Hi guys!

What a wonderful reaction to an instalment! This is really lovely of you - I'm delighted and very grateful. smile I'm so glad you liked the date!

Lynn, there was no chance of Lois cancelling the date, really. wink I think I'd have been lynched if I did that!

Tank, Saskia, sorry for making you hungry. Yup, Italian food is really excellent, isn't it? And that's not even mentioning the desserts. <g>

Kathy, you really made me blush:
The opening scene with Lois getting ready was very well done. Not played for laughs and definitely not cloying ... but so sweet. Very charming.

Then with the date itself, you really did an excellent job of setting up the atmosphere ... they are both giddy with anticipation, yet still innocent and comfortable with each other, too. Very nice job.

And of course, the discussion of their ideal romantic partner was wonderful. I loved how Lois slipped into describing Clark -- and especially how he picked up on it. And now he's going to be even more charming? Be still my heart!
Wow! blush But thank you so much. I was hoping that this would be suitably WAFFy and romantic, but not over the top or boring. So phew!!

Isis, you made me blush furiously too. Thank you!

I'm glad so many people noticed Lois's slip when describing her ideal man. Yup, she was describing Clark, and that little slip is something of an epiphany for her, as you'll see. Glad it worked!

Now, some readers seem to be rather worried about me:

Tank (who sees this moving along predictibly as expected, but wonders when the Whams start... there has to be whams...right?)
Well...

I can't figure this out for the life of me.

What we have so far are two people who bought clothes the other really liked, and then dressed-up, looked beautiful, and went out to dinner.
A dinner which is going swimmingly...

This is you, right, Wendy? Where is the angst? I can't find it, and I looked under the tablecloth.
ROFL, CC! goofy

All the same, I'd remind you, if you've read it, of a story of mine called Just Another Undercover Assignment. When I started writing this story, I was consciously trying to rediscover the atmosphere of JAUA, so there is a distinct absence of angst and WHAMs in this story... so far. wink CC, leave that tablecloth alone - I don't think you'll find them there. <g>

Actually, I seem to remember getting to a particular point in JAUA and being yelled at roundly by a certain member of these boards... /me is wondering what will happen this time if... Nope, I'm saying nothing!!

Pam asks:
So, will there be a seminar later on good night kisses?
LOL! Well... maybe not on kisses, exactly! evil

Part 8 coming up very soon!

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*