. It was one of the loose threads I needed to knot. If it sounds out of place here, let me know and I'll try to fit it in sometime during the Smallville house scene with Wells, alt-Lois, and alt-Clark.

Well, it’s a perk.
clap

So, split the mountain, put Alt-Clark in between, and fuse it back together. Then wait until Ultra Woman finds him?
Him = Alt-Clark? Or him=canon Clark?

Maybe he should tell Martha what he just did?
Does he really want to tell everyone that his wife cheated on him? What if they stay together, does he want everyone knowing that? Especially his parents? And isn't Clark KNOWN for running away from his problems?

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Why? Does he have the same reaction to it as Lois does?
goofy

No. She just knows which words he cannot resist.
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard