Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Missing Lois - TOC

A taste of Chapter 7, Part 10...

Clark opened the door to the apartment and let Moonbeam in.

“How’s she doing?” Moonbeam asked right off the bat.

Clark’s life was surrounded by females so he wasn’t quite sure to whom she referred. He cleared his throat as he considered his response.

Moonbeam pursed her lips. “Lucy.”

Well, that narrowed it down to two.

“The one that isn’t married to Lex Luthor,” she clarified again.

“Ah.” He wanted to say better, but that wasn’t quite true.

Lois got up, showered, and got dressed every day. She took care of Lara. Fed her with a bottle, changed her, and bathed her. She did everything they asked. Although she was eating, it was more because they were watching her, not because she wanted to. He didn’t even know if she was sleeping.

Lois still looked like the ghost of the woman she used to be. Gone was her vibrancy. Gone was her humor. Gone was her drive, her zest, her zeal. It was as if she had lost her soul, but the frame of its old house was still there.

Moonbeam sighed. “That bad, huh?” She clapped her hands together. “Where is she?”

Clark stepped aside. Lois was sitting on the couch behind him, staring out the window. Her body was there, but her mind was still far, far away.

“Wow. When Star said she had gone off the deep end, I didn’t know she meant into a black hole.” Moonbeam sighed again. “I’ll see what I can do.”
Thank you for reading. Please post comments here.

Last edited by VirginiaR; 02/08/15 08:51 PM. Reason: Fix Broken Links

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
I was hoping you'd get back to the photos Martha was concealing and you didn't disappoint!

You torture us - Lois' double possibly pregnant! Don't leave us hanging too long.

Joan

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Joan: Remember the substitute Lois left back in the canon dimension is the same Lois from S4. She didn't end up getting pregnant from their pre-breakfast bliss, so neither will this one. Well, not at this time at least. wink More on Jack later. laugh

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
Originally posted by VirginiaR:
[b]Joan: Remember the substitute Lois left back in the canon dimension is the same Lois from S4. She didn't end up getting pregnant from their pre-breakfast bliss, so neither will this one. Well, not at this time at least. wink More on Jack later. laugh [/b]
I wasn't sure if you were going to stick to canon or not since your story technically starts in Season 3.

I always liked Jack and wished they'd done more with him. Can't wait to see how he fits into this.

Joan

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Missing Lois is my take on what Hollywood could have done with Season 5 (and because it went on so long, the first half of Season 6). Therefore, everything that happened in S1-S4 actually happened in my story. The only discrepancy between the two story-lines was that I missed (and one of my Betas caught, after it was too late to fix) was that I have Lois and Clark's wedding in July 1996 and Soul Mates has the wedding -- per the marriage certificate -- as October 6, 1996. (I personally couldn't see them waiting that long between him returning from NK and them getting married, since they had put it off already once before with the ARGH sequence).

VirginiaR.
---
S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
That's a great idea. I was thinking you'd have the leeway to follow canon or not but I like the idea of this leading far into 'Season 5'.

Joan

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Season 5 ends at the Edited for Spoilage evil But anyway, this is my take.

VirginiaR.
---
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Lucy cleared her throat. “Gareth’s son will really love it, Mayson.”
Lois has always been the smart one. Except when she makes a doodoo.

“As the only person to survive a Sean McCarthy bombing. He’s a big name in London, having lent a hand to the IRA a time or two.”
Different persepectives.

Oh, crap, he meant Ultra Woman.
goofy

you know, how us women get around babies.”
/cocks eyebrow/ goofy

“You have no idea,” Lucy answered with a smile at him.
Yes, he even takes his girlfriends out into thunderstorms just to get them hit by lightning.

“Clark Kent wouldn’t date anyone less than honest, now, would he?”
/chokes/

He sighed. They would be lucky if Kal’s Lucy even noticed Mayson’s presence. It had been a week since she had spoken to him or even allowed him in her room.
goofy

“Yes, Daddy. She wears this big gold V on her almost fully exposed chest. Not that you’ve noticed that, either?”
Jealous, much, Lois?

“No, Princess. Vixen stands for Virtually Indestructible Xenon Electrical Network. It’s the project I refused to work on when Lex took you. He must have used my data on the cyborgs…”
Uuuuuuuuuuuuuhhh…

“Blonde. Black leather. Gold V surrounding her exposed bosom,” Ultra Woman said. “She’s super fast and not very nice.”
Come to think of it, Canon-Lois was on several occasions far more exposed in public than Vixen. /wonders if Alt-Lois went undercover like Canon-Lois did/

“Clark and Lois made love without precautions this morning. If he gets that stand-in pregnant, it will cause a tear in the time-line that we won’t be able to fix without erasing me.”
goofy

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Lois nodded.

The other Lois shook her head. “And you say you aren’t delusional.”
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Michael: Right. And Clark is the lunkhead except when he makes us say "awwwwwwwwww". wink

/slaps him over the head/ And you let her go!
Too late now. She's dating Dan and you're semi-engaged to UW.

So, Lois and Mayson becoming buddy-buddies? That’s probably Clark’s worst nightmare. And the odd wet dream…
Probably best only when he's dreaming.

Yes, he even takes his girlfriends out into thunderstorms just to get them hit by lightning.
He was TAKING her to the HOSPITAL! What should he have done? Let her die because of the storm?

She isn’t…um…sucking Mommy raw, is she?
No, not quite.

Jealous, much, Lois?
No-one! And she means no one gets to play with Mr. Amazing but her!

Come to think of it, Canon-Lois was on several occasions far more exposed in public than Vixen. /wonders if Alt-Lois went undercover like Canon-Lois did/
And they would know the differnce from regular alt-Lois, how? wink

You’re bad.
evil

Yeah. He would do that. Of course, he might need to look for grandparents next, too. And go duck from Ultra Woman trying to bash him to the moon.
You think the Kents would disown their son if he did that to Lois? And UW can't get the Time Machine to work. So, this whole thing might be moot.

He’s been buuuusiiiiiiii! Say, are they all therapists? And it could explain a lot. Lex going to therapy, trying to heal his megalomania. Falls in love with therapist. And here we go again.
She knows about all the ex-wives and that one of them was a shrink, but wasn't sure which one.

But this time he *meant* it!
:rolleyes:

Lois. Married!
She's a reporter, she notices things... it doesn't mean she'll touch.

That might make Grandpa suspicious, I think.
Actually, I read once that it is PHYSICALLY possible for men to lactate, just more difficult. I'll wait until you come back from screaming to the hills in fear / disguist. laugh So if MEN can lactate, I'm guessing it's possible for a non-mom to do so as well (with enough "encouragement").

She does remind me a bit of someone there
Over-protective psycho mom = young Darth Vader? Interesting comparison. laugh

And now it’s happened. They’ve allied against him.
Again.

Why not? Would it reflect badly on his manliness?
Only in the tabloids.

Couldn’t they both wear wigs?
Probably. wink Maybe they'll go one of those days when he's not paying attention. 'So, Sam, where are Lois and UW?' 'They said something about working on their tans," Sam replied with a shrug, balancing baby Lara on his shoulder. 'Tans?' repeated Clark. UW can't tan. Tan = sun = Las Vegas. AAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHH! Daily Whisper headline: "Take It off Superman!" Twins shut down Chipendale review when it was revealed that one of them was actually UW in disguise. Unable to control herself, UW jumped on stage and tore the costume off a striping Superman impersonator... 'Sorry, you're not that amazing!' she told him, throwing his costume back so he could cover up."
--See why some things work better "off-page"? wink

She’s got a reason to live again: “Get home and kill husband.”
How about, 'Well, he can't get mad at me for lying now?'

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Right. And Clark is the lunkhead except when he makes us say "awwwwwwwwww".
blush

He was TAKING her to the HOSPITAL!
Potato. French Fries.

And they would know the differnce from regular alt-Lois, how?
wave Michael

Columnist
Columnist
side of her. Why hadn’t Clark told her that he had relocated Jack to Smallville?
Why, indeeeeed?

.talk nerdy to me.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by MrsLuthor:
side of her. Why hadn’t Clark told her that he had relocated Jack to Smallville?
Why, indeeeeed?
evil cool

VirginiaR.
---

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard