Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Missing Lois - TOC

A taste of Chapter 6, Part 10...

Clark went out to Lois’s desk and sat down next to her. “Lois?” he whispered, so only she could hear. She still didn’t react. He took hold of her hand. “Honey?”

She blinked, once and then once again. Clark turned to Gareth and smiled. His boss looked relieved.

“Lois, are you all right?”

“It’s just a job, right? It doesn’t mean anything, really? A person is more than what they do,” she said in reply.

What was she talking about? Had Lois figured out about him and Superman? Was that the job she was talking about? “Of course.”

“A person can start over, become someone else, if the motivation is strong enough. It’s that or death, because that life would be worse than death.” He saw an epiphany light up her eyes. “I could die.”

Clark squeeze her hand. “Lois, you’re scaring me.”

She glanced over at him, noticing him for the first time and smiled. “Hi, Clark.”

“Are you okay? You freaked out Gareth.”

“Oh?” Lois turned and waved at her boss who was still staring at them from his office. Hesitantly, he waved back. She looked at Clark once more.

“What did you tell him?” he asked, hesitantly. He wanted to know, he needed to know.

“I told him about that night we met,” she replied.

“So, he told me.”

“I hadn’t thought about that night in years. Pushed it to the back of my mind. How come I never saw it before?” Lois cupped his jaw with her hand. “Here you were, right in front of me the whole time and I never saw you. Of course, it’s you. Same jaw, same caring eyes. That’s why I felt what I did; why I recognized your touch. It’s you. Perry knew; that’s what he was trying to tell me.”

Clark swallowed. Did Perry tell her about Superman? “How mad are you?”

Her brow furrowed. “Mad? Why would I be mad, Clark?”

OK, Lois didn’t know about Superman; that would certainly make her mad. She was talking about something else. He shook his head. What was she talking about, then?

“This changes everything, Clark. I know what I have to do, now.” Lois kissed his cheek. “Thank you. That’s long overdue, I know.”
I would like to thank M.L. Thompson's story The Time Traveler's Wife for inspiring me to go back and have alt-Clark and alt-Lois meet way back when. This was one of the first stories I read online and it also inspired me to start writing fan fiction as well. Thank you.

Please post feedback here. Thank you.

Last edited by VirginiaR; 01/27/15 06:47 PM.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
(Sorry to double post blush )

Glad we get our sneak preview.

I was wondering how you were going to explain Lois knowing Clark Kent before she seemed to meet him. The hidden memory of her night on campus makes sense. Under those circumstances, of course the name Clark Kent would have significant meaning. And if he rescued her before, he would rescue her again.

I wonder if Alt-Clark realized who she was at that time or even had the tinest inkling that she would be important to him.

Joan

rkn Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
A very interesting turn of events!

thanks!

rkn
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Joan: Sorry about the lag time between posting story and the FDK. There was a case of RL interuptus here. laugh Edited for Spoilage Alt-Lois has a way of keeping Clark on his toes and yet feeling lost all at the same time.

rkn: Thank you for the comment.

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
hyper

He took a few steps back and then started to run, several of the reporters followed him.
Maybe he could stumble and crash down the stairs? Soil his britches? Yes?

Lucy leaned over to Clark, “James now has his grounds for termination.”
What for?

“Oh, Clark. What are we going to do?” He heard her voice, inside his head. How was that possible? He glanced at Lucy.
*G* Looks like Lucy owns Lois another five.

“Hi, darling. I was just thinking about you. What’s up?”

“I hate it that you’re always right.”

Perry chuckled. “What am I right about this time?”

“That I am bad for him.”
Awwwww

“Lex won’t grant me a divorce,” she whispered. “If I proceed with the divorce decree, he’s going to add Clark as a co-plaintiff and accuse us both of infidelity, publicly.”
Huh. Can he do that?

“But you haven’t slept with Clark.”
Well, not publically. And not very often.

He promises if I drop the divorce and agree never to see Clark again or any other man for that matter, he’ll allow me my freedom to live and work where-ever I want.
So, girls would then be okay?

Lex’ll even stop trying to kidnap me and won’t smear Clark’s good name. I just have to stay married to Lex.”
clap

When in doubt, the best lie was thinly veiled truth. “We met at Mid West U. Kansas State was playing Mid West and I’d taken a five hour bus ride there from the city with a friend of mine, Molly, who wanted to visit her boyfriend.”
Okay? Is that first story about Molly and Ryan?

Clark was quarterback for Kansas State. He played a good game; they won, I remember.
Did Clark and Lois? Did Clark cheat on Lana. And then dump Lois the next morning in his guilt? Did that cause Lois to be the Lois she is? eek

She went quiet, not wanting to remember what happened that night at Mid West. The loud screams, the drunk fans, the chaos, the crowds, the jostling, the music pumping out of the frat houses, the bright lights against the dark sky, the cold wind that made her shiver through her light jacket.
Eeeeeep! I don’t like where that’s heading!

Stumbled indeed, they were plastered drunk. Some of them had faces painted in Mid West colors and they were angry as hell that their team had not only lost to Kansas State, but also to Met U, the previous week. And she had been wearing her Met U sweatshirt. She had ran, but not fast enough. They had caught her and held her down in the bushes. She had screamed.
Eeeeeep! Eeeeeep! Eeeeeep! Eeeeeep! Eeeeeep! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP!
mecry

And now as Ultra Woman, a man could never take that power away from her again.
Eeep?

