Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: Female Hawk FDK - Asking Lois Out (3/3) - 10/07/11 05:54 PM
Thanks again to my BRs - Iolanthe, Vicki and Lynn. Thanks to everyone who read and left comments smile

Corrina.
Posted By: Deadly Chakram Re: FDK - Asking Lois Out (3/3) - 10/07/11 09:23 PM
Who would have thought that he was not only a libido-infested ego masquerading as a man, but the son of Calvin Montgomery masquerading as a coffee boy?
Ah, ok. I was torn as to whether I believed he was Clavin or just an associate.

There had to be a reason behind Calvin Montgomery's sudden, temporary, and unpublicised move to Metropolis. And there had to be a reason why the heir to the second biggest inheritance in the United States was working in a coffee booth on the ground floor of the Daily Planet building.
They're playing Undercover Boss? wink (US reality tv show where bosses go undercover in their own companies and do menial tasks to see how the company is running.)

Jed Montgomery's favourite topic was Jed Montgomery.
hyper Well, at least she realized that he *was* trying to plan something.

No imagination on earth could be powerful enough to trick her into believing she was dancing with Clark.
hyper clap

"How many attempts?" Lois asked. "Five? Six?"

"Eight," he admitted.
clap

Cute, amusing, and sweet little fic! I enjoyed every moment of it!
Posted By: AntiKryptonite Re: FDK - Asking Lois Out (3/3) - 10/07/11 09:39 PM
Very sweet. I almost wondered if you were going to tie it into the show at the end by having him have the daydream the next morning and just stride across the newsroom and blurt out his invitation. But I love how you ended this.

The way Lois kept comparing everything to Clark and finding it lacking was extraordinary, and I love that she knew he was trying to ask her. It was so sweet to realize that she knows him almost as well as he knows her.

Loved the ending. Don't know what came before, but this was just perfect!
Posted By: HappyGirl Re: FDK - Asking Lois Out (3/3) - 10/07/11 09:39 PM
Well done, Corrina! Thanks for the late night smile. smile
Posted By: Laurach Re: FDK - Asking Lois Out (3/3) - 10/07/11 10:19 PM
Aw sweet end to this adorable tale.Thanks. Looking forward to more from you. Laura
Posted By: Mouserocks Re: FDK - Asking Lois Out (3/3) - 10/08/11 12:33 AM
clap Great ending! Lois knowing Clark was going to ask was sweet- and Clark explaining how many times he'd tried was just too adorable!
Posted By: DW Re: FDK - Asking Lois Out (3/3) - 10/08/11 03:07 AM
Well, everybody has already pretty much summed it up, but this was just clap clap clap

I also loved how Lois knew Clark wanted to ask her out and then him listing how many attempts it actually took Seems like 9 was the charm here, and not 3!

clap clap clap

Can't wait to find out what you have in store for us next!

smile
Posted By: Lynn S. M. Re: FDK - Asking Lois Out (3/3) - 10/08/11 04:12 PM
I love the new ending.

To borrow Patrick's term, a delightful story.

Thanks for the smiles. smile

Joy,
Lynn

p.s., clap
Posted By: Morgana Re: FDK - Asking Lois Out (3/3) - 10/08/11 06:37 PM
Ha! Clark 10. Coffee Boy 0!

Thank you for a great story.
Posted By: scifiJoan Re: FDK - Asking Lois Out (3/3) - 10/08/11 08:31 PM
Love the explanation for the coffee boy's behavior. And that Lois already figured out that Clark wanted to ask her out. Nice story.

Joan
Posted By: EmilyC Re: FDK - Asking Lois Out (3/3) - 10/09/11 04:01 AM
Loved it! I really liked that Lois knew all along what Clark was trying to do. Really cute story.
Posted By: KenJ Re: FDK - Asking Lois Out (3/3) - 10/10/11 08:06 AM
Jolly good! hyper

Very sweet ending. sloppy
Posted By: Darth Michael Re: FDK - Asking Lois Out (3/3) - 10/12/11 01:03 PM
Who would have thought that he was not only a libido-infested ego masquerading as a man, but the son of Calvin Montgomery masquerading as a coffee boy?
clap
He had converged on her at the announcement of the first set, garishly informing her that he had earmarked his first dance for her.
Doesn't he know she's a billionaire's worst nightmare? But then, he was probably doing body shots while Lex was doing sky diving.

Thankfully, it had been before Jimmy had bolted to follow up his over-dinner appraisals of the young women present,
Tsk Tsk Tsk, and that's why you take Clark to such events. He does not go off eying the other ladies at the party, no matter how platonic the affair.

Jed Montgomery's favourite topic was Jed Montgomery.
/imagines a longwinded tale of how he's a lady's best friend.

And which hair products he had sampled, detailing the relative merits of each one.
Oh dear. Didn't any football player ever put him in a locker, a lockable shed with a wild cat, or filled him with alcohol, stripped him, and set him loose in the girls' dorm?

"Because my father has archaic ideas about 'starting at the bottom',"
Yep, thought so.

"He threatened to halve my allowance unless I stick it out for three months."
Or not. He really should have just cut all his allowance, maybe paid for some rat-invested sinkhole of a dorm apartment near campus, and let him get a degree on those terms. Not reduce his allowance from one five-figure number to another five-figure number a month.

I've uncovered a lot of very sophisticated, very beautiful women who work in that building."
Oh dear. I thought the DP had standards, because it does sound like he gets lucky way too often.

So, he's here, subjecting me to daily interrogation in his mission to ensure that I experience a regular job."
Sounds like a big fail. clap

Her smile gave him his answer. "I've been waiting to say 'yes' all day."
clap

What a great little... hmm... okay, for you, it's a vignette, Corrina! wink

Michael
Posted By: Female Hawk Re: FDK - Asking Lois Out (3/3) - 10/17/11 10:21 PM
DC

Ewwww! Squirky!
Yes, but Lois was *never* going to let that happen laugh

Something tells me she's heading to his apartment now.
/whistles innocently/

Oops, I thought she was just at his door. I didn't realize that she was *in* his apartment.
By the second season, she knew Clark well enough to know there is a key under the mat. smile

AntiK

Loved the ending. Don't know what came before, but this was just perfect!
Before - Lois got so frustrated, she invited herself to Clark's apartment and pretty much demanded he feed her - ie, she orchestrated an 'at home' date.

It might one day be part of another story, but it just didn't fit with this beginning.

Happy Glad you enjoyed!

Laura

Looking forward to more from you.
I'm actually *finally* working on the fifth story in the Weekend in Smallville series. laugh

Thanks for the comments, everyone. I'm glad you enjoyed this little piece of fun.

Corrina.
Posted By: Darth Michael Re: FDK - Asking Lois Out (3/3) - 10/18/11 12:10 PM
I'm actually *finally* working on the fifth story in the Weekend in Smallville series
hyper

Michael

PS: Yes, I just realized, I already hyper the last time you mentioned it in September blush
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards