Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Missing Lois - TOC

A taste of Chapter 7, Part 3...

Clark turned to Lois as they arrived at the Mayor’s house that evening. “I should have brought Lucy. He’s expecting her.”

Lois raised a brow. “I am Lucy now, Clark.”

“Yes, but he’ll know that you’re not her.”

“I know I failed miserably with Mayson, but I’ve learned tons about this persona since then. I can do this.”

Clark shrugged. “Oh, well. Maybe, it’s best he knows that you’re alive as he’s one of your best friends.”

“Ye of little faith.” Lois shook her head.

“Ye forgetful of Perry’s powers of perception,” Clark reminded her as the door opened. One of Perry’s assistants led them to his office.

They sat in his home office for roughly two minutes before Perry arrived. He dismissed his assistant and shut the door firmly behind him. Then the mayor turned to them with a big smile. “Clark! Lucy!” He greeted them each with a hug and then he went to the stereo in the corner and turned on Elvis.

Perry didn’t hug people and he despised people who hugged as a greeting. Clark shifted uncomfortably in his chair. Great. Elvis, too. What was the Mayor up to?

“Rough week. Rough week.” Perry sighed, heading over to his rollaway bar and pouring three Scotches. He handed one to Clark, offered one to Lois, but when she turned him down, he took the other two to his desk.

“Clark, did I ever tell you why I hired you at the Daily Planet?”

“For my writing skills, I hope,” Clark replied, wondering at this segue.

“Yes, of course.” Perry wiped his words from the air. “I worded that poorly. Do you know why I gave you a chance to prove your reporting skills?”

“My writing samples?”

“The Borneo tree frog? Ah. No, Clark. Because someone gave you a reference.”
Please post feedback here. Thank you.

Last edited by VirginiaR; 02/08/15 08:30 PM. Reason: Fix Broken Links

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
/looks around in disturbing emptiness of space/

Meanwhile back at the Daily Planet in Lucy’s home dimension…
Oh?

Which reminds me. You said the end of March for Vixen, so what’s-her-name will stay a couple more weeks in Oz before returning home after the delivery? And what’s up with Lois calling her twin ‘what’s-her-name’? Is she really that jealous?

“How much do we owe you for our share of Chinese food the other night? Sorry about ditching you like that.”
Huh. So, Vixen was before the dinner? Now I’m really confused…

“Wouldn’t want to write the article,” murmured Ralph, pouring himself a cup of coffee. “And we sure don’t want you to write it, Lois.”
confused

“After you went bonkers last summer, I ended up with that teen pregnancy article Perry had assigned you. Never again.” Ralph raised his hands and laughed.
Ooops, I really forgot about that after all those pages blush

Fine, she couldn’t remember my girlfriend’s name, but same old Lois, otherwise.”
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Michael: Don't you know I scare off readers by the droves? wink

Which reminds me. You said the end of March for Vixen, so what’s-her-name will stay a couple more weeks in Oz before returning home after the delivery? And what’s up with Lois calling her twin ‘what’s-her-name’? Is she really that jealous?
Gold dust robber - alt-dimension. Lucy called Lois "What's her name"? Explained in last FDK, but also in-joke about me switching their names back and forth. laugh clap

Gee, what’s with all the Kryptonians threatening doctors?
She's warning, not threatening.

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Don't you know I scare off readers by the droves?
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
/hugs Virginia/ But this story is so great! /is reminded of ye olden days when there have been much more epics on the boards/ And don't you go anywhere!
You're so sweet! Maybe everyone was waiting until it was on the Archives and is in one piece. wink BTW, one of the first stories I ever wrote (back a century ago in middle school) ended up being so long it was a novel. I don't do short well.

Wasn't there a comedy or a sitcom where they joked that 'and Zombies' improved every movie or something like that?
That quote sounds vaguly familiar, but I was spoofing off "Pride and Prejudice and Zombies". laugh

VirginiaR.
---

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard