Missing Lois - TOC

A taste of Chapter 7, Part 10...

Clark opened the door to the apartment and let Moonbeam in.

“How’s she doing?” Moonbeam asked right off the bat.

Clark’s life was surrounded by females so he wasn’t quite sure to whom she referred. He cleared his throat as he considered his response.

Moonbeam pursed her lips. “Lucy.”

Well, that narrowed it down to two.

“The one that isn’t married to Lex Luthor,” she clarified again.

“Ah.” He wanted to say better, but that wasn’t quite true.

Lois got up, showered, and got dressed every day. She took care of Lara. Fed her with a bottle, changed her, and bathed her. She did everything they asked. Although she was eating, it was more because they were watching her, not because she wanted to. He didn’t even know if she was sleeping.

Lois still looked like the ghost of the woman she used to be. Gone was her vibrancy. Gone was her humor. Gone was her drive, her zest, her zeal. It was as if she had lost her soul, but the frame of its old house was still there.

Moonbeam sighed. “That bad, huh?” She clapped her hands together. “Where is she?”

Clark stepped aside. Lois was sitting on the couch behind him, staring out the window. Her body was there, but her mind was still far, far away.

“Wow. When Star said she had gone off the deep end, I didn’t know she meant into a black hole.” Moonbeam sighed again. “I’ll see what I can do.”
Thank you for reading. Please post comments here.

Last edited by VirginiaR; 02/08/15 08:51 PM. Reason: Fix Broken Links

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.