Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Missing Lois - TOC

A taste of Chapter 5, Part 8...

“I brought croissants and pain au chocolat from Paris. Your favorite boulangerie.”

Lucy blew him a kiss. “They were open? Oh, Clark, you’re the best.” She watched him look around again.

“She’s not up, yet. Mrs. Claus was up late last night decorating the apartment.”

Sam nodded, looking around. “It looks nice. She does love the holidays.”

Clark slyly grinned and Lucy raised a brow at him. He ducked quickly into the kitchen with the pastries. Guess Lois had some Super help with the decorating. Lucy wasn’t going to get involved. If they screwed up Superman’s life, that was their business. She done playing chaperone. At least, they hadn’t woken her up. But then again, she had been sleeping like a hibernating bear recently. “I wonder if the speed healing will mean no stretch marks. That would be a bonus.”

Sam brought her a blanket and sat down next to her. “How are you feeling?”

Hadn’t they covered that? “Fine, Sam. No pain. No dizziness. Just exhaustion. Hey, Clark, ever hear of an elf from the fifth dimension who calls himself Mister…”

Clark came out of the kitchen, bringing a steaming mug of hot cocoa with whipped cream for her.

Lucy sighed appreciatively. “How do you do that?” He always knew what she needed. No matter what the dimension Clark Kent was simply the best.

Sam clapped. “Oh, that looks good.” He went into the kitchen for one of his own.

Clark handed a mug to her with a slight bow. “For you, milady.”

“I love you, you know,” she said. “You give me hope that I’ll survive this dimension and make it home again.”

Clark knelt down beside her with a grin. “Who knew the power chocolate had over you, Lois?” he murmured, gazing up at her. He glanced over his shoulder down the hall, then back at her, lowering his voice even more. “I love you, too.”

Lucy took a sip of her cocoa. “You going to tell her today?”

Fear showed in his eyes. “God, no.”

She placed a reassuring hand on his arm. “She’ll still love you, you big chicken.”

Clark gulped and she could see that he didn’t believe her.

“How could she not?” She smiled at him.
Lots of thanks to my wonderful Beta Readers. You're the best. thumbsup

Please post feedback here.

Last edited by VirginiaR; 01/12/15 04:37 PM. Reason: Fix Broken Links

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Cute chapter. I need chocolate now. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
I
Blogger
Blogger
I
Nice chapter. I love this Alt Lois.

S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
How funny - it was our Lois calling Clark vanilla.

It would be like having vanilla ice-cream my entire life, except for one weekend when I was able to eat double, fudge ripple with chocolate chunks and then be told I have to eat vanilla from then on. It won’t taste the same.”
This is sweet:

“What I am saying is that I love you so much that I will wait for you, no matter how long it takes for you to rid yourself of that horrible man. You are worth it.”
Very clever Clark:

“I’ve only ever been with Lois Lane,” he whispered and disappeared out the window.
Gotta love her Christmas gift! I'll take some of that too. smile1

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Michael: And here I thought I'd scared another one off. eek laugh hyper

Uuuummm…no? Oh, wait, “Clark” not “Superman”.
Ah, yes. To refresh your memory... Alt-Lois doesn't know that she and Lucy (canon Lois) are the same person, different dimensions. Nor does she know that the man she had a wild weekend with (Mr. Amazing) is the same as Clark Kent. And go...

Best damn reporter in the entire city. Indeed.
Best damn self-involved reporter... Oh, right, and she's blind in more ways than one.... or was.

Ooooh! I’ve got an idea: Lois could get home and read Lucy the riot act about how she looks like an elephant and that her blood pressure’s coming from that and she should lose a couple of pounds so she doesn’t hog the men in their combined lives.
I doubt Alt-Lois'd convince the woman (Lucy) who's more close to the man she's crushing on (CK) to lose weight and make herself more appealing. Married or not.

/Imagines Lois calling her father, complaining how Lucy has just made a huge leak on the living room floor.
Baby is due in Feb, this is Dec. Well, she did make that dog joke a day or two earlier.

Hey, it’s a spectator sport. Like wrestling.
And sometimes is spectator sports there is collateral damage, right?

So, she has a man habit and a shopping habit? Does the shoe habit complete the trifecta?
She has a B&E habit, a Chocolate habit, a being nosy habit, a Superman habit <<cough, cough addiction>... shall I go on?

Uuu…brunette?
evil

Yep. Usually, it’s Superman who saves them and Clark who beds them.
She's new. wink

No. His mind was gone bye-bye at that time.
I think the phrase I used was "down the drain" but bye-bye works.

Too much hustle. What if the silicon clogs up the drain?
Nobody mentioned falsies.

But Clark Kent was raised by Kansas farmers and Kal El is the last son of a patriarchal society that actively employs professional caretakes.
I believe the correct term is "concubines".

Umm… actually…
Unscrewed?

Okay, first the lights, now the presents. She does get distracted by shiny things quite easily.
She's been literally blind for a while. Give her a break on the shiny stuff. Doesn't the blue suit have a bit of reflectivity to it? wink

That’s a mean truth. Oh boy, will she tan his hide. Especially, since he told her about the green stuff.
So, you think she'll learn the truth, find Kryptonite, and make a glowy green paddling board? cool

Awwwwwwwwww… the purrfect gift for Lois Lane. Say, did he also stop by at a specialty shop and get Lois an anatomically correct chocolate figure wrapped in blue/yellow foil and a red napkin?
If he did that wouldn't it have been on the cover of all the tabloids? That would have been creepy.

She’ll look like Lucy!
Give her time. She's only been home less than a week.

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Laura: Thank you. I'd accept a bit of that gift myself.

immery: Alt-Lois takes a while to get used to. I'm glad you like her.

Joan: Yes, CK=Vanilla instead of chocolate in this scenario. It was my spin on the whole men are ice-cream analogy from Target:JO. wink

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
And here I thought I'd scared another one off.
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Is that "give her time to grow into Lucy's wardrobe"?
evil

VirginiaR.
---
Columnist
Columnist
So, Alt-Lois doesn't notice that Lucy El looks just like her? Or is she just as 'blinded' as Real Lois was with the disguise thing? lol

.talk nerdy to me.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by MrsLuthor:
So, Alt-Lois doesn't notice that Lucy El looks just like her? Or is she just as 'blinded' as Real Lois was with the disguise thing? lol
It's a case of someone not looking for something they wouldn't otherwise notice, unless someone pointed it out them. Lois didn't realize that alt-Clark wasn't HER Clark in Tempus, Anyone? until Wells pointed it out to her.

VirginiaR.
---

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard