Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#8253 11/23/03 06:22 PM
RL Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Laura, good beginning to this, but you're starting to worry me. The WHAM coming up just doesn't sound very good for the baby. Even if it seems Lois will pull through whatever health disaster is pending, I'm still wondering if their child will make it.

I'm crossing my fingers, hoping things work out for all.

She could get used to this queen-like treatment. Even though she felt huge and immobile, Clark still made her feel cherished and beautiful, and he bent over backwards, trying to
I think you may be missing part of this sentence/paragraph.

Also,

Martha was exasperating the situation.
Were you looking for the word, "exacerbating"?

More soon!

-- Roger

"The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself." -- Benjamin Franklin
#8254 11/23/03 06:49 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
I like the beginning, but I too cant help but wonder what will happen to the baby. frown I love babies! Post more soon!

Julie

Mulder: Imagine if you could come back and take out five people who had caused you to suffer. Who would they be?
Scully: I only get five?
Mulder: I remembered your birthday this year, didn't I, Scully?

(The X-Files)
#8255 11/24/03 02:59 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Well, the title was intriguing, so I checked this out. All the foreshadowing is making me very nervous, but this is fascinating. I loved watching Clark be so tender and protective of her, and there were some great lines in there.

“Like I trust your taste! You'd think I was beautiful even if I wore a paper bag!”

“Yeah, but in my defense, you look good in brown.”
lol!

I do hope the baby survives...

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
#8256 11/24/03 03:01 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
“Yeah, but in my defense, you look good in brown.”
laugh

Laura, I'll say right up front that I'm not a big fan of pregnancy fics and even a less a fan of pregancy-gone-wrong fics. My own experiences speaking there, I suppose.

Be that as it may, I'll try and stick around for this one. Great job of showing typical frustrating mood swings there, although you're clearly foreshadowing something more ominous. Why not post more soon, so we can find out? smile

Hazel

Lois: You know the deal.
Clark: Superman gets the guys in capes, Lois and Clark get the guys in suits.

-- Action Comics 827
#8257 11/24/03 04:58 AM
Kerth
Kerth
Great start, Laura!! smile

But I'm worried... frown

More soon! smile

Jose wave

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
#8258 11/24/03 06:54 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Hey Laura -

Great set up. I'm really anxious to know what's going on with Lois. Could it be that the baby is ready to make an early appearance???

I'm excited to read the next installment...

Lynn

You know that boy'd walk on water for you? Or he'd drown tryin'. -Perry White to Lois in Just Say Noah
#8259 11/24/03 08:19 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great start. smile1

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
#8260 11/24/03 07:31 PM
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Laura

An excellent start! thumbsup

Luckily Martha and Jonathan are there to look after Lois.

Tricia cool

#8261 11/25/03 01:45 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Laura, this looks like an interesting set-up. When I read your definition of amygdala, I immediately thought that Clark would be the one to go haywire, but now that there's pregnancy in the air, I'm really not so sure!

Yvonne

#8262 11/25/03 06:54 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Nice set up, Laura. It sure sounds like you've got some whams coming up (yay!! laugh ), but I'm really worried about the baby. Good thing Martha and Jonathan are around.

Now come back here and post more!

Saskia smile

I tawt I taw a puddy cat!
#8263 11/26/03 07:40 AM
Y
Top Banana
Top Banana
Y
Thanks for all of the coments, Roger (I fixed those grammar things -- thanks!), Julie, Pam, Hazel (thank you for reading, but I can almost guarantee you won't like this story), Jose, Lynn, Maria, Tricia, Yvonne, and Saskia.

I'm sorry, I meant to post the next part yesterday, and I am sorry my reply was so short, but I am pretty sick frown . I will try to post later tonight.

Laura "The Yellow Dart" U. (Alicia U. on the archive)

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." -- Christopher Reeve

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard