Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Missing Lois - TOC

A taste of Chapter 6, Part 11...

Martha set down the letter, reached over and hugged him. “Oh, Clark. I’m sorry. So very sorry.”

Clark looked down at the folded letter and then back at Martha, confused. “Why? What did she say?”

Martha’s mouth hung open a moment in surprise. Lois had never told him about the baby. She swallowed. “Tell me about the accident.”

“She told you about that?” He seemed dismayed.

“No. She told me about Clark being there for her, when Superman wasn’t. You still haven’t told her?”

Clark gazed down in shame. “No, I haven’t. Lois and I – Clark, I – have been getting along so well as friends…”

“No, you haven’t. Tell me what happened, Clark.”

“What did she write?” he asked, but Martha pulled the letter away. She raised her eyebrows.

Clark sat down in the chair next to her and buried his face in his hands. “She drove off in to a snowstorm while Kal – your Clark – and I were fighting. Her car slid off the road and was knocked into a ditch by a snowplow.”

“Oh, Clark.” Martha took hold of his hand.

“Her head was bleeding and her neck and spine seemed wrong,” he whispered, a tear running down his cheek. “Her heartbeat was weak when I pulled her out. I was rushing her to the hospital when we got struck out of the sky by lightning. We landed in the woods, there, by the house. She looked at me, said my name, and passed out.” His voice shook. “I was sure she was dead.”

Martha said nothing, just stared at him, her jaw hanging open. “Lightning?”

“Yeah. It was one of those freak electrical snowstorms.”

Martha nodded. “Go on.”
Thank you for reading. Please post feedback here.

Last edited by VirginiaR; 01/27/15 06:51 PM. Reason: Fix Broken Links

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
Love Lois under the guise of Lucy is feeding Bobby Bigmouth.

It figures that Luther is putting up a fuss about the divorce. I hope Lois and Clark can figure something out.

I hope Lois tells Clark she knows his secret soon!

Joan

T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
I'm liking this Lois more and more. She has a bit of nasty to her that will probably be needed as she deals with Lex.

The fact that Clark is going to be on the receiving end of some of that too is only a bonus.

Looking forward to more.

Tank (who wonders who Lois is going to come back as when she 'kills' herself)

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Joan: Sometimes Lois needs to ... Edited for possible Spoilage laugh

Tank: Glad you like alt-Lois. I find she's more fun to write than canon Lois, because she doesn't have canon Lois's hang-ups and she still has some of Lois's S1 nastiness. goofy

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Here we go again. Oh dear. Oh dear.
and she still has some of Lois's S1 nastiness.
*hugs nasty Lois*

Whoever the thief was, they were fast.
So, who’s gonna figure it out first? And will Lucy start banging her head against a wall when Replacement-Lois starts getting mind-spied on. /mutters about having blocked out the name of Jr.’s toy./

. Gareth was standing next to Lois, talking to her, waving a hand in front of her face. She looked catatonic.
Oh dear.

“Thank God, Clark. Maybe you can do something. I think I broke her. Sorry.”
Umm… ‘sorry’? Does he really think that’s a wise and *safe* thing to say to Clark at this moment? Oh, and clap

Usually, there’s a funny story when best friends meet. It becomes an anecdote and everyone laughs. I didn’t realize your story wasn’t one of those.”
clap

Had they met before Singapore? Did she remember and told Gareth? “Go on.”
DunDunDunDun!

“I knew she must have a reason for covering herself up like that, I thought she was pregnant, but it stems back to that night, doesn’t it?
Yep. Shoe fits. Must be Cinderella.

That kind of terror scars a woman for life. I saw it countless times back in London.”

What had Lois told him?
Clark! *Think* Those hints should be enough to give you instant nightmares, oh world-travelled reporter and superhero.

“It’s probably just low blood sugar, she’ll be fine,” he reassured him.

“Clark, she hasn’t moved in over an hour.”
Well. Robot. No fuel. Duh!

“Honey?”

She blinked, once and then once again. Clark turned to Gareth and smiled. His boss looked relieved.
clap So, only motor functions shut down while in energy conservation mode. Brain is still powered up.

“It’s just a job, right? It doesn’t mean anything, really? A person is more than what they do,” she said in reply.
confused

“A person can start over, become someone else, if the motivation is strong enough. It’s that or death, because that life would be worse than death.” He saw an epiphany light up her eyes. “I could die.”
I’m getting a vibe there. It’s either him or her. And killing him is supposedly not okay with the authorities.

“Oh?” Lois turned and waved at her boss who was still staring at them from his office. Hesitantly, he waved back. She looked at Clark once more.
Thinking about running back to Jolly Old?

It’s you. Perry knew; that’s what he was trying to tell me.”
Huh. Did you leave hints before? Big, broad, flashing hints that I missed?

Her brow furrowed. “Mad? Why would I be mad, Clark?”

OK, Lois didn’t know about Superman;
/buzzzzzz/

What? “That makes no sense.”
Well… It’s one of those Lois days.

“Lois Lane,” he growled. Every one of them.
clap

Lucy watched as she went over to her room and returned with a box of chocolates.

“You still have some left? I thought we polished them off the other day.”

Lois smiled. “Not yet. He really outdid himself.”
clap

“Two years, though, Lucy? Come on. Didn’t the wow factor kind-of give him away?”

“Wow factor?” Lucy shook her head, confused.

Lois mouthed the word ‘Wow.’
laugh Umm…

Lois’s jaw dropped. “Two years?” She patted Lucy’s arm in sympathy. “I’m so sorry.”
Lois! She is a *naughty* one, that one.

“Three years!”
And now her world comes apart at the seams. Although, she went three years without, too. Better not tell her that Lucy went much, much longer than that.

“Oh, my God!” Lois giggled. “You mean, he was.”
Yes. Canon-Lois is known for breaking-in the Kryptonian merchandise. You may send her a thank-you card later.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Lois handed her another chocolate.
She’s making her talk with chocolate clap

. “If I still didn’t know that they were one and same, I wouldn’t be making excuses for Superman any more, would I? I’d have moved on.” A hint of a smile graced her lips. “Moved on to Clark Kent.”
So, act in character?

“But him I can locate.”
clap

“I think my plan should include a little bit of pain for our Mr. Kent.” Lois rubbed her hands together. “I was going to tell him, but I think it would be little more believable if he didn’t know the truth. Just let the truth of his feelings hit him square in the face.”
Oooooooooooh!

“Lois!” Lucy gasped, shocked. “We aren’t trying to become evil, remember.”
/shrugs/ Who says anything about *trying*? She is Mrs. Luthor, after all.

You want him to tell you the truth, you need to let him know he can have both his cake and eat it, too.
This does sound dirty.

“That’s what I was missing. I need to get them involved. Clark’s right. You are a genius.”
confused And considering… clap

That you don’t even know how to boil water. I expect to be treated better than… What’s that smell?”
/cocks eyebrow/

“Beef bourguignon. Lois has been giving me a few cooking lessons.”
And it burned? And Lucy is actually picking up stuff? Enough to get Bobby to come over?

Bobby started to drool. “Lois? Lois Lane? Do you know when she left town, I lost thirty five pounds in the first month alone?”
evil

Bobby’s big mouth didn’t stop talking throughout the hour it took him to eat all the food that Lucy kept putting in front of him.
Which would have been the point laugh

Lex plans on announcing to the world that we were a perfectly happy couple until Superman kidnapped his wife and that our marriage dissolved due to marriage infidelity on my part with Superman as the co-plaintiff.
Couldn’t she go on Operah and tell the world how her husband tricked her into marriage while she was having amnesia. And then, when she decided he wasn’t that much fun in bad, tried to rape her, blinded her, cloned her, went into her head, and stuff?

So, it looks like I’m going to be married to Lex until one of us dies.
At which point I had completely disregarded earlier hints. Evil. So evil. Anyhow, can’t they help things along with Lex? Maybe they could trick Jr. into killing his father and eating his liver?

Tell my Clark that I love him. I love him so much, it hurts not to be near him.
confused

I can take it no longer.
huh

Someone other than him needs to take control of our relationship, and I’m afraid it falls on me to make the hard decision, alone, because he will not admit to me how I know he feels.
So, she’s going to make him understand. But why the letter?

Life would be simpler for everybody, if I were dead.
Kill Lois Lane?

. I wonder each day, if he had been right instead of wrong, would it have made a difference?
So, she’s making sure Clark thinks she wasn’t pregnant?

Daddy says I’m lucky Superman can’t have children. Strange, I don’t feel lucky.
mecry

Is she going to give up Lois Lane?

Michael, who’s still got 2 more read chapters to FDK to.

PS: And man, it’s hard to stop. And even harder to FDK if you don’t stop.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Michael: I meant "nasty" in a good way! blush

So, who’s gonna figure it out first?
cool

And will Lucy start banging her head against a wall when Replacement-Lois starts getting mind-spied on. /mutters about having blocked out the name of Jr.’s toy./
Vixen doesn't show up until Late March 1997.

‘sorry’? Does he really think that’s a wise and *safe* thing to say to Clark at this moment?
Honesty is always the best policy with CK.

Clark! *Think* Those hints should be enough to give you instant nightmares, oh world-travelled reporter and superhero.
So close!

Thinking about running back to Jolly Old?
Gee, if this part has you running back to my silly stories... I do believe I mentioned ML=drama with some funny parts.

Huh. Did you leave hints before? Big, broad, flashing hints that I missed?
No, subtle hints that you missed.

And now her world comes apart at the seams. Although, she went three years without, too. Better not tell her that Lucy went much, much longer than that.
See, technically, they both had to wait three+ years to get their Clark. clap

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I meant "nasty" in a good way!
So, I'm not allowed to hug a Lois who's nasty in a good wa- erm, never mind.

Vixen doesn't show up until Late March 1997.
But, you said they were fast and left only left a golden shimmer behind. That was Vixen. So confused

Gee, if this part has you running back to my silly stories... I do believe I mentioned ML=drama with some funny parts.
I was thinking Gareth running back to Jolly Old England.

No, subtle hints that you missed.
goofy

As long as the card doesn't say, "you break it, you bought it".
wave Michael

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
But, you said they were fast and left only left a golden shimmer behind. That was Vixen. So
Sorry, blush I thought you were speaking of canon Vixen, not one of alt variety.

I was thinking Gareth running back to Jolly Old England.
blush

Oh, dear, two blush . I guess some of us shouldn't answer FDK late into the night. wave

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Clark returned to the office a couple of hours later. There was a robbery at one of the scientific labs. Computer chips had been stolen. Whoever the thief was, they were fast.
jawdrop Oops. I thought Lois was remembering the dream. So, Alt-Vixen. Duh! blush blush blush And super-powered Lois will have so much fun with her. /imagines the wrestling/make-out scene from the show, only with Alt-Lois there, tapping an angry foot because of Alt-Clark's antics.

Michael

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard