Missing Lois - TOC

A taste of Chapter 6, Part 10...

Clark went out to Lois’s desk and sat down next to her. “Lois?” he whispered, so only she could hear. She still didn’t react. He took hold of her hand. “Honey?”

She blinked, once and then once again. Clark turned to Gareth and smiled. His boss looked relieved.

“Lois, are you all right?”

“It’s just a job, right? It doesn’t mean anything, really? A person is more than what they do,” she said in reply.

What was she talking about? Had Lois figured out about him and Superman? Was that the job she was talking about? “Of course.”

“A person can start over, become someone else, if the motivation is strong enough. It’s that or death, because that life would be worse than death.” He saw an epiphany light up her eyes. “I could die.”

Clark squeeze her hand. “Lois, you’re scaring me.”

She glanced over at him, noticing him for the first time and smiled. “Hi, Clark.”

“Are you okay? You freaked out Gareth.”

“Oh?” Lois turned and waved at her boss who was still staring at them from his office. Hesitantly, he waved back. She looked at Clark once more.

“What did you tell him?” he asked, hesitantly. He wanted to know, he needed to know.

“I told him about that night we met,” she replied.

“So, he told me.”

“I hadn’t thought about that night in years. Pushed it to the back of my mind. How come I never saw it before?” Lois cupped his jaw with her hand. “Here you were, right in front of me the whole time and I never saw you. Of course, it’s you. Same jaw, same caring eyes. That’s why I felt what I did; why I recognized your touch. It’s you. Perry knew; that’s what he was trying to tell me.”

Clark swallowed. Did Perry tell her about Superman? “How mad are you?”

Her brow furrowed. “Mad? Why would I be mad, Clark?”

OK, Lois didn’t know about Superman; that would certainly make her mad. She was talking about something else. He shook his head. What was she talking about, then?

“This changes everything, Clark. I know what I have to do, now.” Lois kissed his cheek. “Thank you. That’s long overdue, I know.”
I would like to thank M.L. Thompson's story The Time Traveler's Wife for inspiring me to go back and have alt-Clark and alt-Lois meet way back when. This was one of the first stories I read online and it also inspired me to start writing fan fiction as well. Thank you.

Please post feedback here. Thank you.

Last edited by VirginiaR; 01/27/15 06:47 PM.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.