It was time to take action and make her life her own again. She only had to figure out what it was she really wanted and how to get it.
*gulp*

Lois took a deep breath. “Yes. Do you still have my stuff from college or did you donate it somewhere?” She held her breath in anticipation.
Ooooh, she going to surprise Clark?

How in the world could she leave him now, when she had been searching for him all of her life?
*wew* and Eeep? Eep? Eeep?

peep Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Micheal: ATTEMPTED, Michael. Not SUCCESSFUL.

Still, his faux pas start to pile up there.
But he's got that cute British accent thing going on, so they'll forgive a lot.

Ooooooh, is Jaxon sure that he hadn’t an appointment scheduled for that night?
What? You think he's walking into a trap?

Well, looks like Hugh can try again to get an interview!
Only if she needs extra funds when her roommate absconds with her checking account.

Hey, she’s only his *step* mother. And it’s normal for the hot step mother to switch her hubby from father to son in those kind of families. You know, ‘families’.
Like the Church's?

So, ‘evil’ instead? Piece of human waste product? Simian posterior?
Well, Lex IS his dad.

And one with a tighter midriff?
How'd you guess?

What’s up with the trains. They keep having accidents at an alarming rate.
It's winter. Tracks are icy?

That’s called microwaving the husband through the window.
In front of his lawyer? Probably not a good idea. But sending x-rays towards him to make him sterile? Of course, then he'd have to x-ray... ugh! :p Never mind.

And we’re all lucky Lex didn’t try that approach…
Lex LOVES her.

Ooooooh! Are they going to lynch him? String him up on the globe? Maybe he could stumble and crash down the stairs? Soil his britches? Yes?
evil not devil .

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
ATTEMPTED, Michael. Not SUCCESSFUL.
Eeep?

But he's got that cute British accent thing going on, so they'll forgive a lot.
I forgot. He's original British, or an American sent over there? And clap /suddenly imagines him looking like Anthony Stuart Head. Yep, Giles from Buffy in that role would be fun clap

Only if she needs extra funds when her roommate absconds with her checking account.
clap Well, she's got to do the photos when she's still looking young and toned. Oh, right...

Like the Church's?
/shrugs innocently/

How'd you guess?
huh Lucky coincidence?

But sending x-rays towards him to make him sterile? Of course, then he'd have to x-ray... ugh! [Razz] Never mind.
Clark: "Huh. No wonder Lois calls me Mr. Amazing." Also, Lex would probably not notice sterility.

Lex LOVES her.
Kill what you love? It makes you stronger?

Actually, I started to like Jaxon. Maybe he'll turn into a nice guy?
shock Boyfriend for the original Lucy?

Corporate espionage.
Ummm...
I still thought she was mental, even after she came back here, until father said he wanted to own the Daily Planet.
It's clear that he worked here before Lex developed an interest. And he never admitted to doing any spying on the Planet. Don't think it would hold in court.

Only if she allows him to install video cameras.
He could send her Lolas to play with?

NO, curse? She'd be dead, remember?
Duh!

Plus, Clark didn't cheat on Lana. Good guy!
Well, Lois *is* is soulmate. And he and Lana were on a break. At least, he thought so, when he saw Lana pressed against the wall and the Kansas State football team standing in line behind the linebacker.

You really can't believe that he didn't boink Lana, can you?
Who said anything about that? It went Lois. Not Lana. Lucy. Lois.

See, Michael. Attempted, not successful. I'm [Evil] not [Devil] .
Eeep?

peep Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Columnist
Columnist
Oh em geee!!! It just keeps getting better!!!

.talk nerdy to me.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by MrsLuthor:
Oh em geee!!! It just keeps getting better!!!
blush Thanks. I'll take comments like this one, anytime! smile1

VirginiaR.
---
Columnist
Columnist
Originally posted by VirginiaR:
[b] Oh em geee!!! It just keeps getting better!!!
blush Thanks. I'll take comments like this one, anytime! smile1 [/b]
You're killing me! I can't stop reading! I've been in bed for like 3 hours and I keep reading on my iPhone instead of going to sleep lol.

.talk nerdy to me.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
You're killing me! I can't stop reading! I've been in bed for like 3 hours and I keep reading on my iPhone instead of going to sleep lol.
Oh, dear. blush Mrs. Luthor, hope you survived the night. Nor have a bad case of "luggage" or became cross-eyed. wink I am always amazed when people can read such small screens for so long.

VirginiaR.
---
Columnist
Columnist
Originally posted by VirginiaR:
[b] You're killing me! I can't stop reading! I've been in bed for like 3 hours and I keep reading on my iPhone instead of going to sleep lol.
Oh, dear. blush Mrs. Luthor, hope you survived the night. Nor have a bad case of "luggage" or became cross-eyed. wink I am always amazed when people can read such small screens for so long. [/b]
Lol I'm nearsighted, so I hold it really close to my face in bed (Glasses are off). It looks really big then lol

I got about 3 hours sleep, and I actually had a lovely first day with the exception of running into my arch nemesis in my class. *shifty eyes*

.talk nerdy to me.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard