Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Missing Lois - TOC

A taste of Chapter 7, Part 5...

Kal’s Lucy held on to Clark’s hand. “I’m OK. I’m okay. I’m OK,” she repeated, squeezing his hand tighter and tighter and tighter. She released a breath, relaxing against his shoulder. They sat next to each other in her bed.

“How’s the baby’s heart rate?” Sam asked from the doorway.

Clark lifted his hand from her exposed belly. “Sorry, I forgot to count. I was trying to calm her.” He wasn’t talking about the mother.

“Is she scared?” Lois asked, worried.

“Birth is life’s first adventure, sweetie,” Sam replied. “We all live through it and never remember it. Thank God.”

“She’s happy I’m here with you. She doesn’t want you to be alone.”

Sam threw up his hands at the slight. “Next contraction, time it and count heart beats, please.” He tossed Clark the stopwatch. “I’m going to go lie down. Call me with any major changes.”

They were alone for the first time in weeks, since his Lois had revealed she was Ultra Woman. “I’m sorry I’m late.” Clark kissed her cheek. “When did the contractions start?”

“Last night sometime. I haven’t gotten any sleep really.”

“Oh, Lois, I’m sorry.” He snuggled up against her. “Try to get some now, before the contractions get too close together. Sam said you still have a while to go.”

Lois sneered. “James was right. I am dreadfully unprepared. This isn’t something you can learn in a book. The pain has gone from discomfort to cramping to shooting to agony and I still have the worst to go.”

Clark kissed her head again. “I won’t leave you. Promise.”

“Even for nuclear war?” she asked, hopefully.

“Why? Have you heard something?” He grinned, knowing she was only joking. “Ultra Woman can handle anything that comes up,” he told her, hoping nothing came up. “This was why you came here, so you wouldn’t have to go through this alone.”
Please post feedback here. Thank you.

Last edited by VirginiaR; 02/08/15 08:36 PM. Reason: Fix Broken Links

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
Yeah! The baby is finally coming. smile1

Joan

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Joan: Yep, baby is on the way. What will labor hold for Lois? Will the curse really rear its ugly head?

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Clark sat down at the kitchen table and set his head in his hands. Lucy El was the woman he made love to before he left for New Krypton – his Lois.
laugh

Oh my God!
He had *two* Loises all for him! drool

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
This Clark ate dinner with them, whenever he could, but his girlfriend kept a close eye on him. Ultra Woman didn’t like him touching Lois’s tummy and communicating with the baby.
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Michael: wave

He had *two* Loises all for him!
Just not at the same time.

Well, Clark. Once there was a frog mommy and a frog daddy. And then the stork came and took them away. But he missed the lots and lots of little frog spawn in the pond, which was then found by the nicest crime boss of the land and the hills and the woods. He took the frog spawn with him and gave it lots of little frog pieces to let it grow and then he kissed it and the frog spawn turned into this beautiful lady with an appetite for frogs. The crime boss then showed her how to make the greatest superhero of the land and the hills and the woods happy and sent her off to be his bride. And in return, all he wanted was the woman whom the superhero had chosen for his wife. But then, when the switch was made, the woman suddenly disappeared for almost a second, and when she returned she did not remember a thing. Except that she was in love with the best doctor in the land and the hills and the trees.

“Mom! Lois. My bed. Who *is* she?”
rotflol

Wait, you’re not planning on offing Kal’s Lois and just returning the baby, are you. I mean, there’s evidence that she’s alive in the future. Okay, just future evidence, but sill. /wonders if the paradox of the temporally displaced Lois could still be resolved… Maybe, through the dimensional barrier. Kal’s Lois would disappear without a stand in, but the general timeline would remain preserved. And with the baby born on the other side, it might be home free.
cool

No, Clark. You can’t break the dimensional barrier that way.
Hey, it's worth a shot.

He could start with: “Remember those articles in the Dirt Digger a couple of weeks ago…?”
Superman got Lois Lane Kent pregnant?

Awwwwww! She’s adorable. Can we keep her?
Nope, she has to have the baby or she'll explode.

So, Lois gets chocolates for Valentine’s Day and the supers get each other? Yeah, that’s gonna sit well with Lois.
The chocolates were from Alt-Lois/UW to canon Lois.

Hey, better than having them indoors all night long?
Probably.

Really? Still? What else does Sam want? They’re now officially married according to Kryptonian law. And if they spend a night in the Meteor (Alt-Lexor) under the name of Mr. and Mrs. El, they’d be officially married according to New Troy law, too.
Well, technically, Lex Luthor is still alive.

Oh? But it’s too early for Luckerbee. Or is that still from the Red K? Or his kiss?
Clark has realized he is living with stand-in Lois and not quite sure what to do about it.

Really? Am not so sure
We believe it was the deep chocolate fudge cake that started my contractions a day early with my first child. wink But maybe that was just an urban myth.

He’s one cool doctor.
Actually, that line was based on a true story.

Also, it would make Our-Lois remember all those things, like getting kidnapped, and that would be an added bonus.
Sorry, I really tried to keep canon canon.

Lois. He’s just trying to help.
Sam, stop stating the obvious!

Very interesting exchange of peaks and valleys. But very wet.
Thank God for heat vision.

So, telepathy? Or just more in tune?
Latter.

So, he will get knocked over the head later?
Probably. But he's getting so used to it, it's becoming part of the ritual.

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
wave
You made it!
/whispers about NH-Epilogue wink

Superman got Lois Lane Kent pregnant?
Yep.

Nope, she has to have the baby or she'll explode.
wave Michael

Columnist
Columnist
frown I want real Clark to be here too!

.talk nerdy to me.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by MrsLuthor:
frown I want real Clark to be here too!
I seem to be the only person who remembers that it is currently February and canon Clark doesn't meet the baby until the finale in May. (canon facts are facts). Unless of course, he LIED to Lois and had already met the baby and knew she'd be showing up eventually...

VirginiaR.
---
Columnist
Columnist
Originally posted by VirginiaR:
Originally posted by MrsLuthor:
[b] frown I want real Clark to be here too!
I seem to be the only person who remembers that it is currently February and canon Clark doesn't meet the baby until the finale in May. (canon facts are facts). Unless of course, he LIED to Lois and had already met the baby and knew she'd be showing up eventually... [/b]
Oh fiiiineee! I'll accept this. I won't complain until I'm finished reading and see what you do with these people. lol grumble

.talk nerdy to me.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard