Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: daneel FDK-Date by Arrangement Part 7/10 - 11/23/03 10:20 AM
Date time!!! smile1 Or it isn't a date? wink

I can't wait to see how this evolves!!

hyper

Jose wave
Posted By: Saskia Re: FDK-Date by Arrangement Part 7/10 - 11/23/03 10:42 AM
Yay! The 'date.' It's great to see them dancing around each so much while we all know they're meant to be together! I wonder who's going to make the first slip so at least one of them realizes the truth. smile

And I've only just eaten, but I'm hungry again just thinking of that good Italian. With wonderful service. I have yet to find a restaurant where they remember. Even at the Mc Donalds I go to on a weekly basis they still don't know me! laugh

Now that Clark really considers this a date, do we a dance too? So they'll be really close... and who knows what might follow from that. wink

Don't leave us hanging too long, Wendy!

Saskia
Posted By: IsisLnC Re: FDK-Date by Arrangement Part 7/10 - 11/23/03 11:03 AM
“So, Clark, what do you look for in a woman?” Her silvery voice interrupted his thoughts, and he blinked, refocusing on her words.

Anything, so long as she’s you... The words almost left his lips, but he bit them back just in time.
notworthy notworthy
Wow! That was absolutely amazing...All of it! I could sit here & give happy comments on everything for hours, but I'll keep it brief! Plus I want to go re-read it again now! Bye-Bye!
Posted By: doublel Re: FDK-Date by Arrangement Part 7/10 - 11/23/03 11:36 AM
What's for desert Wendy blush laugh

doublel
Posted By: Gabriele Re: FDK-Date by Arrangement Part 7/10 - 11/23/03 01:04 PM
Charming.

I was a little surprised how openly Lois asked about Clark's ideal woman.

So Clark understood that Lois said that her ideal man is Clark - she even began to talk about "you" instead of "him".

But does Lois realize that Clark meant her?
Posted By: Kaethel Re: FDK-Date by Arrangement Part 7/10 - 11/23/03 01:29 PM
Oooh, I'm loving this story more and more with each section! goofy
Posted By: Blayne Re: FDK-Date by Arrangement Part 7/10 - 11/23/03 01:36 PM
Great post Wendy! Can't wait til the next one! Ditto to all the other comments... Post again soon please!
Posted By: KathyB Re: FDK-Date by Arrangement Part 7/10 - 11/23/03 01:43 PM
Wendy, this was a delightful section. I started reading with a smile and it didn't leave my face the entire time.

The opening scene with Lois getting ready was very well done. Not played for laughs and definitely not cloying ... but so sweet. Very charming.

Then with the date itself, you really did an excellent job of setting up the atmosphere ... they are both giddy with anticipation, yet still innocent and comfortable with each other, too. Very nice job. smile

And of course, the discussion of their ideal romantic partner was wonderful. smile I loved how Lois slipped into describing Clark -- and especially how he picked up on it. And now he's going to be even more charming? Be still my heart!

Very, very nice! And we get three more parts? I can't wait to see more!

Kathy
Posted By: BarbP Re: FDK-Date by Arrangement Part 7/10 - 11/23/03 02:17 PM
Wendy,

I'm loving this, too. But I knew I shouldn't have read this while you were posting, but waited until it was all up. Because I know I can't wait until you post the next part.

It's such a gentle love story. Yes, there was humor at first, but this part is so warm and tender--a gradual awakening of communication.

Barb.
Hi,

Great part. thumbsup
Posted By: Tank Re: FDK-Date by Arrangement Part 7/10 - 11/23/03 04:18 PM
Remind me never to read a story part about a date at a restaurant when it's dinner time and I haven't eaten yet.

Tank (who sees this moving along predictibly as expected, but wonders when the Whams start... there has to be whams...right?)
Posted By: merry Re: FDK-Date by Arrangement Part 7/10 - 11/23/03 06:45 PM
Wendy,
sorry I'm behind
just read 6&7
loved both
more
merry
Posted By: lynnm Re: FDK-Date by Arrangement Part 7/10 - 11/23/03 07:06 PM
Wendy, first let me thank you for not letting Lois cancel the date <g>. I was a bit worried about that, you know!

Second, how wonderful! I'm so glad that they are having a good time and actually enjoying each other. I know we have two sections to go and plenty of opportunity for major mishaps, but so far so good.

Can't wait for part eight...

Lynn
Posted By: Laurach Re: FDK-Date by Arrangement Part 7/10 - 11/23/03 08:02 PM
This is going along great! I agree with:

I was a little surprised how openly Lois asked about Clark's ideal woman.

So Clark understood that Lois said that her ideal man is Clark - she even began to talk about "you" instead of "him".

But does Lois realize that Clark meant her?
That surprised me also, pleasantly and I was wondering if Lois let it slip accidentally. was it the wine or was she admitting to him that he was her ideal man. I also noticed the change from him to you. Can't wait for more. Laura
Posted By: RL Re: FDK-Date by Arrangement Part 7/10 - 11/23/03 09:06 PM
Very nice, Wendy. This date's going better than I was hoping for. I think my favorite part was when they asked each other what their ideal mate was like, and both ended up describing the other to a T. Lois even unknowingly switched from talking about her ideal man to describing directly how Clark treated her as an example.

Clark's finally starting to get a clue that Lois likes him more than as a friend. Martha was being about as subtle as a tank when hinting who Clark was really in love with. Now Lois needs to get a clue.

I can't wait to find out what happens next in this non-date date. Post soon!

Well done! thumbsup
Posted By: CC Aiken Re: FDK-Date by Arrangement Part 7/10 - 11/24/03 06:19 AM
I can't figure this out for the life of me.

What we have so far are two people who bought clothes the other really liked, and then dressed-up, looked beautiful, and went out to dinner.
A dinner which is going swimmingly...

This is you, right, Wendy? Where is the angst? I can't find it, and I looked under the tablecloth.

I like your Martha. Yes, she is downright meddling, but speaking as one who has a mother-in-law of her own, I don't find her too far over the line. However, her whole plan seems to hinge on Lois keeping quiet, and not just demanding to know from Clark who the woman is. Which, I guess, means she knows and understands Lois really, really well...or she is pretty darn lucky...or you have something up your sleeve?

I would love to see Lois try to "investigate" this further. To watch Clark interact with the other women at the Planet and try to pinpoint "the one."

As you can see, Wendy, I am reading, enjoying, but baffled as to what happens next...because knowing you, it can't be as easy as it seems thus far.

CC (who may have rambled on a bit too long)
Posted By: Hazel Re: FDK-Date by Arrangement Part 7/10 - 11/24/03 06:56 AM
She was not to give the impression that she’d been ready for ages and had been waiting patiently for Clark to come.
Forgot an im there, didn't you, Lois? goofy

These last two sections were lovely and seemed very natural and real. I was especially taken with Lois' nervous fiddling right before the date, tweaking everything to make sure it was absolutely just so. Reminds me of a first date I had, oh, about twelve years ago or so. wink

I agree with CC, though, that this is most un-Wendy-like. In fact, I'm a bit worried. You can write an unangsty story, can't you, Wendy? This Clark and this Lois (have I mentioned how much I like this Lois? smile ) are doing so beautifully that I hate to see their hopes crushed.

Hazel, who hopes Lex will have a hope or two crushed in this fic laugh
Posted By: gerry Re: FDK-Date by Arrangement Part 7/10 - 11/24/03 06:36 PM
Like everyone else, I'm getting warm fuzzy feelings reading this story. It's so nice when Clark and Lois let their feelings for each other unravel slowly without either of them doing something stupid.

I'm ready for my next dose....

gerry
Posted By: TriciaW Re: FDK-Date by Arrangement Part 7/10 - 11/24/03 11:16 PM
Wendy

WOW! I love this part. smile1

Tricia cool
Posted By: ChiefPam Re: FDK-Date by Arrangement Part 7/10 - 11/25/03 09:28 AM
Eek, I forgot to comment on this before...

This was a lovely date, very romantic. In a stealthy kinda way smile I'm sure it will be very educational for both of them!

So, will there be a seminar later on good night kisses? goofy

PJ
Posted By: Wendymr Re: FDK-Date by Arrangement Part 7/10 - 11/27/03 01:07 PM
Hi guys!

What a wonderful reaction to an instalment! This is really lovely of you - I'm delighted and very grateful. smile I'm so glad you liked the date!

Lynn, there was no chance of Lois cancelling the date, really. wink I think I'd have been lynched if I did that!

Tank, Saskia, sorry for making you hungry. Yup, Italian food is really excellent, isn't it? And that's not even mentioning the desserts. <g>

Kathy, you really made me blush:
The opening scene with Lois getting ready was very well done. Not played for laughs and definitely not cloying ... but so sweet. Very charming.

Then with the date itself, you really did an excellent job of setting up the atmosphere ... they are both giddy with anticipation, yet still innocent and comfortable with each other, too. Very nice job.

And of course, the discussion of their ideal romantic partner was wonderful. I loved how Lois slipped into describing Clark -- and especially how he picked up on it. And now he's going to be even more charming? Be still my heart!
Wow! blush But thank you so much. I was hoping that this would be suitably WAFFy and romantic, but not over the top or boring. So phew!!

Isis, you made me blush furiously too. Thank you!

I'm glad so many people noticed Lois's slip when describing her ideal man. Yup, she was describing Clark, and that little slip is something of an epiphany for her, as you'll see. Glad it worked!

Now, some readers seem to be rather worried about me:

Tank (who sees this moving along predictibly as expected, but wonders when the Whams start... there has to be whams...right?)
Well...

I can't figure this out for the life of me.

What we have so far are two people who bought clothes the other really liked, and then dressed-up, looked beautiful, and went out to dinner.
A dinner which is going swimmingly...

This is you, right, Wendy? Where is the angst? I can't find it, and I looked under the tablecloth.
ROFL, CC! goofy

All the same, I'd remind you, if you've read it, of a story of mine called Just Another Undercover Assignment. When I started writing this story, I was consciously trying to rediscover the atmosphere of JAUA, so there is a distinct absence of angst and WHAMs in this story... so far. wink CC, leave that tablecloth alone - I don't think you'll find them there. <g>

Actually, I seem to remember getting to a particular point in JAUA and being yelled at roundly by a certain member of these boards... /me is wondering what will happen this time if... Nope, I'm saying nothing!!

Pam asks:
So, will there be a seminar later on good night kisses?
LOL! Well... maybe not on kisses, exactly! evil

Part 8 coming up very soon!

Wendy smile
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards