A taste of Chapter 9, Part 7...

Lois slow danced with Clark, her Clark. He held her in his arms, rocking her back and forth. Slowly, they started to float into the air. He lifted her chin, kissing her lips. “I love you, wife.”

“I love you, husband,” she whispered.

Suddenly, there was a crack of a gun and they fell to the ground. Clark lay there in a puddle of red. Lois looked up from where she sat on the ground and Jason Trask stood in the doorway with a grin on his face.

“Finally, I got you, alien scum,” he said, lifting up the gun and pointing it at her. “I know you’re still partially human, but these Kryptonite bullets will kill the Ultra Woman in you.”

Lois saw the flash of the muzzle, heard the bang and she…

Woke up. Once again, Lois was drenched in sweat. She crawled out of the empty bed and walked over to the balcony door. It had swung open from a strong breeze. She had left it unlocked, just in case Clark decided to return. She sighed. He wasn’t returning. She shut the door and locked it, heading back to bed, where she lay in the dark, trying to get that image of her dead husband lying on the living room floor out of her mind.
I apologize for the lack of a WHAM warning. But I figure if you've been reading this Epic since the beginning, you knew it was coming.

Please post comments here. Thank you.

Missing Lois - TOC

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.