Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#82576 10/07/11 01:54 PM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Thanks again to my BRs - Iolanthe, Vicki and Lynn. Thanks to everyone who read and left comments smile

Corrina.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Who would have thought that he was not only a libido-infested ego masquerading as a man, but the son of Calvin Montgomery masquerading as a coffee boy?
Ah, ok. I was torn as to whether I believed he was Clavin or just an associate.

There had to be a reason behind Calvin Montgomery's sudden, temporary, and unpublicised move to Metropolis. And there had to be a reason why the heir to the second biggest inheritance in the United States was working in a coffee booth on the ground floor of the Daily Planet building.
They're playing Undercover Boss? wink (US reality tv show where bosses go undercover in their own companies and do menial tasks to see how the company is running.)

Jed Montgomery's favourite topic was Jed Montgomery.
hyper Well, at least she realized that he *was* trying to plan something.

No imagination on earth could be powerful enough to trick her into believing she was dancing with Clark.
hyper clap

"How many attempts?" Lois asked. "Five? Six?"

"Eight," he admitted.
clap

Cute, amusing, and sweet little fic! I enjoyed every moment of it!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Features Writer
Features Writer
Very sweet. I almost wondered if you were going to tie it into the show at the end by having him have the daydream the next morning and just stride across the newsroom and blurt out his invitation. But I love how you ended this.

The way Lois kept comparing everything to Clark and finding it lacking was extraordinary, and I love that she knew he was trying to ask her. It was so sweet to realize that she knows him almost as well as he knows her.

Loved the ending. Don't know what came before, but this was just perfect!

Top Banana
Top Banana
Well done, Corrina! Thanks for the late night smile. smile

This *is* my happily ever after.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Aw sweet end to this adorable tale.Thanks. Looking forward to more from you. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Kerth
Kerth
clap Great ending! Lois knowing Clark was going to ask was sweet- and Clark explaining how many times he'd tried was just too adorable!

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
Well, everybody has already pretty much summed it up, but this was just clap clap clap

I also loved how Lois knew Clark wanted to ask her out and then him listing how many attempts it actually took Seems like 9 was the charm here, and not 3!

clap clap clap

Can't wait to find out what you have in store for us next!

smile

L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
I love the new ending.

To borrow Patrick's term, a delightful story.

Thanks for the smiles. smile

Joy,
Lynn

p.s., clap

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ha! Clark 10. Coffee Boy 0!

Thank you for a great story.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
Love the explanation for the coffee boy's behavior. And that Lois already figured out that Clark wanted to ask her out. Nice story.

Joan

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Loved it! I really liked that Lois knew all along what Clark was trying to do. Really cute story.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Jolly good! hyper

Very sweet ending. sloppy

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Who would have thought that he was not only a libido-infested ego masquerading as a man, but the son of Calvin Montgomery masquerading as a coffee boy?
clap
He had converged on her at the announcement of the first set, garishly informing her that he had earmarked his first dance for her.
Doesn't he know she's a billionaire's worst nightmare? But then, he was probably doing body shots while Lex was doing sky diving.

Thankfully, it had been before Jimmy had bolted to follow up his over-dinner appraisals of the young women present,
Tsk Tsk Tsk, and that's why you take Clark to such events. He does not go off eying the other ladies at the party, no matter how platonic the affair.

Jed Montgomery's favourite topic was Jed Montgomery.
/imagines a longwinded tale of how he's a lady's best friend.

And which hair products he had sampled, detailing the relative merits of each one.
Oh dear. Didn't any football player ever put him in a locker, a lockable shed with a wild cat, or filled him with alcohol, stripped him, and set him loose in the girls' dorm?

"Because my father has archaic ideas about 'starting at the bottom',"
Yep, thought so.

"He threatened to halve my allowance unless I stick it out for three months."
Or not. He really should have just cut all his allowance, maybe paid for some rat-invested sinkhole of a dorm apartment near campus, and let him get a degree on those terms. Not reduce his allowance from one five-figure number to another five-figure number a month.

I've uncovered a lot of very sophisticated, very beautiful women who work in that building."
Oh dear. I thought the DP had standards, because it does sound like he gets lucky way too often.

So, he's here, subjecting me to daily interrogation in his mission to ensure that I experience a regular job."
Sounds like a big fail. clap

Her smile gave him his answer. "I've been waiting to say 'yes' all day."
clap

What a great little... hmm... okay, for you, it's a vignette, Corrina! wink

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
DC

Ewwww! Squirky!
Yes, but Lois was *never* going to let that happen laugh

Something tells me she's heading to his apartment now.
/whistles innocently/

Oops, I thought she was just at his door. I didn't realize that she was *in* his apartment.
By the second season, she knew Clark well enough to know there is a key under the mat. smile

AntiK

Loved the ending. Don't know what came before, but this was just perfect!
Before - Lois got so frustrated, she invited herself to Clark's apartment and pretty much demanded he feed her - ie, she orchestrated an 'at home' date.

It might one day be part of another story, but it just didn't fit with this beginning.

Happy Glad you enjoyed!

Laura

Looking forward to more from you.
I'm actually *finally* working on the fifth story in the Weekend in Smallville series. laugh

Thanks for the comments, everyone. I'm glad you enjoyed this little piece of fun.

Corrina.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I'm actually *finally* working on the fifth story in the Weekend in Smallville series
hyper

Michael

PS: Yes, I just realized, I already hyper the last time you mentioned it in September blush

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard